Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:30   #121
BHPian

Re: Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road

OK so why is there no PIL against this 'scam' then? We Bangaloreans are too busy to care?
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:11   #122
BHPian

Cabbie charged me Rs 115 extra on top of the fare, for going to the airport. I noticed, he did NOT pay at the booth, and said he will have to pay on return. We argued with him, but he said, please discuss with company, we cant do anything. The cab company also said teh same.

Our point: Wont the cabbie charge the passenger from airport to the city, another 75 Rs at least, and pocket the Rs 115? Or am I missing something here?
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Cabbie charged me Rs 115 extra on top of the fare, for going to the airport. I noticed, he did NOT pay at the booth, and said he will have to pay on return. We argued with him, but he said, please discuss with company, we cant do anything. The cab company also said teh same.
This is a clear fraud!
When he returns from the Airport with another passenger, he will again collect Rs.115 from that passenger! He will pocket the extra Rs.115...

Taxi companies have conveniently dumped the exorbitant toll charges on the passenger, to be fair on both the parties they could have borne 50% of the charges.
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:54   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post

Our point: Wont the cabbie charge the passenger from airport to the city, another 75 Rs at least, and pocket the Rs 115? Or am I missing something here?
Which Taxi company is this? Please send them an email to their customer care.
I will avoid them for sure.
Old 2nd June 2014, 18:14   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
This is a clear fraud!
When he returns from the Airport with another passenger, he will again collect Rs.115 from that passenger! He will pocket the extra Rs.115...
Why should the passenger coming to the city from the airport pay Rs. 115 if the driver did not pay the toll? If he were to stop, he would pay only Rs. 75, not 115. But if he didnt stop at all, why pay?
Old 12th June 2014, 10:33   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
OK so why is there no PIL against this 'scam' then? We Bangaloreans are too busy to care?
A PIL has been filed in the Karnataka High court against the hike.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle6091283.ece

The toll should be applicable only for those using the elevated highway - why toll even those who want to use the road beneath ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th June 2014 at 10:39.
Old 12th June 2014, 15:43   #127
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
The toll should be applicable only for those using the elevated highway - why toll even those who want to use the road beneath ?
To implement this, the toll plaza needs to be moved out further so that it is on one end of the elevated road. The current location will not allow for this since toll plaza is located after the elevated road and the road below merge!
Old 16th June 2014, 17:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
Why should the passenger coming to the city from the airport pay Rs. 115 if the driver did not pay the toll? If he were to stop, he would pay only Rs. 75, not 115. But if he didn't stop at all, why pay?
I usually pay only one way for the toll, if the taxi guy argues, I'm firm that I can pay only for my journey and not his, and ask him to take a non toll alternative if he does not have a return passenger.

Again, this is in Chennai, and with reference to travel in Chennai Bypass road and OMR, which have non-toll alternatives.

I don't have experience with this Bangalore airport toll way, but the point is if there is an alternative road, you can refuse to pay the return fares.

Same happened to me in the Toll towards delhi airport (don't know exact toll name), and i paid only one way, and in the NCR express way the taxi guy paid for both ways and collected one way charges from me.
Old 29th March 2015, 20:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

In other news, saw an intimation in the papers today that the toll on KIAL from the city to the airport will now be Rs.80/- per trip. You can buy a return journey for Rs.120/-, provided the trip is completed within 24 hours. The date of implementation is 1st April 2015.

If I understand this correctly, now I will end up paying Rs.160/- if I choose to self drive and park long term at the airport. This is about a 28% jump over the earlier Rs.115/- toll I paid when returning from the airport, since my outstation trips invariably last for more than 24 hours..

Don't think Meru or Ola or the other cab aggregators will be affected too much, since they were charging Rs.75/- per trip anyway.

Last edited by hrman : 29th March 2015 at 20:18.
Old 2nd April 2015, 16:06   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
In other news, saw an intimation in the papers today that the toll on KIAL from the city to the airport will now be Rs.80/- per trip. You can buy a return journey for Rs.120/-, provided the trip is completed within 24 hours. The date of implementation is 1st April 2015.

If I understand this correctly, now I will end up paying Rs.160/- if I choose to self drive and park long term at the airport. This is about a 28% jump over the earlier Rs.115/- toll I paid when returning from the airport, since my outstation trips invariably last for more than 24 hours..

Don't think Meru or Ola or the other cab aggregators will be affected too much, since they were charging Rs.75/- per trip anyway.
You will pay Rs. 120 instead of the Rs 115 you were paying earlier. While going to the KIAL there is no toll booth, on the return you are charged a 2 way rate of Rs 120 .It does not matter if your return journey is more than 24 hrs after your outgoing journey.
As far as the taxi operators are concerned they will now charge Rs 80 instead of Rs 75 which they were charging earlier for a one way trip.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:36   #131
BHPian

Karnataka Government has decided to impose toll on some of the state highway stretches that criss-cross Karnataka.

Source : Bangalore Mirror
Old 4th July 2015, 19:09   #132
BHPian

I also suffered this toll gate scam in June 2014. The taxi company was Akbar Travels. They charged me 750 bucks plus 115 bucks toll fees from Bangalore Airport to Sadanahalli gate. They are running a big scam
Old 29th March 2017, 08:33   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Tol fare revision from April 1, 2017:

Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-20170329-08.31.33.jpg
Old 18th February 2018, 13:00   #134
BHPian

Took a cab from the airport .driver gave a bill and then added gst.is this the norm now in Bangalore. Toll was charged and bill given to me
Old 5th March 2018, 19:12   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

NHAI to start one way toll while going towards KIAL now. Please budget 15 minutes extra during peak times!

Further, I think there will be a terrible jam at the first roundabout inside KIAL, as many people will start taking the new 'free' road to not only save money but to also beat the bottleneck at the Bellary Road Sadahalli toll.

ONE-WAY TOLL: GET SET TO QUEUE UP ON THE WAY TO BENGALURU AIRPORT
http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.co...w/63161642.cms

Commuters will pay Rs 80 as one-way toll, and Rs 125 for the day pass. Road users fear the one-way toll collection may lead to severe traffic jams.

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th March 2018 at 19:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks