Team-BHP - Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/108860-top-gear-christmas-special-shooting-india-teaser-video-pg-16-a-14.html)

All our enthusiasm and idolization has paid off :Frustrati

Jeremy Clarkson worshipped as 'God' in India as he films Top Gear in Mumbai | Metro.co.uk

I am not quite sure if I like the title of this article. For me, Jezza is THE ABSOLUTE BEST Auto-Journalist in the world, a humorous person and a good happy-go-lucky human being. That's pretty much about it.

God? Please!

Quite shocked that westerners easily tend to misinterpret our ways of showing our affection. I am sure, its the media and not Clarkson.

And about Dippy's quote in the article, they took it to a whole different level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2540988)
All our enthusiasm and idolization has paid off :Frustrati

Jeremy Clarkson worshipped as 'God' in India as he films Top Gear in Mumbai | Metro.co.uk

I am not quite sure if I like the title of this article. For me, Jezza is THE ABSOLUTE BEST Auto-Journalist in the world, a humorous person and a good happy-go-lucky human being. That's pretty much about it.

God? Please!

Quite shocked that westerners easily tend to misinterpret our ways of showing our affection. I am sure, its the media and not Clarkson.

And about Dippy's quote in the article, they took it to a whole different level.

easy tiger!
:)
nothing so bad about the headline.
Is that what deepankar said?
if so, then the line's fine.
Just hope they havent twisted the comments to suit...

The best bit:
"...........in a Rolls-Royce, a Jaguar and a classic Mini, they found themselves being swamped by locals excited to see them and their quintessentially British cars....................."

yup...that's why we sold 'em off!

Say, these guys will be at the race or no?

Dippy's line is fine, he was in the moment. Even I being a hardcore TG fan would have ended up making such a statement, but I still stand by my words, call me weird but the title is plainly offensive.

As much as I would have absolutely loved to meet these three, I would also want to meet the Director of Photography (David Meadows I think?). I want to thank him for the absolutely gorgeous visuals that he treats our eyes to!

Damn.....
the raid from 11th Oct
Top Gear team in Himachal
and red-bull team on Khardung-La

Formula 1- A new high Red Bull Racing Show Car Run Khardung-La -- Motor Sports Videos -- Red Bull

I missed them all...... :Frustrati

Up-north guys! update please. Dirtydan sir! where are you sir when we need you most.

Where the hell is the TG team??? Guys from Shimla and beyond updates please!! I doubt they are taking part in the raid though,but surely they must be somewhere in the Himalayas.Are they trying to scale the Everest? Would it be a classic case of Topgear "How hard can it be" ? lol:

"Some Say he is a Lotus F1 driver. Jarno Trulli says he isn't! All we know is he's Karun Chandhok" lol:

Damn! Can hardly wait for this episode! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by esoticoreventon (Post 2544517)
"Some Say he is a Lotus F1 driver. Jarno Trulli says he isn't! All we know is he's Karun Chandhok"

Damn! Can hardly wait for this episode!

Sorry to break your bubble, the line you quoted is not from TopGear, but Clarkson's new DVD film called 'Powered Up'. Like the earlier ones like, Duel, The Italian Job etc :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2545094)
Sorry to break your bubble, the line you quoted is not from TopGear, but Clarkson's new DVD film called 'Powered Up'. Like the earlier ones like, Duel, The Italian Job etc :)

Yes Yes I know! Hence, the two Separate lines! First being in response to the trailer, and the second being in general! :D

Have you noticed how their DVDs are not as good as the TG show? There is something special when all three of them do a show together! But the DVDs lack something! Clarkson's DVDs are good, but not as good as the show itself! James May's On the moon was good though!

Why is this thread dead all of a sudden? :Frustrati

Does no one from Teambhp exist in Shimla/Himanchal?

I thought the place is famous for raids and rallies. Every day hundreds of enthusiasts could be found riding/driving towards Leh; the same route I assume TG trio is taking. Why is no one able to spot them till now then?

Some pictures of them in Rohtang Pass have been posted in another (gaming-related) forum The Official Top Gear Thread - IndianVideoGamer.com - Page 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw (Post 2548377)
Some pictures of them in Rohtang Pass have been posted in another (gaming-related) forum The Official Top Gear Thread - IndianVideoGamer.com - Page 17

Please post it here too. The mod were done in Raj Sir's garage

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 2549938)
Please post it here too. The mod were done in Raj Sir's garage

I've linked the thread in the post above, dont want to take someone else's pictures from another forum and post them here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw (Post 2550189)
I've linked the thread in the post above, dont want to take someone else's pictures from another forum and post them here.

Think you got him wrong, he didn't ask you to nick those pics from the thread, but just to post it here and give the source link along with the pics to account this thread's viewer-friendliness. Nothing offensive in that as long as you publish the source link with it.

I'll oblige then.

Source

All the cars, in true TopGear ishtyle, looks bashed up. The modifications for the Raid should include the off-road tyres and the protrusions from the engine bay. What looks like a huge violin to me on Hamseter's Mini, must be one of Jezza's thoughtful gifts during the trip as we've seen in some earlier specials too. I loved the mint looking Mini when it arrived at Mumbai, now its ruined, where did those gorgeous rims go? :(