Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 12:57   #3541
Oxy
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Walk to Sarjapur Road (maybe 5 min). Take any bus (Sometimes a couple of buses wait there for passengers from the train). Get down at Iblur. Cross over and take any 500 series bus to Marathahalli. There will be Volvos to ITPL also but not sure of frequency at 5.30am.

Note: If the train you are getting down is the Kannur-Yeshwantpur Exp, it normally reaches Carmelaram only between 6-6.30 on most days.
Thanks very much Rajeev. I'd be coming from Madurai on the Tuticorin Express, which reaches Carmelaram by around 5:20 AM.
Old 4th July 2012, 21:51   #3542
BHPian

Re: Daily jam caused by AMD buses at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
And finally, why should I ask my company management to talk to AMD? As a citizen, don't I have rights on the road like anyone else? It is not like the road is owned by the companies there.
Absolutely agree with you on this. As citizens, we have every right to question things like these.

Further, i also think that big corporate houses like TCS or AMD have a social responsibility towards improving the society. Most companies i have seen have policies to make this happen. I am doubtless AMD or any other big company has enough clout to make it happen "easily". Although this is subcontracted, there is a pretty hugh chunk of money involved, and so AMD (or any other big company) can easily ask the sub contractor to not cause inconvinience and ask certain measures to be taken. So, this is the route that would be most preferable, as it the most likely route to make things happen.

Going the legal way would be another route (like going to Bangalore Mirror) but i can imagine that this is the hard path forward. The problem in going the legal route is, "where do you draw a line?". Parking on the road is anyway illegal. But all companies do it... The law does not distinguish between parking illegally and double parking illegally. Both are equally bad. So, it becomes a big problem to justify it legally, without involving all the other companies and transport companies who do exactly the same.

But still, kudos to you to atleast do something about this. I atleast am a mute spectator, and dont know how to fix things - so all my wishes for your success in this.
Old 5th July 2012, 00:25   #3543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Your concerns are very much valid. But solutions are hard to come by.Why buses come at 4 instead of 5.30 may be due to logistic and scheduling challenges from BMTC. Regarding TTMC parking, it is oveflowing most of the time and buses are mostly parked on ITPL main road with line reaching Wipro GE gate some time.
But remember it has 350 odd car parking too? Is any one utilizing that? This is why I requested you to talk to your management. They cannot let their employees fend for themselves when it come to parking.
Skewing is a good option and I hope AMD is considering that.
We had tried renting out the BMTC bus station parking but couldn't find any info on whom to approach. The persons sitting at the parking lot entrance had no clue and were just repeating, "some company parking" and the BMTC office guys also were not much helpful.

Like someone mentioned, the root cause is lack of proper planing and we can't do much about it. So at least do our bit to not inconvenience others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
But still, kudos to you to atleast do something about this. I atleast am a mute spectator, and dont know how to fix things - so all my wishes for your success in this.
Thanks for the support guys. There is some good news after all. I had mailed the AMD India management too regarding this and today the Facilities head called me to discuss the concerns. He has promised some action, so hopefully there will be some improvement.

Last edited by Jaguar : 5th July 2012 at 00:27.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:32   #3544
BHPian

Quote:
We had tried renting out the BMTC bus station parking but ... so hopefully there will be some improvement.
Any conclusion reached on this? I could see parking fine pasted on many cars on this stretch today.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:38   #3545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Any conclusion reached on this? I could see parking fine pasted on many cars on this stretch today.
I came to know that the stretch has been made a no parking zone. Although no boards were put up, a cop was shooing away the motorists. As long as the rule is implemented for all, good. Bit if the AMD-BMTC is given permission to park, it is like hitting below the belt.

Last edited by Jaguar : 5th July 2012 at 14:40.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:31   #3546
BHPian

Quote:
I came to know that the stretch has been made a no parking zone. Although no boards were put up, a cop was shooing away the motorists. As long as the rule is implemented for all, good. Bit if the AMD-BMTC is given permission to park, it is like hitting below the belt.
AMD facilities had the following reply,
"
We are already on the job, yesterday we had meeting with the same guy who published,
also we have gone to the BMTC asking for the parking in the BMTC bus terminus nearby." It seems there is some action.

Quote:
AMD employees also appreciate your stance.
"We've raised this point with facilities before. Fell on deaf ears. Now that someone from outside is complaining maybe it will have more effect. I've forwarded this to the relevant people."

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th July 2012 at 06:11. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 6th July 2012, 00:32   #3547
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

I stay close to Hosur road near Bosch building.

And everyday, late night at this hour(11-12am) i could hear bikers racing(those RX100 engines, probably) in loops.
Old 6th July 2012, 01:19   #3548
Senior - BHPian

Update- finally the police have arrived and the bikers(almost 20-25 guys) are now scuttling to cover in all the by-lanes.
Old 6th July 2012, 08:52   #3549
Team-BHP Support

Coming from Marathahalli towards HAL, one lane is closed since they are laying pipes.

Like a good citizen, most of us queued up. As you would know, plenty of the LCV's, indicabs, sumo's decide to go on the wrong side of the road and try to butt in when the road works end.

To cout a long story short, the leader of the pack butts in and hits an Indicar holding up these guys. A cleaner from a tempo gets out to stop us and allow passage. I drive straight at him and he jumps, all other traffic join in and do not let give these folks a chance. sicne the queue backed up, I guess they were waiting a long time!

Natural justice!
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 08:59   #3550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
all other traffic join in and do not let give these folks a chance. sicne the queue backed up, I guess they were waiting a long time!

Natural justice!
I do this regularly at the Sarjapur road railway crossing, where the main culprits are the BMTC buses.
Old 6th July 2012, 09:02   #3551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
plenty of the LCV's, indicabs, sumo's decide to go on the wrong side of the road and try to butt in when the road works end.
I would blame the traffic cops for setting a precedent over here by occasionally allowing traffic on both sides. So in their absence these guys feel its quite natural to drive on the wrong side.
Old 6th July 2012, 09:09   #3552
Senior - BHPian

Saw this update from BTP facebook page just now:
KEB Works on Hosur road near Tavarekere signal has completely slowed traffic from Madiwala check post towards Dairy circle.
Anyone planing to take this route, it would be advisable to take an alternate route
Old 6th July 2012, 10:24   #3553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Saw this update from BTP facebook page just now:
KEB Works on Hosur road near Tavarekere signal has completely slowed traffic from Madiwala check post towards Dairy circle.
Anyone planing to take this route, it would be advisable to take an alternate route
True. This has been going on since 2-3 days now. There is some drain pipe replacement going on opposite forum / prestige Acropolis. Also, another drain pipe replacement site is in front of Ghousia college just before Christ college bus stop. Many buses swerve to the right here and squeeze traffic. Yesternight, I took 15-20 minutes from Big Bazaar to Dairy circle due to these bottlenecks.

EDIT : sorry they are not drain pipes, it seems they are electricity lines, my bad

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th July 2012 at 10:31.
Old 6th July 2012, 13:17   #3554
Senior - BHPian

This happened a few months ago. At the junction of Lower Agram road and Victoria road, I wanted to take left (towards Lifestyle), so I was in the left lane. In front of me was this police car, which wasn't moving, even though the left turn was open (as can be seen through the windshield of the police car). I honked once, but this guy did not move. I knew, he wanted to take right, and he could not go ahead. I had enough time to try 3-4 times to take the photograph correctly (I had to time it precisely, since the green light was blinking all the time). I was right. When the lights turned green fully, he went right.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-12052012637.jpg

--------------
I have found a way to tackle the problem at the railway crossing in front of Decathlon. I now stick to the left lane. It always moves quicker than right lane. I think it is because the right lane traffic has to give way to oncoming traffic, as well as take care of the traffic in left lane. I don't hesitate to get completely off the road on the left if required. Most cars hesitate to get off the road, because the cars might scrape their bottoms to the rocks. Luckily, I have a Palio ;-)
Old 6th July 2012, 16:00   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf
In front of me was this police car, which wasn't moving, even though the left turn was open (as can be seen through the windshield of the police car). I honked once, but this guy did not move. I knew, he wanted to take right, and he could not go ahead. I had enough time to try 3-4 times to take the photograph correctly (I had to time it precisely, since the green light was blinking all the time). I was right. When the lights turned green fully, he went right.
You could have taken photograph with number plate and showing green signal for left turn. Then to be posted on BTP's FB page. They will surely respond that they have sent notice (donot know how far its true)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks