Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 18:29   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: Driving Licence renewal woes - Medical fitness certificate required!

My MP-issued driving license is coming up for renewal soon. It would usually be a breeze as MP RTO works quick and hassle-free, but my parents are moving states so I no longer have access to my permanent address listed on the DL.

What's the procedure to renew an out-of-state issued license in Karnataka? I'd prefer to do it myself but given our notorious RTOs, I'll bite the bullet and hire an agent if I really have to.

Appreciate any pointers.
Old 6th June 2022, 19:29   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Thanks for the information.

Better to be safe than sorry. I guess I'll carry the Aadhaar card copy along with photographs. And of course, all the printouts generated whilst applying for the renewal online.

As regards the medical certificate, prior to applying online, I had downloaded a blank form that I got certified by a doctor. I had uploaded a scanned copy of this certificate with my application and will carry the original with me. Or do you think I need to get the downloaded form with the printed photo certified too?

I'm hopeful that like you, I too will be able to complete the process quickly. Actually, from my experience five years ago when I applied at the RTO, the biggest bottleneck is the payment counter. The server is extremely slow.
Yes, I think it would be wise to get the downloaded form with photo to get certified as well. You never know what those guys would want.

All the best, Zezé!
Old 6th June 2022, 19:50   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs1951 View Post
Yes, I think it would be wise to get the downloaded form with photo to get certified as well. You never know what those guys would want..............
Good advise. You never know and then I may be scampering about finding a doctor.

Btw, did you need the photographs? Or was the digitally printed pic sufficient?
Old 7th June 2022, 07:31   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Good advise. You never know and then I may be scampering about finding a doctor.

Btw, did you need the photographs? Or was the digitally printed pic sufficient?
I had carried a few photographs but I don't remember if they actually took any.
Old 7th June 2022, 08:08   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
My MP-issued driving license is coming up for renewal soon. It would usually be a breeze as MP RTO works quick and hassle-free, but my parents are moving states so I no longer have access to my permanent address listed on the DL.

What's the procedure to renew an out-of-state issued license in Karnataka? I'd prefer to do it myself but given our notorious RTOs, I'll bite the bullet and hire an agent if I really have to.

Appreciate any pointers.
I had similar issues when my license expired last year in Delhi. I applied for online renewal and got the license delivered at the same address. I collected the license last month from the address. If you do not have any contact at that address, you can still use online version on parivahan or digilocker.

Agents and RTO officer in Hyderabad RTO said that outside RTO renewal in Hyderabad is not possible.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 7th June 2022 at 08:11.
Old 7th June 2022, 09:24   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Agents and RTO officer in Hyderabad RTO said that outside RTO renewal in Hyderabad is not possible.
Precisely the reason that I have to renew my license in Mumbai.

Regarding Digilocker, is uploading Aadhaar a necessary precondition to using the app?
Old 12th June 2022, 10:03   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Precisely the reason that I have to renew my license in Mumbai.

Regarding Digilocker, is uploading Aadhaar a necessary precondition to using the app?
There are many states now which accept license renewals of other states. As I understand, Maharastra RTO is one. When you apply online, it provides you the option of transfer. Only hiccup - Licenses issued long back, say 5+ years are not yet on the system and only the physical process viz NOC, etc will apply. You could check out on their website if your current DL is showing up on the system.
Old 14th June 2022, 11:53   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
There are many states now which accept license renewals of other states. As I understand, Maharastra RTO is one............
...................You could check out on their website if your current DL is showing up on the system.
Actually, I have a Maharashtra license that I wanted to transfer to Telangana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs1951 View Post
I had carried a few photographs but I don't remember if they actually took any.
Yesterday, when I was in Mumbai I visited the RTO 02 at Versova. Reached the place around ten minutes before the slot commencement time of 10.00 am and was 2nd in the queue.

A few minutes after ten the window opened, which was a pleasant surprise. The first person in the queue submitted his papers and was summarily dismissed because he didn't have a printout of the application slip and the appliction form. Guess he isn't a member of Team BHP so he wasn't aware of the way the RTO works

When it was my turn, I handed him a plastic folder with printouts of all the documents, viz slot booking slip, application reference slip, application form 2, payment receipt forms etc downloaded at the time of the applying on line plus the Original Medical certificate a scanned copy of which had been uploaded and passport photographs.

He returned a copy of the receipt, photos and Form 1 and asked for the original DL. After checking the same, he noted my mobile number on the application and told me that the renewed license would be received after a month.

Initially, I misunderstood and thought I had to go back after a month but then realised that the license would be sent after a month. I was somewhat nonplussed as I was expecting to have to go for the bio-metrics, i.e. digital photo.

I asked for some acknowledgement but he said that a copy of the receipt would suffice as a temporary DL till I received the renewed card. The entire exercise took less that three minutes.

As I am in the process of writing this post, I have received a text message stating "Your application 212XXXXX22 for RENEWAL of DL verified successfully."

Thanks to all the great folks on this forum who shared their experiences and rrs1951 in particular, I was able to successfully complete the process of applying for the renewal of the DL in record time with almost no hassles.
Zezé is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 11:26   #189
BHPian

Driving license dilemma

Hello,

Mod: Please move my thread in case I posted in different section. I wasn't sure which category would be appropriate for this query. ( I have also searched for threads but couldn't find a relevant recent thread).

Situation:
I hold a valid "MCWG" license from State of Gujarat. It was made 5 years back and I can locate it's detail in https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
I however don't stay in GUJ anymore and I don't have my residence there either.

I currently stay in Delhi and have few valid residence proof for current residence. I want to now obtain a LMV license for driving "4" non-commercial 4 wheelers however I am unable to figure out the legal and easy route for it.

My questions.
-Do I need to apply for a fresh DL (which includes learner's for both LVM/MCWG ?) ?
-Can I apply for DL for just the LMV from Delhi RTO ? However, this way I will end up with LMV license from Delhi and MCWG license from Gujarat, which I don't know if legally accepted.
-Is there any way to surrender Driving License without visiting the RTO ?
-When I try to use the change DL address in Saarthi website, it says online services aren't available for the Delhi zone.

Any suggestions on this which is legally correct would be very much accepted.
Old 12th July 2022, 13:47   #190
BHPian

Quote:
.................He returned a copy of the receipt, photos and Form 1 and asked for the original DL. After checking the same, he noted my mobile number on the application and told me that the renewed license would be received after a month................

............As I am in the process of writing this post, I have received a text message stating "Your application 212XXXXX22 for RENEWAL of DL verified successfully."................
To continue, three days later on 17 June 2022, I received another text message stating "Your Application 212XXXX22 for Services on Driving License is Approved".

Now it's a month since I submitted the required documents in person at RTO II Mumbai but I have not received any further messages or notifications regarding the dispatch of the DL.

Yesterday, I checked the Vaahan site and the status continued to remain the same. viz. after printing the DL would be sent to the address shown.

Any suggestion as to whom I can contact to ascertain the reason for the delay.
Old 14th December 2022, 19:35   #191
BHPian

Quote:

plus the Original Medical certificate, a scanned copy of which had been uploaded and passport photographs.

My license is up for renewal, and I'm supposed to submit a form 1a.

Is any MBBS doctor eligible to issue a medical certificate?

As per this article only doctors who have registered can issue the certificate and the article also says only 46 doctors registered in Mumbai.

So did you get your certificate from one of these doctors? and any idea where i can get the list of doctors registered with the RTO?

Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 12:29   #192
BHPian

[quote=nova9;5457153] ...........

Is any MBBS doctor eligible to issue a medical certificate? ...........

/[quote]

Sorry for the delay, but since its been a while since I applied I needed to check the scanned copy of Form 1A to confirm that any doctor with an MBBS qualification is eligible to issue the medical certificate.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 10:00   #193
BHPian

I am going through the ordeal of license renewal - mainly that of getting the medical certificate:

The form 1A (medical certificate) says this:

[To be filled in by a registered medical practitioner appointed for the purpose by the State Government or person authorised in this behalf by the State Government referred to under sub section (3) of section 8]

Per the following article of Aug 2020 only "RTO Certified Doctors" can issue medical certificates:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/85469712.cms

The article also says the doctors themselves will upload the medical certificates. (Not even by any stretch of imagination, I can see them doing that!)

This page indeed gives a list of RTO approved doctors:
https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...ctorsReport.do

And can you imagine MH 01 (Mumbai) has got how many approved doctors? A whopping 7 (yes, single digit seven). One should say MH12 (Pune) is far better with as many as 20 doctors!

I think the whole process is in shambles as of now.

Till a few years back any private practitioner could issue the fitness certificate. And why not, they are registered and permitted to practice under the law. Their prescriptions are valid at a pharmacy shop. And if the govt thinks, they can be bogus, they are a threat to public health anyway. So is the govt going to start yet another registration to allow only "approved" doctors whose prescriptions are to be accepted by the pharmacists?

PS: I got further inquisitive and checked the relevant section

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/10456464/
The footnote says:

[Provided that no such medical certificate is required for licence to drive a vehicle other than a transport vehicle.]

Does it mean for non-transport license medical certificate is NOT required?

Last edited by mayuresh : 15th April 2023 at 10:16.
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 16:17   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I am going through the ordeal of license renewal - mainly that of getting the medical certificate:
Further, after uploading the medical certificate and paying the fees, I am trying to book an appointment, though so called "verification code" is just not appearing on my mobile or email after several attempts.

This page simply advises to go the RTO office if you don't receive verification code, which is what I'll do now. But wonder if the appointment system is functional at all. What's the use of making these systems if they are not useful to the public. Passports, for one, uses appointment system quite effectively to everybody's benefit.

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...ng-appointment
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 20:23   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
What's the use of making these systems if they are not useful to the public. Passports, for one, uses appointment system quite effectively to everybody's benefit.
Maybe if they also contracted it out to a private company like TCS this too would function as expected. But then how would the speed grease industry work?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks