Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2023, 23:57   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving Licence renewal woes - Medical fitness certificate required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Further, after uploading the medical certificate and paying the fees, I am trying to book an appointment, though so called "verification code" is just not appearing on my mobile or email after several attempts.
I would suggest you to approach a known Driving School in your locality and ask them to renew the license.

They would know the process and get the work done for a fee.

Its not worth spending your quality time testing poorly designed govt website and their way of working.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 03:29   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
My license is up for renewal, and I'm supposed to submit a form 1a.

Is any MBBS doctor eligible to issue a medical certificate?

As per this article only doctors who have registered can issue the certificate and the article also says only 46 doctors registered in Mumbai.

So did you get your certificate from one of these doctors? and any idea where i can get the list of doctors registered with the RTO?

Thanks

UPDATE

Sorry for the late update. I got a medical certificate from my regular doc and a eye test certificate from my ophthalmologist. They have never applied for empanelment with the RTO.

Uploaded them and waited....

25 days prior to my license expiry i got an SMS saying that they will be dispatching the license in a weeks' time.

I received my renewed license at the end of the week.

So, in conclusion the system, at least with Tardeo RTO Mumbai works!
Old 23rd April 2023, 08:51   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
This page simply advises to go the RTO office if you don't receive verification code, which is what I'll do now.
Surprisingly the visit at RTO office turned out to be a good experience. An officer checked the documents, gave a stamp on the receipt (which I suppose I can carry as an evidence of renewal being under process) and I was out of the office in just 5 minutes.

However, nothing has moved in the system in a week after that. The status of the application is still "scrutiny of documents" which was done in front of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
I got a medical certificate from my regular doc and a eye test certificate from my ophthalmologist. They have never applied for empanelment with the RTO.

25 days prior to my license expiry i got an SMS saying that they will be dispatching the license in a weeks' time.
I went to empaneled doctor as per RTO website. The scrutinizing officer did check the stamp of the doctor on the certificate. It's unclear whether he remembered all 20 names or he didn't check that aspect at all. He at least did not tally the doctor's name with any list at his end. So this remains unclear.

My license has already expired and the status in the system is not moving even after submitting the documents in person.
Old 27th May 2023, 08:10   #199
BHPian

This is for the Bangalore folks so they don't waste their time, I literally went through the entire list of RTO zones to see if there are any doctors registered officially on the sarathi portal but as of this post, there are none.

For now I ended up submitting my med certificate signed by a doc from Bowring Hospital (Gov. Hospital). I don't know yet if it'll be approved but I'll update this post if it does.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 10:17   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
This is for the Bangalore folks so they don't waste their time, I literally went through the entire list of RTO zones to see if there are any doctors registered officially on the sarathi portal but as of this post, there are none.

For now I ended up submitting my med certificate signed by a doc from Bowring Hospital (Gov. Hospital). I don't know yet if it'll be approved but I'll update this post if it does.
+1. Its better to get the certificate from a nearby government hospital and primary health center. Primary health centers at 11am midweek are ideal for getting the certificate. Need to take some government id for verification. It has worked atleast in 20 instances for near and dear.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 21:13   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
It should. For jayanagar RTO, people throng the nearby 'Jayanagar General Hospital'. I have done once, no issues.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 21:43   #202

Dear JMaruru, How did it cost you at 'Jayanagar General Hospital'?
What tests did they do?
Old 2nd August 2023, 07:11   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanamc View Post
Dear JMaruru, How did it cost you at 'Jayanagar General Hospital'?
What tests did they do?
I think, I paid a 100 note. I am NOT sure.
No tests. She just looked at me, asked few questions and signed the papers.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks