Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 14:36   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Apparently the operator has to press a key .
This seems to be true in most toll booths now, not just limited to airport toll. Don't know the reason for this shift, my guess is that, it's to avoid people using wrong category of Fastag. Like the cases of trucks using LMV tags.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 17:35   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This seems to be true in most toll booths now, not just limited to airport toll. Don't know the reason for this shift, my guess is that, it's to avoid people using wrong category of Fastag. Like the cases of trucks using LMV tags.
If that becomes a practice across all booths, the very purpose of having a Fastag will be lost.
Old 9th July 2021, 13:56   #168
BHPian

I haven't been to the airport since the pandemic began, but need to do so tomorrow evening. When I checked for directions, google is suggesting that I take the road via Bagalur as it "avoids road closure on NH 44". I believe, it is talking about the road closure marked with an arrow in the picture below.

For people who have been to the airport recently - should I be avoiding the usual route due to this closure? I mean, does it have the potential to cause a big jam when it rains or some other small reason? I like it for the predictability and not sure how is the condition of the suggested route now a days (driving a low GC car like city one needs to be careful in rainy season). Also, IIRC, the Bagalur route used to have a railway crossing which will add further variability.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-annotation-20210709-134506.png  

Last edited by Su-47 : 9th July 2021 at 14:04.
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 14:10   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post

For people who have been to the airport recently - should I be avoiding the usual route due to this closure? I mean, does it have the potential to cause a big jam when it rains or some other small reason?
!
There is no closure on the regular route. Have done that quite a few times recently and latest yesterday night. Google might have been wrongly updated to indicate the flyover closure which used to happen during the so called night curfew era. But right now its a bliss to drive to and from the airport especially at night times.

I am not sure of the entire bagalur route but I have done it in bits and pieces and at least the sections I have covered have never had problems, especially to the extent of challenging the ground clearance. But I prefer the regular route to airport for it's ease of use.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 00:02   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There is no closure on the regular route. But right now its a bliss to drive to and from the airport especially at night times.

I am not sure of the entire bagalur route but I have done it in bits and pieces and at least the sections I have covered have never had problems,
Because of some last minute confusion, my start to airport got delayed by about 10mins. So, ended up taking the Bagalur route to cover up on time. It's broken in small patches, but like you said, nothing problematic for low GC sedans.

While coming back, took the usual toll road, and understood the reason why gmaps wants to avoid the toll road. It has nothing to do with the toll road itself, but I believe the culprit is the flyover in front of Manyata Tech Park. Since it was dark, I couldn't make out the reason, but looks like someone decided to split a 3-lane flyover into 2 lanes in one direction and just one in another (from KR puram to Hebbal side), and that is bound to make things slow.
Old 13th July 2021, 10:02   #171
BHPian

Hello all,
My fastag is having issues and I have an airport pickup to make today so planning to avoid the toll road.

Has anybody used this route? Can I use it for both ongoing and return journey?

Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-screenshot-20210713-9.59.46-am.png
dhrupadh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 21:58   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrupadh View Post
Hello all,
My fastag is having issues and I have an airport pickup to make today so planning to avoid the toll road.

Has anybody used this route? Can I use it for both ongoing and return journey?

Attachment 2178591
Thought of sharing in case somebody is looking for the same information.

So I tried this route and found it okay. Though it is very narrow and obviously takes more time, its not bad if you are in a situation such as I was.

Hope this is helpful for somebody!
dhrupadh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 20:17   #173
BHPian

Has anyone used the Budigere route to the airport recently from Varthur/Whitefield side? Just want to know about the road conditions because we will be in a low GC sedan. Or is it advisable to stick to the regular KR Puram - Hebbal - Airport route?
Old 20th September 2021, 22:42   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
Has anyone used the Budigere route to the airport recently from Varthur/Whitefield side? Just want to know about the road conditions because we will be in a low GC sedan. Or is it advisable to stick to the regular KR Puram - Hebbal - Airport route?
I used this route a week ago and it was good for 90% of the trip. The roads are butter smooth from the Aerospace SEZ entrance till the airport. Before that there are some under construction stretches but nothing scraped my sedan (Yaris).
nagr22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 12:24   #175
avk
BHPian

Had done an airport trip today. The toll for a return trip has been increased to Rs 160 from Rs 145.
Old 29th May 2023, 15:32   #176
BHPian

Team,

Had been to the Bengaluru International airport yesterday to drop a relative and returned soon after (paid onward toll at 10:40 pm IST and the return toll at 11:10 pm IST). Was surprised to notice that the toll of 110/- was levied on both sides of the journey. I thought there was a lower fare if you are returning the same day (this was before the FASTag came into enforcement).
Old 29th May 2023, 16:20   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-go-man View Post
Team,Had been to the Bengaluru International airport yesterday to drop a relative and returned soon after (paid onward toll at 10:40 pm IST and the return toll at 11:10 pm IST).
Please raise a ticket with your fastag provider. That is only a way out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks