Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2016, 13:41   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post

In other words:
  1. The police have no business telling you to avoid this or that road.
  2. It's their duty to patrol known trouble spots.
  3. Police must stop collecting haftha from paani puri vendors and street hawkers.
I don't understand the point one, aren't they allowed to warn about the potential danger. Yes, it is their duty to patrol the trouble spots so that the likelihood of any robbery is drastically reduced.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 14:02   #1157
BANNED

Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I don't understand the point one, aren't they allowed to warn about the potential danger. Yes, it is their duty to patrol the trouble spots so that the likelihood of any robbery is drastically reduced.
Well, you know it's not like some flood or earthquake warning. And it's not like you are in the Chambal valley, the area of daku Mangal Singh!

They may warn us. Though it's totally their fault an area becomes unsafe.

Nobody can tell you to leave an area because they (police) are incapable of doing their job. Then why are we (our taxes) paying them salaries and benefits?

This is my personal view.

I'll leave an area or go to an area when I feel like. At whatever time.

I believe everyone should get a little more authoritative and brave on their rights of hanging around anyplace. As long as your intentions are peaceful and you don't disturb people, you must be left alone.

Now I live in a city. In my native village we never care for any police advise. The only time police come there is when some clever fellow is doing some chit fund scam or similar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks