Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 22:06   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving Licence renewal woes - Medical fitness certificate required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The fee payment failed for me and there is no option to retry the payment. Looks like I will have to start afresh
This is the biggest drawback of the current system. If the payment fails, we need to enter everything once again and system allows re-entry only after some 30 mins or 1 hour. And there is no guarantee that it will go through next time.

We need to keep trying the payment multiple times and if we are lucky, it will go through.

The issue exists for all services offered online. But for an agent, I have seen it is very smooth process.

Not sure what is going in the background. Whether there are some hands which have created this issue deliberately to gain some illegal earnings.

Last edited by gkveda : 30th December 2020 at 22:08.
Old 31st December 2020, 09:59   #152
BHPian

My DL is going to expire towards the end of 2021. I still have the booklet and not the smart card. The address on the DL is different from my current address. In order to renew my DL, can you please suggest what all steps need to be followed?
Old 16th January 2021, 08:59   #153
Senior - BHPian

My DL is expiring in April. I filled the forms online and reached the stage for fee payment. As usual, Payment failed

Now, when I check payment status, it says "pending". This is the status since 3 days. I am not able to make new payment as well. Completely struck at this stage.

Not sure what should I do? Does it help if I go to RTO directly and ask them to collect payment in their counter? Will they accept or will they ask any proof to show that I am not able to make payment?
Old 16th January 2021, 10:53   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

Not sure what should I do? Does it help if I go to RTO directly and ask them to collect payment in their counter? Will they accept or will they ask any proof to show that I am not able to make payment?
RTO would have payment counter where you can pay, though it is usually with long queues ( atleast pre-covid times, not sure how it looks now)
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 12:11   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
My DL is going to expire towards the end of 2021. I still have the booklet and not the smart card. The address on the DL is different from my current address. In order to renew my DL, can you please suggest what all steps need to be followed?
I followed the old fashioned method of paying an agent from outside the rto. Saves a lot of time!
For change of address I think aadhar card should be enough as proof.
Old 4th February 2021, 16:03   #156
Senior - BHPian

So, I have submitted online application for DL renewal and have booked a slot for day after tomorrow. Was not able to pay money online with more than 50-60 attempts. Have taken advice from here and will go to RTO to pay at counter.

Site says only documents required to submit are:
1. Medical certificate signed by medical officer(I have it)
2. DL(Original)

Both the soft copies are uploaded to site.
In addition, I have taken printout of
1. Time slot booked
2. Applications
3. Acknowledgement of application submission
4. 2 photos

Question is: should I take any other documents in addition to the above?

Please let me know

Last edited by gkveda : 4th February 2021 at 16:04.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 22:18   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, I have submitted online application for DL renewal and have booked a slot for day after tomorrow. Was not able to pay money online with more than 50-60 attempts. Have taken advice from here and will go to RTO to pay at counter.

Site says only documents required to submit are:
1. Medical certificate signed by medical officer(I have it)
2. DL(Original)

Both the soft copies are uploaded to site.
In addition, I have taken printout of
1. Time slot booked
2. Applications
3. Acknowledgement of application submission
4. 2 photos

Question is: should I take any other documents in addition to the above?

Please let me know
I have taken an appointment with Koramangala RTO tomorrow. Had filled the form sometime last month and gave up because of the payment issue. Tried today using Edge and it went through. Upon successful payment (confirmed by CC SMS), I got an access denied message (this is how it works as per a friend). However, the payment was reflecting on the payment status page.

In my case, it is a KL license, so I am carrying address proof (and copy) as well.

A friend has told me to carry two copies of the payment acknowledgment as well. One will be retained by the RTO and the other will be returned with a seal. This will be your DL renewal acknowledgment after you surrender your old DL.

Additionally, one needs to buy a folder and envelope to submit the form. This should be available at one of the shops near the RTO.

Will let you know if anything else is required tomorrow.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 09:45   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Tried today using Edge and it went through. Upon successful payment (confirmed by CC SMS), I got an access denied message (this is how it works as per a friend). However, the payment was reflecting on the payment status page..

Will let you know if anything else is required tomorrow.
Thank you very much for this information. After seeing this message, I thought the payment goes through only previous day of appointment, and tried paying today.

Surprisingly, the payment went through butter smooth and got SMS as well.

Got access denied message. When I directly tried printing the receipt, I saw "PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED" message.

So, I tried view payment status and could see payment was in "paid" state

I could take the print out as well

So, the logic I learnt is "PAYMENT GOES THROUGH ONLY THE PREVIOUS DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT ONLY"

Again thank you for your input. Will carry all documents and folder as mentioned by you. Will also wait for your additional inputs after your successful submission at RTO today.

Last edited by gkveda : 5th February 2021 at 09:48.
Old 5th February 2021, 21:26   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, the logic I learnt is "PAYMENT GOES THROUGH ONLY THE PREVIOUS DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT ONLY"

Again thank you for your input. Will carry all documents and folder as mentioned by you. Will also wait for your additional inputs after your successful submission at RTO today.
Don't think that is true. I booked the appointment only after the payment went through. Maybe we got lucky and the payment gateway was working yesterday.

I managed to submit my application at Koramangala RTO, albeit with some retarded behavior of the RTO staff.

The appointment time was between 2:30 and 3:30 pm. I reached on time and found my way to the lone counter with a queue in the room marked for DL services. One lady ensured all documents are present and directed everyone to go get the applications verified by the officer in the next room. But he was nowhere to be seen and some 30 odd people were waiting. Finally he arrived at around 3:15.

There was a mad rush to form a queue, social distancing be dammed. I managed to find a spot somewhere in the middle. There was a peon (or agent, not sure), with no mask, inside the cabin, who was taking the applications from the people and handing over to the officer. The applications by the "well dressed" (read self) people were scrutinized while the others, seemingly from agents were signed immediately. Since mine was an out of state license, the officer asked me to step aside while continuing to verify the documents of others. Another lady was also sidelined along with me. Once all the people in the queue were done, the peon asked both of us to wait outside. A couple of min later, he asked us to get our photos taken and return back, while the others were to move to a different counter. So basically, we lost our position in the queue for nothing.

Post the photo session, our forms were taken into the officer's room and our wait continued. After losing our patience, we asked the peon for a status and he directed us to go check with the officer directly. Inside the cabin, our forms were lying on the side while the officer was busy gossiping with an agent about fancy numbers. He asked another lady clerk to check something and finally signed our forms with some comment about additional checking. Before letting us go, he informed that out of state license cases will get delayed and we shouldn't pester the office for status updates. On asking how much time, he replied months

Back at the next counter, the clerk behaved as if she was seeing the out of state license comment for the first time, and passed on the forms to another guy for some more verification only to be returned back saying out of state. Luckily another lady nearby asked them to just accept the forms as is.
When I asked for an acknowledgement, they said there will be none and I will get some SMS. On asking what will I show if some cops catch, another agent standing nearby asked me to just take a pic of the form with the sign and seal for my satisfaction.

The total fees came to around Rs. 650 wheres an agent quoted Rs. 6500. So I saved 90% for a bit of inconvenience. I just hope the renewal process goes through.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 11:33   #160
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Jaguar, I collected all information from him before visiting RTO Jayanagar today and went at 10 AM although my appointment was at 11:15 am.

There were none in the counter (Counter number 11)and I was the first. A clerk came at 10:30 sharp (Timings mentioned on the Board was Saturday 10 AM to 12 noon).

But once he started working, it was a cake walk for me. He just collected the file, verified the following documents

Original DL
Medical certificate
Acknowledgement of online Application Receipt
Online Payment Receipt

Immediately, he signed and put acknowledgement seal on another copy of acknowledgement and asked me to go to photo section(counter number 13). This took exactly ONE MINUTE

Went to photography section and I was the first one even here. Person over there collected 60 Rs fee for card printing, took my photograph and signature (They call it biometric) and gave receipt for 60 Rs. This process took just TWO MINUTES

AND I WAS DONE WITH ALL THE ACTIVITIES WITHIN 3 MINUTES OVERALL.

When I returned home, it was 10:50 AM.

So, I could complete entire process in 3 minutes today. So happy to say that I had divine experience in RTO Jayanagar, Bangalore, today.

And they told it would take 1 month for renewed DL to reach my home.

Last edited by gkveda : 6th February 2021 at 11:37.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 13:43   #161
BHPian

I need to renew my Driving license in PCMC (Pune) RTO but I am stuck at document upload stage due to want of medical certificate. I visited RTO recently but it was desolate due to the lockdown. The rules are a bit confusing. The last I did from my wife was from a (supposedly) doctor at RTO. He took 40/- and the whole thing took barely 10 min. Just want to be sure to avoid any rejections/complications later. Some pointers would help.
Old 20th May 2021, 22:25   #162

Looks like I am not alone.

My license expires on 25/Aug/2021

I tried filling details on-line; in vain.

The address on my driving license (Mumbai) & the one that is now my permanent address (Thane) are different & the MH govt license renewal website seems to be completely jacked-up in handling this scenario.

I've tried several times, but have not been able to complete the above process, despite having the soft-copy of the medical fitness certificate & all other documents in-order as well.

Frustrating to say the least; especially when the Thane RTO has been closed for over a month now due to lockdown.
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:07   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq View Post
Looks like I am not alone.

My license expires on 25/Aug/2021

I tried filling details on-line; in vain.

The address on my driving license (Mumbai) & the one that is now my permanent address (Thane) are different & the MH govt license renewal website seems to be completely jacked-up in handling this scenario.

I've tried several times, but have not been able to complete the above process, despite having the soft-copy of the medical fitness certificate & all other documents in-order as well.

Frustrating to say the least; especially when the Thane RTO has been closed for over a month now due to lockdown.
Any idea if the medical certificate needs to be from a government doctor only or any MBBS registered practitioner? The rest of the process seems all online until setting up the appointment. Can you clarify where its getting stuck?
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:12   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
Any idea if the medical certificate needs to be from a government doctor only or any MBBS registered practitioner? The rest of the process seems all online until setting up the appointment. Can you clarify where its getting stuck?
Medical certificate needs to be from any MBBS doctor - that is not the problem.

The online application process for change of address/location from where I got my 1st license (Tardeo RTO) to the current one (Thane RTO) seems to be completely broken and just doesnt seem to work
Shaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 13:04   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq View Post
Medical certificate needs to be from any MBBS doctor - that is not the problem.

The online application process for change of address/location from where I got my 1st license (Tardeo RTO) to the current one (Thane RTO) seems to be completely broken and just doesnt seem to work
When I enquired in Bengaluru Central (KA-01) RTO, the person said it has to be from a Government Doctor. I visited at least 5 BBMP Primary Health Care (PHC) Centres. The doctor is not found. The clinics are managed by nursing staff / Anganwadi workers. The standard answer is : Doctor has gone for a meeting. I tried on two different days. Looks like the doctor will never be found in the PHC. Can anyone suggest where I can get the Medical Fitness Certificate Signed nearby Whitefield area in Bengaluru?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks