Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 08:52   #166
BHPian

Re: Driving Licence renewal woes - Medical fitness certificate required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Thanks to Jaguar, I collected all information from him before visiting RTO Jayanagar today and went at 10 AM although my appointment was at 11:15 am.

There were none in the counter (Counter number 11)and I was the first. A clerk came at 10:30 sharp (Timings mentioned on the Board was Saturday 10 AM to 12 noon).

But once he started working, it was a cake walk for me. He just collected the file, verified the following documents

Original DL
Medical certificate
Acknowledgement of online Application Receipt
Online Payment Receipt

Immediately, he signed and put acknowledgement seal on another copy of acknowledgement and asked me to go to photo section(counter number 13). This took exactly ONE MINUTE

Went to photography section and I was the first one even here. Person over there collected 60 Rs fee for card printing, took my photograph and signature (They call it biometric) and gave receipt for 60 Rs. This process took just TWO MINUTES

AND I WAS DONE WITH ALL THE ACTIVITIES WITHIN 3 MINUTES OVERALL.

When I returned home, it was 10:50 AM.

So, I could complete entire process in 3 minutes today. So happy to say that I had divine experience in RTO Jayanagar, Bangalore, today.

And they told it would take 1 month for renewed DL to reach my home.
Just wondering, where did you get medical certificate and what is process / procedure for it..
Old 15th September 2021, 11:17   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
Just wondering, where did you get medical certificate and what is process / procedure for it..
Please go to 'Jayanagar Hospital' near the RTO and there would be doctor always in the OPD. I think it is room# 42 in the old building. I got this done within 5 mins during an afternoon. You should carry the filled in medical certificate form and present the same with the doctor.

Last edited by JMaruru : 15th September 2021 at 11:19.
Old 15th September 2021, 12:01   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
When I enquired in Bengaluru Central (KA-01) RTO, the person said it has to be from a Government Doctor. I visited at least 5 BBMP Primary Health Care (PHC) Centres. The doctor is not found. The clinics are managed by nursing staff / Anganwadi workers. The standard answer is : Doctor has gone for a meeting. I tried on two different days. Looks like the doctor will never be found in the PHC. Can anyone suggest where I can get the Medical Fitness Certificate Signed nearby Whitefield area in Bengaluru?
You can visit Marathahalli PHC on weekdays before 1 PM with identification documents and filled forms. Usually the staff are courteous and the PHC is less crowded.

https://goo.gl/maps/AkJtZFb2VB65NVJUA

Last edited by aadya : 15th September 2021 at 12:01. Reason: additional info
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:31   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
You can visit Marathahalli PHC on weekdays before 1 PM with identification documents and filled forms. Usually the staff are courteous and the PHC is less crowded.

https://goo.gl/maps/AkJtZFb2VB65NVJUA
Many thanks for this tip aadya. I was able to get the medical fitness certificate from the Marathahalli PHC in less than a minute. This was the 5th PHC I visited, and the first one where I found the doctor on duty. Previous failed attempts were at Agara (HSR), Immadihalli, Varthur, Siddapura where I could not find a doctor on duty.

A week ago I got my 2001 license entered in the Sarathi/Parivahan system by submitting the request for deduplication at HSR (KA-01) RTO. Next step is to apply for online renewal, now that I have got the Form 1A (Medical fitness certificate).
Old 15th September 2021, 16:02   #170
BHPian

I'm stuck at this point in my online renewal application (When uploading the pictures)

Quote:
Specifications of Scanned Photo & Signature
1) Photo Dimensions - Width:35mm/1.4 inches (minimum of 420 pixels) , Height: 45mm/1.75 inches (minimum of 525 pixels) , Width X Height - 420 x 525 pixels (preferred).
2) Signature Dimensions - Width 256 pixels x Height 64 pixels , Width 1.4" /3.5cm X Height 0.44"/1.06cm (preferred).
3) Size of Both These files should be between 10kb - 20kb.
4) Allowed File Types Are- JPEG/JPG/jpeg/jpg.

Warning: Please upload a clear passport size photograph & signature, required for printing on Licence. In case of failure, the application may get rejected by the RTO & will require a fresh process.
How in the world can I have a clear photo with these many pixels (420x525) and 20 KB size ?
Old 15th September 2021, 17:49   #171
BHPian

My license is due for renewal and as I have two separate DLs (One for 2 wheeler and another for 4 wheeler - this was DL school created mess 20 years back), the agent suggested me to go for new DL. So I will get new LL and DL now for 2 wheeler clubbed with 4 wheeler DL. For the medical certificate, the agent (Driving school) mentioned that there are no doctors in Govt hospital and I can get it from any KMC (in Karnataka) certified doctor. She said I can fill the form and she will get it done from doctor herself . 'have filled the form and given to her - let me see.
Old 15th September 2021, 18:41   #172
BANNED

I am going to renew my DL this Saturday (collect form 1A medical from RTO Kasturi Nagar i.e). I have kept a separate 2W DL from MH also expired during lockdown, while I obtained a 4W DL from KA long back. Should I display my MH 2W DL and ask them to endorse/renew it on the new DL for a combined 2W+4W DL? Or will they haul me up for an illegality?
What if I claim I stopped using it and did not drive a 2W vehicle all these years?

Last edited by Ragul : 15th September 2021 at 18:42.
Old 15th September 2021, 18:59   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I am going to renew my DL this Saturday (collect form 1A medical from RTO Kasturi Nagar i.e). I have kept a separate 2W DL from MH also expired during lockdown, while I obtained a 4W DL from KA long back. Should I display my MH 2W DL and ask them to endorse/renew it on the new DL for a combined 2W+4W DL? Or will they haul me up for an illegality?
What if I claim I stopped using it and did not drive a 2W vehicle all these years?
Having two licenses is not legal. As mentioned in the previous post, I have two - one for 2 wheeler and another for 4 wheeler. The rule says the one obtained later will be cancelled, if detected. My 2 wheeler license, done 20 years back was done after my 4 wheeler license and was in book form. The agent asked me to port it for renewal but later suggested it would be hassle as it needs to be done in RTO where it was done (MH in your case) but again the RTO needs to be "explained" why there were two licenses. Instead she suggested me to go for fresh license which I am getting done now.

L Board again after 20 years
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 10:02   #174
BHPian

I submitted the application for renewal of my Maharashtra driving license online on Saturday. Initially, there was a bit of hiccup to complete the fitness declaration i.e. Form 1. But after a couple of hours, I was able to do so without any further hitch.

Thereafter, the entire process was quite smooth and I was able to pay the renewal fees and book an appointment at MH-02 Versova for 13 June 2022. I am currently in Hyderabad and will be visiting Mumbai on that date.

I understand that I have to submit From 1A from a medical practitioner and my driving license. In this context, I would like to know whether the original of Form 1A should suffice or do I have to get the Form 1A generated by the system signed by a doctor?

Also, what other documents may be required at the time of visiting the Versova RTO? I am directing the question to those who are familiar with the working of this office.
Old 5th June 2022, 18:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post

I understand that I have to submit From 1A from a medical practitioner and my driving license. In this context, I would like to know whether the original of Form 1A should suffice or do I have to get the Form 1A generated by the system signed by a doctor?

Also, what other documents may be required at the time of visiting the Versova RTO? I am directing the question to those who are familiar with the working of this office.

I had renewed my DL in September 2021 online. I had downloaded the system generated Form 1A (with my old - and distorted - photograph on it), got ii printed and signed by my family doctor and uploaded it. I was given an appointment for physical verification of documents. I went there with all the documents, including the Form 1A which I had uploaded. The other documents were my old DL, Aadhaar Card copy, and RTO dos like Self Declaration, Receipt and Appointment Reference Slip. A few days later, my renewed DL came by SpeedPost.
Old 5th June 2022, 20:50   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs1951 View Post
I had renewed my DL in September 2021 online. ........
............ The other documents were my old DL, Aadhaar Card copy, and RTO dos like Self Declaration, Receipt and Appointment Reference Slip. A few days later, my renewed DL came by SpeedPost.
Is linking of Aadhaar with the driving license compulsory in Maharashtra? If so, I guess, I will have to carry a copy of the same with me, though I am loathe to share these details.

Besides the other documents mentioned by you, do also need to carry photographs to be affixed on the Form 2?

Last but not least, how long did the process take at the Versova RTO? Asking because I have to catch a flight later the day of my appointment.
Old 6th June 2022, 09:07   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Is linking of Aadhaar with the driving license compulsory in Maharashtra? If so, I guess, I will have to carry a copy of the same with me, though I am loathe to share these details.

Besides the other documents mentioned by you, do also need to carry photographs to be affixed on the Form 2?

Last but not least, how long did the process take at the Versova RTO? Asking because I have to catch a flight later the day of my appointment.
Aadhaar is only given as an identity and proof of address document.
Yes. I had carried a few photographs, too.
By the way, I had been to the Dahisar RTO, not Versoa. My experience was quite good. When I reached the Dahisar RTO, There was just one person ahead of me in the queue, and he had almost finished. The person manning the counter checked my documents, and returned what was not required (I had carried more documents than what was necessary, it seems). He said it would take 45 working days for the DL to arrive. Actually it took something like 20 days.
The whole process at the RTO took not more than 15 minutes.

Last edited by rrs1951 : 6th June 2022 at 09:33.
Old 6th June 2022, 11:34   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs1951 View Post
Aadhaar is only given as an identity and proof of address document.............

.............The whole process at the RTO took not more than 15 minutes.
Thanks for the information.

Better to be safe than sorry. I guess I'll carry the Aadhaar card copy along with photographs. And of course, all the printouts generated whilst applying for the renewal online.

As regards the medical certificate, prior to applying online, I had downloaded a blank form that I got certified by a doctor. I had uploaded a scanned copy of this certificate with my application and will carry the original with me. Or do you think I need to get the downloaded form with the printed photo certified too?

I'm hopeful that like you, I too will be able to complete the process quickly. Actually, from my experience five years ago when I applied at the RTO, the biggest bottleneck is the payment counter. The server is extremely slow.
Old 6th June 2022, 12:22   #179
BHPian

My DL is issued from Goa, has to be renewed soon, I have no connection with Goa anymore, don't live there, my hometown is in Kerala and I stay out of India, is it possible to renew the license online or better to get a new license from my hometown?
Old 6th June 2022, 15:09   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
My DL is issued from Goa, has to be renewed soon, I have no connection with Goa anymore, don't live there, my hometown is in Kerala and I stay out of India, is it possible to renew the license online or better to get a new license from my hometown?
As I discovered, renewing the license online only reduces the time you spend at the RTO submitting the application form and paying the renewal fees. You will have to visit the RTO one for submission of the driving license, medical certificate and the biometrics, viz digital photo and signature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks