Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 11:28   #601
BHPian

There is an interesting twist to the mugging-stripping-extortion incident reported recently in Bangalore..

Quote:
Mugging victim’ was on sex prowl

Cops say he was stripped and robbed after a quarrel over the call girl’s ‘price’

Praveen Kumar

Posted On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 06:58:29 AM

The HSR Layout police investigating a mugging case on the Outer Ring Road have learnt that the ‘victim’ had filed a false complaint. Anup, a private firm employee and a resident of Koramangala, had told the cops he was waylaid by a gang of four near Lemon Grass Restaurant on Friday, and stripped and robbed.

Joint Commissioner (crime) Alok Kumar, who was at the police station when the ‘victim’ came there, felt the complainant was trying to hide something. As it turns out, the top cop’s suspicions were proved correct.

What gave Anup away was the ‘contact’ number of one of the gang that he provided to the police. “As we did not want to take any chances, a complaint was registered. We contacted the accused person and learnt that Anup had fabricated the incident,” said a police officer.

What really happened, the police said, was that Anup had surfed the net for call girls. He had obtained a contact number and had arranged to meet the party at HAL. There was a quarrel over the ‘price’, following which he was stripped and robbed.
Obviously reluctant to come out with the real facts, Anup filed a false complaint. He confessed to the police that he had read reports about mugging cases in the area and cooked up a similar story. His car was found abandoned near Marathalli.
The police are on the look-out for the accused persons and are also considering taking action against Anup for filing a false complaint.

Mugging victim? was on sex prowl, News - City - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror

May be Jeeva can tell us if there is any truth in the above twist of tales or is it the super inefficient Bangalore police doing what they do best...Deny everything?

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 19th October 2010 at 11:30.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:32   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
There is an interesting twist to the mugging-stripping-extortion incident reported recently in Bangalore..

Mugging victim? was on sex prowl, News - City - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror

May be Jeeva can tell us if there is any truth in the above twist of tales or is it the super inefficient Bangalore police doing what they do best...Deny everything?
If this is true, then my suspicions proved correct.....there are too many loose ends and gaps in this story.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:33   #603
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow, that is quite a twist to the tale. Even I was having the same doubts raised by Himanshu.
Somehow, the earlier version did not seem to be coherent.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:37   #604
BHPian

Anup the "victim" is one great story teller! I only hope that there are no copycats who will use this to rob genuine folks by staging fake accidents with little children and then creating a scene of harassment. I pray that this has not opened a can of worms??
Old 19th October 2010, 11:51   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Holy cow, that is quite a twist to the tale.
If this story is true, then it is indeed a twist to the tale. The dude was actually chasing some other tail and ended up on the wrong side
Old 19th October 2010, 12:15   #606
Senior - BHPian

What ??

if this is true , then the so called victim needs to be punished as well.
Old 19th October 2010, 13:39   #607
BHPian

Was surprised to read this in the papers today. BTW what does the 'victims' friend in this forum have to say about this?
Old 19th October 2010, 14:16   #608
BHPian

Running for help from a system which is least bothered about the value of individual life is useless. Hope the cops get hold of the group someday soon, by mistake.

This is actually not new. This is the way they operate in foreign countries while mugging people in cars.

They get into unlocked cars in a signal, pull a gun, ask you to drive to a far spot outside the city, ditch you and get away with the car and all valuables and you are made to walk back with pain and agony.

Last edited by Visaster : 19th October 2010 at 14:31. Reason: Was not of any value to the discussion
Old 19th October 2010, 14:26   #609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
Was surprised to read this in the papers today. BTW what does the 'victims' friend in this forum have to say about this?
No point jumping on the member who mentioned he is a friend of the 'victim'. All he could probably know was what was told to him. So, lets keep that aside.
Old 19th October 2010, 14:30   #610
BHPian

ancientmariner and all,
Until now, whatever information I had was that the cops are on the lookout for the people behind the incident. But the report says that he has already confessed the foul play.
I apologize here to all of you, if the report is indeed true. Hell yes, he needs to be punished if its true.

I just wanted to alert people over here as it had happened to someone I knew. But never expected this to turn into something this ugly.
Feels pathetic to have trusted him and spread around the word.
Sorry guys. I repent for having known him now.
A good lesson learnt, the hardest possible way for me.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2010, 14:41   #611
Team-BHP Support

Note from TEAM-BHP Support

Lets please get back to the topic on hand and drop this interesting but now off-topic story.

thanks,
TEAM BHP Support.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:22   #612
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

bblost - well said. lets kill/ close this thread. its not going anywhere at all and is a waste of time.
anyway, the rest of the world should not be sitting in on judgement on a member of the forum who just happens to know the human being concerned in some controversy. I mean the fault can hardly be laid at Jeeva's door for simply knowing the troubled chap!

I think any one of us who is travelling along lonely/ dark stretches had simply better keep an eye out and the doors locked and the windows up. Plus drive with care and concentration so as to avoid potential dangers/ pitfalls from muggers and the like.

cheerio
Old 25th October 2010, 21:29   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
I don't have any first hand report on this but from a reliable source what I came to know that, he was first trapped by muggers and then criminals+Lawyers+Police (media too??) nexus.
Anyway, as many suggested, lets stop discussing this.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:04   #614
Team-BHP Support

With cops like this, do we need thieves in Bangalore?

Thieving policemen of Viveknagar - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:20   #615
Senior - BHPian

Well there are thieves and thieves in uniform. I was arguing about law reinforcement with my cousin in Georgia and he came up with a very interesting fact. He said here (USA) police earn about 140,000 $ an year and other benefits. They get this as they put their lives at stake at ever pull over they make. Every citizen at a proper age and license can hold a gun and pull the trigger. That is one major cause as to why they don't take petty bribes. Well there might be black sheep there too but not in majority. Before anyone starts shouting on why am I pulling other countries here, please let is be for analogical purposes. Please.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 3rd December 2010 at 09:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks