Old 16th November 2015, 06:54   #9841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
(2) Lorry mishaps will invite Traffic inspectors being booked-
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/49773429.cms

Hope this is strictly enforced.
Earlier too there was ban on the movement of lorries during peak hours. But looks like the lorry mafia lobbied with the govt which in turn promptly removed the ban.
This time let's wait and watch.
Old 16th November 2015, 08:15   #9842
BHPian

Towards Marathahalli side, there is a bus breakdown few meters after the exit of the hsr bda flyover. I crossed this location at 7:30 am, less likely chances that this will be cleared in time.

I hope this helps.
Old 16th November 2015, 08:16   #9843
BHPian

Traffic alert on Old Airport Road:

Today morning @ 7.30 AM there is traffic pileup from HAL junction to Manipal Signal (towards Marathalli direction). Traffic personnel just reached the spot and controlling the traffic manually (signal lights are off).
Those who are planning to take this stretch Today morning may think of alternatives.
Old 16th November 2015, 09:53   #9844
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Extremely slow moving traffic this morning, took 90 minutes to cover 11Km from Gopalan Mall to Whitefield. Used just 1st and 2nd gear almost all the way.
Thanks to the superb roads around Whitefield, we have streams, deep potholes, stagnant water patches, dug up roads, everything that can help make it disastrous in such weather. Luckily most motorists seemed to be driving sanely not taking any risks with crazy maneuvers.
Old 16th November 2015, 10:02   #9845
Senior - BHPian

Weather forecasts say that it is going to rain for the majority of this week as well. So traffic jams continue to trouble the commuters.
Old 16th November 2015, 10:03   #9846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Extremely slow moving traffic this morning, took 90 minutes to cover 11Km from Gopalan Mall to Whitefield. Used just 1st and 2nd gear almost all the way.
Thanks to the superb roads around Whitefield, we have streams, deep potholes, stagnant water patches, dug up roads, everything that can help make it disastrous in such weather. Luckily most motorists seemed to be driving sanely not taking any risks with crazy maneuvers.
Been very paranoid about traffic and expect things to get worse for evenings. One reason why I leave home by 0630 and be here in EC by 0730.

Due to rains, the lazy weather and the fact that most would have returned to base on yesterday after festive holidays, I expected less traffic but things were same (or perhaps a bit more than usual) even at this hour of the day.

Luckily, all the signals were functional making things streamlined else I normally witness 50% signals turned off on my way.

Also glad to see a majority of cars driving with tail lamps on for good visibility (to others) while I did encounter a cabbie who's tail lamps were functional but not even one brake lamp lighted up while he hardbraked at Adugodi while I just missed him by inches .

Looking at the clod formation in IMD Website, the rains are to remain and things could get worse starting tomorrow night to Thursday.

Evenings is what can make things go completely out o gear as there is no real pattern in traffic then compared to morning (Unlike 8am-9am-10am slots).
Old 16th November 2015, 10:08   #9847
BHPian

Rains are playing havoc on the roads. Bad roads causing slow traffic all over. This inturn is causing long queues at the known pressure points and with most people returning to work after the holidays it will take a couple of days to stabilise or rather getting used to the indisciplined Bangalore traffic after a relaxing vacation.
To add to that rivulets and little ponds have followed holiday makers from holiday destinations to Bangalore and are here to stay on the roads.
Old 16th November 2015, 10:12   #9848
Senior - BHPian

The entire stretch from Hope farm to Hoodi has turned into an off road track. The big bazaar junction is completely broken with deep craters. Vehicles are not able to move on green signal as the road is broken. Avoid this junction today if possible. The Hopefarm - Hoodi section is the worst.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 11:29   #9849
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
The Hopefarm - Hoodi section is the worst.
Yes!
And the cluster of potholes beneath the Hanging bridge at the KR Puram Railway station junction have deepened. Same is the case outside Zuri.
By far the worst roads in Bangalore are now in Whitefield. A new break in median has come up just past the ABB/Bhoruka signal so motorists can now enjoy another place of criss-crossing . This section between ABB signal and Hoodi signal is a shame since a wide 4 lane one way road has barely 2 usable lanes, 1 on either side of the median

Last edited by NPV : 16th November 2015 at 11:32.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 11:54   #9850
Senior - BHPian

The condition of the road, between Kjm (krpuram) railway station to ITPL, especially the return direction, won't be out of place if put on the road map for the next Rainforest challenge.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 12:04   #9851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The condition of the road, between Kjm (krpuram) railway station to ITPL, especially the return direction, won't be out of place if put on the road map for the next Rainforest challenge.
Saw in the news papers couple of days back that roads that are developed under TENDER SURE will not face the issue of water stagnation. Will it be good for Whitefield roads if they are developed under TENDER SURE??
Old 16th November 2015, 12:05   #9852
Senior - BHPian

Crazy traffic on the roads today! Either traffic or roads would be the culprit most of the days but today it was rain, traffic and road condition altogether which made it worse.

I reached from my home near lalbagh to my office in EC in 2.5 hours! Traffic all the way till madiwala market after which it eased up. But one thing I did notice was except few auto folks, driving manners of all people were good considering how bad it was out there.
Old 16th November 2015, 12:12   #9853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
But one thing I did notice was except few auto folks, driving manners of all people were good considering how bad it was out there.
People have no choice but to stick to disciplined driving lest they fall off their 2 wheelers considering the very good condition of the roads.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 13:44   #9854
BHPian

ORR from Hennur to KR puram is choked since this morning and even at this off-peak hour there is backlog from KR puram to Rammurthy nagar underpass.
Do we know what is causing this?
Old 16th November 2015, 13:48   #9855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
ORR from Hennur to KR puram is choked since this morning and even at this off-peak hour there is backlog from KR puram to Rammurthy nagar underpass.
Do we know what is causing this?
There would be multiple causes for this. One main thing is, buses are picking up passengers from under the KR puram bridge, and people too want to board there to avoid getting wet. This is the narrowest point in that road, further narrowed down by stopped buses.

And more cars may be out on roads today, because of the constant drizzle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks