Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 00:59   #91
BHPian

re: Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The Devanahalli-Hoskote Road is NH207, NH209 is the Kanakapura road (and these numbers would have changed now, don't know the new numbers)
Oops, my bad! Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:21   #92
BHPian

Will be going to BIAL today evening by car with family. Most probably will take the Hebbal-BIAL route.

Those who have been to the airport recently, please update me on the toll collection at the trumpet interchange at flyover.
Do we have to pay toll fee while going to airport ? Or while coming back?
Is there a deviation i have to take just before the toll booth to get onto the airport entry ramp? Wikimapia seems to suggest so.

What is the toll charge?

Thanks!
Old 27th November 2012, 10:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Is there a deviation i have to take just before the toll booth to get onto the airport entry ramp?

Thanks!
Indeed there is a diversion you can take while going to the airport. No need to pay tolls then.
But while coming back from the airport you have to pay.
Others might have found a way out to beat the system. But I am not aware of it.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 12:25   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Will be going to BIAL today evening by car with family. Most probably will take the Hebbal-BIAL route.

Those who have been to the airport recently, please update me on the toll collection at the trumpet interchange at flyover.
Is there a deviation i have to take just before the toll booth to get onto the airport entry ramp? Wikimapia seems to suggest so.

What is the toll charge?

Thanks!
Toll is Rs.25 or 30 if I recall. You needn't pay while going to the Airport. You need to pay while returning.

There is the 1st deviation just before the erstwhile toll while going to BIAL. However if you do miss, about 100 meters ahead, there is a second diversion on the left through which you can gain entry closer to the flyover. Watch out for traffic which is going on to the flyover directly from the 1st Deviation.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:54   #95
BHPian

I went to BIAL from Tumkur Road and I did not pay any Toll. The attendant gave me a slip, mentioning amount as 0 Rs. I do not know why.

All he said in Kannada was something like - "Local Vehiclaaa??" "Privateaa?". I nodded and thanked him for sparing my new Car.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
I went to BIAL from Tumkur Road and I did not pay any Toll. The attendant gave me a slip, mentioning amount as 0 Rs. I do not know why.

All he said in Kannada was something like - "Local Vehiclaaa??" "Privateaa?". I nodded and thanked him for sparing my new Car.
Trip to BIAL is not charged. They might charge while returning back from BIAL.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:41   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Trip to BIAL is not charged. They might charge while returning back from BIAL.
Not really. I returned back the toll slip on return and I was no charged a penny.
Old 4th December 2012, 10:42   #98
BHPian

Return back from BIAL to city is charged at 30/- bucks for private cars.
Road beyond the toll booth is pathetic. Who needs hills when you have the 'curvy' hebbal-BIAL route?

A rant on BIAL's location -- http://www.beingcynical.com/2012/12/...ankruptcy.html
Old 4th December 2012, 11:43   #99
BHPian

Wonder why they charge toll on a road thats not even ready. Half the road is made up of deviations and there is total mayham for most of the way. Toll should be charged on roads tat are ready. Basically what we are doing here is providing finance to the company that is building the toll road.
Old 4th December 2012, 14:40   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Wonder why they charge toll on a road thats not even ready. Half the road is made up of deviations and there is total mayham for most of the way. Toll should be charged on roads tat are ready. Basically what we are doing here is providing finance to the company that is building the toll road.
Totally agreed! Paid 30 bucks for using a road that is not worth a single penny. I don't understand how can they charge when the road is not completed? Isn't this loot?
The construction equipments (paint boxes, some tool boxes etc) are just lying on the road! There was a huge rock right before a diversion which could have really proved fatal
Old 22nd December 2012, 13:19   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Totally agreed! Paid 30 bucks for using a road that is not worth a single penny. I don't understand how can they charge when the road is not completed? Isn't this loot?
It is loot. Recently I drove to Belgaum on NH4. From Tumkur to Chitradurga lot of work is going on and one has to take a lot of deviations. Yet one has to pay toll at the toll booths. This is not not done! When we pay toll we expect a smooth ride. There is no alternate road either. I am sure the court will put a stay on the toll collection if somebody pursues it. But who cares, right? We'd rather pay the 30 odd bucks and move on with our lives.
Old 30th December 2012, 17:16   #102
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea of when the projects on BIAL road are expected to complete ??
It really is disappointing having to ferry first-time visitors to Bangalore through all the deviations and blocked roads.
Old 30th December 2012, 22:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

Money is just looted as toll for roads which are in tatters, don't understand why is this done and there is no protest over it.
Old 30th December 2012, 22:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Money is just looted as toll for roads which are in tatters, don't understand why is this done and there is no protest over it.
Absolutely.
I refused to pay the last time i went to the airport, and as i don't know Kannada and the guy in the counter was not able to speak in hindi or english, so as a result there was a queue behind me, so didn't take the mater any further so paid and moved on.
But next time , i will make sure that i take this up with any one of the in-charge over there .
Why should we pay for traveling in those crap roads .
Once its complete and helps in the reducing the travel time to airport , then i would be more than happy to pay the toll.

Cheers
Old 31st December 2012, 10:34   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Does anyone have an idea of when the projects on BIAL road are expected to complete ??
It really is disappointing having to ferry first-time visitors to Bangalore through all the deviations and blocked roads.
The schedule for completion is May 2013. As of now, the project is on track and should be complete by then.

But, have also heard rumors that once the work is complete, the toll charge is likely to be increased to 50 bucks from the current 30 bucks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks