Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 14:01   #1816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I got ticket for no parking AND parking on white line. If it is no parking then does it make sense to get another ticket for parking on white line?
It's possible to commit multiple wrongdoings with just one act. Remember the 26/11 Kasab ? One of the several charges against him is this - he entered the Railway station without a platform ticket.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:04   #1817
BHPian

Yesterday, near the signal leading down to the Citrix office near Brigade Road, a traffic cop on his bike with a female pillion rider, scrapes my left side in the rear quarter panel leaving a ghastly dent. He managed to do so while trying to squeeze between 2 cars waiting for the signal. Balancing his hefty pillion rider between the 2 parked cars would have been a tough task for this rascal who just waved me off after i gave him an angry look after honking continuously. To whom do we complain when the offender is the one who is in-charge of catching the offenders?
Old 17th September 2010, 15:14   #1818

Today, for the second time, my car got hit from behind while waiting patiently at a traffic signal, at least 30 seconds after I had stopped.

Now I have a cracked rear bumper with some deep scratches. The bumper will cost Rs. 2000 to paint and repair or Rs. 6000 to replace.

The scooter guy cannot afford to pay for either. My bad luck I guess!
Old 17th September 2010, 22:28   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Are these people plain blind, or are they just stupid enough to be looking elsewhere while on the road? I don't see any room for excuses, especially when someone has stopped at the lights and it isn't a case of sudden breaking.
Old 17th September 2010, 22:54   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Well I got the same treatment. A guy behind turned to squeeze in between my car and other to come to the front in a red light. I hear the sound of his two wheeler against my bumper. As he came next to me, I had use some real bad words and when he came in front of me, I just moved and bumped into him.
Had been upset with their driving for about 20 kms and had lost patience.No damages on either vehicles.
Dont know what the heck is wrong with the two wheelers.
Old 18th September 2010, 20:59   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Dont know what the heck is wrong with the two wheelers.
I presume its recklessness and lack of concentration. I ride a 2-wheeler too and never have I bumped into another vehicle and not even come close. Last week had a bad day when a stupid biker, who was on my left, suddenly decided to take a right turn, came right in the path of my car. I slammed the brakes and swerved to the right. Fearing the worst, got out of my car to see him lying on the road with his bike under my wheels. No injuries to him, thankfully. The people who had gathered there started shouting at the biker. That was music to my ears, in a land where the fault always lies with the bigger vehicle. My car had a few scratches near the front grill and patch of black paint. A guy who was behind me mentioned 'your car is very good sir' Donno if it was the car or my instinct that prevented a bad day from getting worse!!
Old 26th September 2010, 20:50   #1822
BHPian

I recently got my front bumper painted to remove some of the deep scractes. The other day one biker came front left near the signal and put a scratch on the bumper!
It is really frustrating experience driving on Bangalore road! No one cares for lane & discipline! 2 wheelers are the worst! If everyone follows the rule, all would get to their place on time! But that is not the case! all of us get late 'cos everyone wants to get fast & past others on the road
Everyday I see people shouting at each other on signals, crossings or wherever possible! If the cops do not take necessary action, Bangalore road will become uncontrollable, people will take this for granted and we will see road rage like in Delhi!
Old 27th September 2010, 11:23   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
If everyone follows the rule, all would get to their place on time! But that is not the case! all of us get late 'cos everyone wants to get fast & past others on the road!
Your first statement is not fully correct. The right statement may be - if everyone follows the rule, many but not all would get to their place on time. That's where the problem is !!

The person who has no chance of getting on time by following rule has no incentive to follow the rule (given the rule enforcement is weak). So, his best option is to break it and he would most likely do so. Once he breaks the rule, he does so at someone else's expense, someone who thus far was ok with following the rules. Now this person also has no incentive to stick to the rule as doing so is not protecting his interests. So, he will also join the mad race. And this trend soon starts snowballing into what we see everyday on any Indian city road.

This is not only true for road chaos, but the same model applies to most other chaos that we have to deal with everyday in our life.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:44   #1824
BHPian

yesterday on my way back from Jaymahal extension to Whitefield at about 2000 hrs there were these cars-a red swift, a white 800 and a indica cab- the moment I overtook one of them(at speeds of 30-40 km) they get offended and somehow they have to get in front of me-this was the same with all three cars. As we know that Bangalore traffic is a great leveller-no matter which car you drive or how fast, all meet up at the next traffic lights/jam. My issue here is EGO is at stake?? the reason for the overtaking? I am able to cross them because of my anticipation of the way the traffic will move because of my nearly 35 years of driving experience. Have any of you had this type of experience-Highway I understand "my car is faster then yours"" but in the City???

Col J H Mayne
Old 27th September 2010, 11:50   #1825
BHPian

I don't get it. What do these guys achieve by reaching their destination 5 min early? They waste 10 times more time than that talking about T20 or about movies. Besides, if they are in such a hurry, why not start a bit early? I think we indians are just impatient on the road and don't think twice about breaking a traffic rule.
My personal rule, I always start early after taking into account the traffic, distance and plan in such a way that i reach the destination atleast 15 min prior to my appointment without driving like a moron.
This is why whenever i see some guy driving in a crazy fashion on the road, i simply let them pass. I feel safer seeing these guys before me rather than in my rear view mirrors.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:07   #1826
BANNED

Hey Gany, like in any urban city in India, lot of people from rural & semi-urban areas (from all regions of the country) have moved to Bangalore and have made their home. Influx from other urban areas is comparatively less.
Typical characteristic of rural & semi-urban areas is less traffic. So people have little idea about traffic rules, one ways, footpaths, red-lights, honking and lane discipline. They can't learn all these stuff in a day. They are trying to adjust to the requirements of the big city. During their learning process, you will find them as annoyance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
It is really frustrating experience driving on Bangalore road! No one cares for lane & discipline! 2 wheelers are the worst! If everyone follows the rule, all would get to their place on time! But that is not the case! all of us get late 'cos everyone wants to get fast & past others on the road
You want the cop to play headmaster?
Quote:
Everyday I see people shouting at each other on signals, crossings or wherever possible! If the cops do not take necessary action, Bangalore road will become uncontrollable, people will take this for granted and we will see road rage like in Delhi!
Hey sabynag, brilliant composition. Keep them coming
Old 27th September 2010, 12:10   #1827
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Have any of you had this type of experience-Highway I understand "my car is faster then yours"" but in the City???
Sir, it happens with me all the time on my route from Hebbal to ITPL. The height is it even happens early in the morning @6.30~7.00am.

This morning, a red Chevy beat somehow got offended when I overtook him near Nagavara circle. He might be driving around 50s. This got him offended and was trying to catch me up all the way upto Whitefield. In his haste to overtake me he nearly banged a couple of buffaloes near Brigade Metropolis but that did not deter him and he was all the more determined. There was no reason for all this considering the thin traffic. We both would have reached safely no matter who overtook whom.
Old 27th September 2010, 17:35   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey Gany, like in any urban city in India, lot of people from rural & semi-urban areas (from all regions of the country) have moved to Bangalore and have made their home. Influx from other urban areas is comparatively less. <snip>
Not Necessarily. People born and brought up in Bangalore for instance behave similarly. Even a few people working at higher positions in companies like VPs, etc drive in similar manner in their luxury cars of course.
Old 27th September 2010, 17:58   #1829
Senior - BHPian

+ 1 to that

When it comes to driving discipline all are same. According to me 99 percent of Indian drivers do not have proper driving skills/knwledge/discipline.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:42   #1830
BHPian

and they abuse the remaining 1% when we follow the rules
like stopping at an amber light
or on mysore road, i was on the correct side of the roadr and when i stuck to it, so that i could block the motorists(read 2 wheelers) who were trying to overtake by coming on the wrong side of the road, they were shouting at me, at first i got very irritated but then i realised there's no point arguing with these people so i just continued driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks