Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 22:37   #571
BHPian

re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
^^ The red Murcielago that crashed was owned and driven by Spiderman if I'm not wrong. The other red Murcielago (from the blue Ferrari 355-F1 Spyder collection) is safe and sound.
The Red Murcielago that crashed in Bangalore was indeed the Ex-Spiderman car which was bought by someone in Bangalore. The other one which belongs to the famour garage is still safe and sound but as we all know is hardly ever taken out.

P.s - Just read Robesh's message on the same.

Last edited by Baleno7811 : 29th May 2012 at 22:40.
Old 29th May 2012, 23:25   #572
BHPian

Spotted this in gurgaon. A swift rear ended the Maserati.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img2012052500595.jpg  

SumitBahl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 01:59   #573
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Lots of talk about built quality and brands. Let it be any car, various force applied in severe collisions are unimaginable

Source: Facebook

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-_n.jpg
Old 4th June 2012, 02:25   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Damn. Whats with this maseratis getting rear ended by hatchbacks. First at mumbai and now this one.
Old 4th June 2012, 13:03   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Lots of talk about built quality and brands. Let it be any car, various force applied in severe collisions are unimaginable
The car is a goner, but IIRC, everyone on that RR survived. That does speak about the safety offered by the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Damn. Whats with this maseratis getting rear ended by hatchbacks. First at mumbai and now this one.
Probably the Swift was chasing the Maserati to take pics and couldn't stop in time when the Maserati stopped. A salesman in the BMW showroom here told me about the "dangers" of being chased by hatchbacks.
Old 17th June 2012, 12:16   #576
BHPian

Oh, I really hate it when rich people crash their exotics worth thousands of dollars. I really don't like when people crash their supercars which normal people aspire and dream to buy!

I remember last such incident happened in Delhi when someone crashed his father's Lamborghini! (Please pardon me if I have told an old incident)

S@ndy

Note From Team-BHP Support-Staff: Let's keep it clean, shall we?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th July 2012 at 11:21. Reason: Please refrain from personal attacks
S@ndy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 23:22   #577
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy
Oh, I really hate it when rich people crash their exotics worth thousands of dollars. I really don't like when people crash their supercars which normal people aspire and dream to buy!

I remember last such incident happened in Delhi when a spoilt brat crashed his father's Lamborghini! (Please pardon me if I have told an old incident)

S@ndy
Well they all have insurance also who ever buys a nice sports car isn't always a 'spoilt brat'. So you might wanna take it easy.

Cheers
taranonline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 23:32   #578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post

I remember last such incident happened in Delhi when a spoilt brat crashed his father's Lamborghini! (Please pardon me if I have told an old incident)

S@ndy
Do normal people not crash normal cars? For them its a normal car. The same way a person riding a scooter will aspire to own an XUV500 or a Verna which you own.

That chap lost his life in the accident, so lay off please.

And I don't understand why he is a spoilt brat? If a person has the money are they not allowed to spend it?
Akshay1234 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 23:32   #579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy

S@ndy
For me it may be aspirational,For them it may be equivalent to crashing "one" of the cars.

And if its the balboni incident, yes, its been done ,dissected, and put to sleep quite a while back.
Old 23rd June 2012, 21:07   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Gosh!! That's a sad sight.
It's gonna cost a fortune to get it repaired!
Old 17th July 2012, 11:56   #581
BHPian

Saw This On the news this morning... terrible crash but all the occupants safe i guess only because it was a range rover.

Speeding SUV turns turtle, catches fire near Prime Minister's residence | NDTV.com
Old 17th July 2012, 12:22   #582
Senior - BHPian

Speeding SUV turns turtle, catches fire near Prime Minister's residence

Source : Speeding SUV turns turtle, catches fire near Prime Minister's residence | NDTV.com

New Delhi: There was mid-night drama near the Prime Minister's residence in New Delhi. A speeding Range Rover SUV hit a road divider, turned turtle and caught fire about 150 metres from the PM's residence, 7 Race Course Road.

There were reportedly two occupants in the vehicle; both of them survived the crash.

Firefighters soon rushed to the accident site and put the flames out. A crane was called in to remove the SUV from the road.

"The driver was driving the car in a very fast speed. The car overturned following a collision with divider," said Keshav Srivastava, an eyewitness.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:54   #583
Senior - BHPian

Going by the rims that looks like a Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition. Not too many of them around in the country, Damn the car is a goner !

Last edited by ShortShifter : 17th July 2012 at 15:55.
Old 17th July 2012, 23:13   #584
Team-BHP Support

I've seen way too many SUVs turning turtle. Did not expect a Range Rover to lie on its roof after a crash with a divider - those ESCs and UFOs are supposed to prevent this from happening right?.

Now had this been a Rs. 80 Lac sedan, would it have flipped over under the same conditions?
Old 17th July 2012, 23:57   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I've seen way too many SUVs turning turtle. Did not expect a Range Rover to lie on its roof after a crash with a divider - those ESCs and UFOs are supposed to prevent this from happening right?.

Now had this been a Rs. 80 Lac sedan, would it have flipped over under the same conditions?
If the car has hit an obstacle (in this case - a divider) due to which two wheels have lifted off the ground, there is very little that the electronics can do to control it from tripping over (not forgetting the high speed of the vehicle in the first place). Add to that the high centre of gravity of the SUV makes it that much easier to flip over than a lower slung sedan. However, that in no case means that a sedan cannot flip but it is a little more composed than a higher SUV.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks