Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 18:55   #3646
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Hoo boy! This has the makings of a right royal mess. .
Everyday there are atleast 10 vehicles in Bee line to make the right turn even after so many days of making it a no right turn.

There are so many boards kept all the way, but sadly not a single one where the message is clear for a passing motorist. They have printed the map into flex and kept it all over the road. Funny enough you need to read the map with a tilted neck

And the No right turn board kept at the junction looks like to have been picked up from some junk yard.
Old 14th August 2012, 13:34   #3647
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Here is a junction where drivers ignore the red light with gay abandon. This is the junction of HSR 14th main road and Sarjapur road. Towards the end of the video you would hear a car horn. That was a fellow citizen with his family including kids behind me who was frustrated with me for stopping at the red light.

-- Wind
I go thro this place everyday. I take the left from HSR 14th main to go to Koramangala. Even after the signal changes, i can count upto 10 cars easy jumping signals. I'd written a complaint in BTP's facebook page, which was deleted within half an hour!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th August 2012 at 19:42. Reason: Removed quoted video for benefit of mobile users.
Old 17th August 2012, 12:00   #3648
Senior - BHPian

A Tempo traveller guy was driving rashly and was about to hit a biker on HSR flyover. The biker was clearly annoyed and after the flyover he moved to the left and luckily there was a police man walking on the footpath. He showed the Temp traveller and might have told him about how the idiot was driving. The tempo guy had to stop at the red light just before me and the policeman got into the tempo and asked him to move and stop on the left side of the road where the biker also joined them.

Kudos to the biker for not just scolding and backing it up complaining to the policeman. I think we cant expect Police to be present every 25 metres. We need to start taking our responsibilities seriously and make sure we complain to the authorities.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 14:56   #3649
BHPian

Ride on footpath and lose your licence

Traffic police have already seized the driving licence of a techie in ITPL and sent it to Bhopal RTO for suspension.

http://mobilepaper.timesofindia.com/...00&publabel=MM
=================

Superb initiative by BTP. Hope they get strict on other offences as well with same ruthlessness.
mannubhai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 14:04   #3650
BHPian

Despite all the rants, there are reasons to love this beautiful city
WindRide is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 14:44   #3651
BHPian

Crossed ORR New Horizon college bus stop twice (up & down) during last hour. There are 4-5 police man checking vehicles randomly, towards Marathalli side from Bellandur. Mainly checking DL, seat belt & tint. I was stopped by a police. everything was in order for me. I chatted a little bit with a cop, he said some police drive is going on on ORR today.
Old 24th August 2012, 19:30   #3652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide
little Bangalore
Great video. Liked how the suv passed buldozer around 2:10

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th August 2012 at 19:41. Reason: Removed quoted video for benefit of mobile users.
Old 24th August 2012, 20:26   #3653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Has anyone noticed that almost everyone breaks the traffic rules on the way to BIAL? While going for my flight, i saw lots of owner driven vehicles(ODV) breaking signals and it was shocking to see the percentage of cabbies breaking signals compared to the ODVs were very less.

And im talking of the suit and tie wearing public. If we ourselves set bad examples, then we cant expect cabbies to be any different. Shame on us.

Thankfully my cabbie that day was a decent man and drove very well.
There is a reason behind that. BIAL has hidden cameras in few places to catch the violators. Once clicked, challans are mailed. ODVs may not know this and almost all cabbies know this.

My cabbie was very well experienced, he knew exactly where cams were and didn't break any of them and broke the rest in full gusto. He was courteous enough to point where cams were, in the friendly banter !
babu.sundaram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 20:54   #3654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Crossed ORR New Horizon college bus stop twice (up & down) during last hour. There are 4-5 police man checking vehicles randomly, towards Marathalli side from Bellandur. Mainly checking DL, seat belt & tint. I was stopped by a police. everything was in order for me. I chatted a little bit with a cop, he said some police drive is going on on ORR today.
If I am not mistaken, there is a rule which prohibits BTP personnel from randomly stopping vehicles under the pretext of checking. They can only stop us if we have made a traffic violation, not merely for the sake of checking documents. Incidents of anyone randomly stopping vehicles can be reported to the BTP office, as far as I know.

I have been stopped like this once near Golf course road last month, and when I demanded to know the reason why I was stopped when there are clear rules not to 'check' documents unless I committed any mistake, the cop was a bit taken aback. He proceeded to grin and said sarcastically in kannada "thumba buddhivantharu neevu... sari hogi" (translated to english means 'you guys seem to be smart, ok carry on'). I could see the cops harassing a couple of other hapless citizens there when I left.

EDIT : check this link
http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...e&id=93&btp=93

FAQ question no. 3 clearly states
All the police officers have been clearly told not to stop the motorists merely for checking the documents. Only when the motorist has committed some traffic violations, he can be stopped, documents checked and penalized for non-possession. There are strict instructions against police men stopping the vehicles unless you commit some traffic violation.

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th August 2012 at 21:04.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 15:00   #3655
Senior - BHPian

Is riding in the footpath common in bangalore?

Since last week, i saw at two places where 2 wheelers riding in the footpath: once at E-city 1 signal, and another time at KH road.

The last i saw a motorcycle riding in the footpath is at Delhi.
Old 31st August 2012, 15:34   #3656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Is riding in the footpath common in bangalore?

Since last week, i saw at two places where 2 wheelers riding in the footpath: once at E-city 1 signal, and another time at KH road.

The last i saw a motorcycle riding in the footpath is at Delhi.
Happens many times on my daily commute. Especially on Infantry road and in Cubbon park. I am always tempted to click a snap and upload on BTP's facebook page. But we are not supposed to use a cell phone while driving, so I hold back.
Old 31st August 2012, 17:26   #3657
BHPian

I see many of these jokers riding on foot paths on KH Road and at Queens road near Congress H.O and ESI. My blood boils when they show no mercy on blocking aged persons on foot path and when they jump back from footpagh to road. Buf still I will be calm and five them way. (I sport tbhp url on my fairings and will be utmost cool without any roadrages)

Will post this o BTP FB page.

Last edited by HighOctane : 31st August 2012 at 17:31.
Old 5th September 2012, 11:19   #3658
BHPian

While returning from Krishnagiri / Hosur, I wanted to take Attibele-Sarjapur Road from the Hosur toll-booth. Somehow I could not find the exact place where to turn right after the toll-booth and forced to go towards Silk Board. Can any T-BHpian please guide.
Old 5th September 2012, 11:23   #3659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
While returning from Krishnagiri / Hosur, I wanted to take Attibele-Sarjapur Road from the Hosur toll-booth. Somehow I could not find the exact place where to turn right after the toll-booth and forced to go towards Silk Board. Can any T-BHpian please guide.
Immediately after the Attibelle toll booth, there is the flyover that goes over Attibelle, dont take that, go on the side of the flyover and turn right under the flyover. That is the starting of the Attibelle-Sarjapur Road.

Just to add, I took this road last weekend and felt that the traffic on the Attibelle-Sarjapur-ORR stretch has increased quite a bit and hence I felt the better option was to continue on the highway and maybe cut towards Sarjapur Road via Jail road.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th September 2012 at 11:31. Reason: additional content
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 01:59   #3660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just to add, I took this road last weekend and felt that the traffic on the Attibelle-Sarjapur-ORR stretch has increased quite a bit and hence I felt the better option was to continue on the highway and maybe cut towards Sarjapur Road via Jail road.
The Jail road has too many huge speed breakers and it is a pain to drive there. I think the better option would be to take the Chandapura-Dommasandra road. The road is beautiful and it has very little traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks