Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2006, 22:19   #16
BHPian

This is really hard to believe although I sincerely hope it is true.

With only 50 being made each year, one finding its way to India is really amazing news.

If the identity is shared through PMs, does it still violate the forum policy?

The identity of the owner will be out (is already out as Maverick and so many others might know it) very soon, by PMing the identity it is not being disclosed in the open media (team-bhp.com is also a form of media), it is just like sharing it with a friend of yours.

Your thoughts?
Old 17th March 2006, 22:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Whoa. I cant beleive it!!! a VEYRON!!!!!
Old 17th March 2006, 22:26   #18
BHPian

Being able to drive it to its potential is not the point in owning one.

e.g. In the U.S., the maximum speed limits on highways are 65 mph and in some states 75. Unless you own a track, you cannot pull even a C320 to its full potential. So regardless of where you live, you can "realize the supercar dream" only on a track.

I hope he builds a garage on stilts to avoid chances of "rain damage" as I read in other threads.
Old 17th March 2006, 22:27   #19
BHPian

Man, this is news but still Insane...now for sure India is gonna be tapped by the rest of the supercar manufacturers....But on a different note I guess all opular superbrands are available here right!!
Old 17th March 2006, 22:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
It it is true then it will be costing more than 10 Crores. Close to about 14 Cr.
not close to 14c but exactly 14c on road..considering it costs 1.2 mil euros...2.2 time gives you a 14cr figure..i am not suprised that the rich and famous can afford this in india..but the fact is someone bought it must be having some real hard connections with dawood..

I didnt know they started making RHD versions soo soon..

this is awesome news...i would love to know who it is? one of the industrialist..

if i was him i would have first created a ciruit and then gotten this car...anyways thats my dream to make a ciruit close to delhi and tie up with racing schools from US and Europe to offer classes and club membership for open track events..
Old 17th March 2006, 22:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news....But i doubt if the owner will be able to use all those BHP....
Old 17th March 2006, 22:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Thats great news....But i doubt if the owner will be able to use all those BHP....
ok i ask you, where on earth may be besides the unrestricted auto bahns can a person use the power anyways..

it was a senseless car to begin with..its made for those who want to distinguish themselves even in the ultra rich category..not for the enthusiasts..

CCX or the Zonda F is made for the enthusiasts cum rich boys who wanna show off

and cars like F50, F40, CGT, Apollo, S7 are made for true enthusiasts who dont care to hoots about any form of luxury and only need it for tracking..

Last edited by 1Day : 17th March 2006 at 22:41.
Old 17th March 2006, 22:43   #23
BHPian

Wow ....................... wow ............................ Let me think once more
Wow thats all i have to say on this news mav. that a awesome news.

I hope mods shall not and plz plz plz do not have any problems with the issue. I wanna see that car on indian roads.
BUt will it run on indian roads.

Too much of questions dude.
Old 17th March 2006, 22:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

omigosh!!!!! omigosh!!!!! omigosh!!!!! omigosh!!!!!
thats AMAZING!!!! A Veyron......

at last we have a "proper" supercar in India. I don't think there is any proper supercar.
Old 17th March 2006, 22:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Veyron has hardly any ground clearance. And our bumpy roads wont help the situation either. The only place we enthusiasts will get to see it is if it is displayed at some auto show like how the blue Gallardo was displayed at Delhi
Old 17th March 2006, 22:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon

at last we have a "proper" supercar in India. I don't think there is any proper supercar.
Murcielago is considered a proper supercar so we have those but i am with you not a really true exotic..i would have liked to see a pagani Zonda(since he does RHDs) on streets before the veyron..

HEY MAV, I SENT YOU A PM

Last edited by 1Day : 17th March 2006 at 22:57.
Old 17th March 2006, 22:57   #27
aZa
Senior - BHPian

omg now dats called "Breaking News" hope one of you mumbaities catch it on camera and post the pics for us
Old 17th March 2006, 23:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
ok i ask you, where on earth may be besides the unrestricted auto bahns can a person use the power anyways..
At least u can use more %age of all those horses safely outside india....I agree its a senseless car....its just a standout car..
Old 17th March 2006, 23:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon

Uhh Gordon I didnt quite get your statement of "proper" supercar. What are the Murcielago and the Viper? Budget sportscars?
Old 17th March 2006, 23:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

I can't believe I'm giving the old guys a competition on memory and remembering stuff.

The Murcielago is also a "proper" supercar.......how could I forget it.......but these (the Pagani's, Veyron's, Enzo's, Koenigsegg) cars are sort of more rare......

Most Viewed