Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 22:03   #1321
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I saw it at 4no Bridge last week. It had a black roof IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
A White S320 AMG? Wow! Must have missed it. Where was it spotted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Is this the white one you are talking about ?

That is a S320 AMG if I am not wrong.
That would be a regular S Sedan with a AMG badge that you saw lol. The S320 doesn't come in coupe form and only the S500 and the S63 AMG are available in coupe forms in India.

And AFAIK there are two S63 Coupe press cars. Both in dark shades, one dark blue and the other is a deep green, almost black.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th October 2015 at 12:01. Reason: Removed unwanted spacing.
Old 24th September 2015, 00:01   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Glad all occupants are safe but More than anyone I think the Insurance company guy's are going to be the saddest bunch
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 17:12   #1323
BHPian

Glad everybody's safe! Seems to me that the truck would have hit some other car if it hadn't hit the benz, seeing as it is a head-on collision at a red light.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but in such a situation which insurance company pays the damages, assuming it is mendable , the S63 s or the trucks? But from the looks of it, it may be totalled I suppose, in which case I suppose the IDV is to be paid by the Benz's insurer. Right?
Old 28th September 2015, 05:06   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

The crumple zones have certainly done their job, and the cabin seems whole, but was the steering wheel pushed towards him, threatening his chest? Or did Merc safety look after that possibility too?

Glad to know that your friend is safe. I'm sure he has even more respect for Mercedes now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Mercedes did its job .
The steering, dashboard were at its original locations only and did not even move a bit. Nor did the engine components come crushing into the cabin. That sure is some top notch build quality.

Oh yes definitely, he says no other car for him other than a Mercedes now.
The S63 Coupe was also the fourth Mercedes in his family after a S500 Launch Edition W222, S500 W221 and an E280 W211.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Glad all occupants are safe but More than anyone I think the Insurance company guy's are going to be the saddest bunch
Yup, if this car gets written off which is most likely after seeing the damage, it would be the most expensive car to get written off in recent times where the insurance is having to pay off the entire sum due to bumper to bumper insurance. They write off a car if the repair value equals 70-75% of the IDV.

Hence getting bumper to bumper insurance with the most privileges like tyres, alloys, hyrdostatic lock and return to invoice facility is a must to get for such high end supercars, sportscars and luxurycars. It does pinch initially while purchasing the insurance and paying the annual premiums, but trust me it is all worth it as all one has to pay is a few thousand rupees. One never really knows when such an unforeseen incident might occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitnp View Post
Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but in such a situation which insurance company pays the damages, assuming it is mendable , the S63 s or the trucks? But from the looks of it, it may be totalled I suppose, in which case I suppose the IDV is to be paid by the Benz's insurer. Right?
To my limited knowledge, the S63's insurance company would pay for its damages in case of repair or total loss. Getting the truckers insurance to pay for the S63 would be quite a hassle and a tedious process.

Last edited by cityvic : 28th September 2015 at 05:13.
cityvic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 16:34   #1325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Oh yes definitely, he says no other car for him other than a Mercedes now.
It's one way to win brand loyalty!

I have a relative who runs a posh hotel in UK. His company car, personal and occasion hotel-guest pickup, is an Audi A8. I think he has had several. I asked him "why Audi?" and he told me that he had once been in a serious accident, and the car had protected him so well that he never even thought of any other make.

Hopefully, though, not too many of us get our brand loyalties that way

(It's part of my affection fro VW: 80kph (well, hit the brakes at that) collision and I never felt a thing)
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 23:25   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Mohammed Nisham's (of the infamous Hummer murder case) RR Ghost met with an accident this evening at Kochi. His brother who was driving it was over speeding and rammed it into a Ritz. Don't have any pics as of now but from what I heard, the RR didnt suffer any serious injuries.

Last edited by Anand123 : 21st October 2015 at 23:27.
Anand123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:43   #1327
BHPian

Here's the link to the RR Ghost accident:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle3091584.ece
Somu2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 11:32   #1328
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Todays TOI reported news of a Bentley being involved in an accident on the Mumbai-Ahemadabad highway. Here's the article and a pic of the car in its good old days.
Attachment 1172418

Attachment 1172419
Today's Mumbai Mirror carried an article of a case registered against the Bentley CEO. Not sure bit I guess it pertains to the quoted ContiGT.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/o...w/49589174.cms

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th October 2015 at 16:45. Reason: Making link clickable (guess the option was unchecked below your text entry box) :)
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 22:27   #1329
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Found this on FB. Seems like a tyre burst?Supercar & Import Crashes in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446310665.925646.jpg
A.K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 22:57   #1330
BHPian

That Bentley story is intriguing.
The reported details sound fishy. I wonder if we'll ever get to know the actual story.
Old 22nd November 2015, 15:39   #1331
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

As per a friend, the Lamborghini Aventador roadster which is in Delhi for the Lamborghini Esperienza met with a crash today at the Buddh International Circuit and both the front and rear ends have suffered major damage. No pics yet.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:14   #1332
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
As per a friend, the Lamborghini Aventador roadster which is in Delhi for the Lamborghini Esperienza met with a crash today at the Buddh International Circuit and both the front and rear ends have suffered major damage. No pics yet.

Yep, the yellow Roadster was stuffed by a customer. Apparently, it was driven with the TC off on Thrust Mode. Pics are least likely to surface.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:32   #1333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Yep, the yellow Roadster was stuffed by a customer. Apparently, it was driven with the TC off on Thrust Mode.
OUCH!!

You gotta be very careful with these machines. They are phenomenally capable, but with the driver-aids turned off, they will bite back.

Though, I can see how going to the most extreme setting on a track could be tempting...

Here's an excerpt from my Buddh + Lambo experience : Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Pushing Buttons

The Gallardo has three drive settings: Auto, Sport & Corsa. They control the aggressiveness of the electronic intervention, sharpness of the throttle, as well as the shifting of the single-clutch robotized box. Think of the 3 shift settings as mildly-violent, violent and extremely-violent. The car will change gears for you in Auto and Sport, but in Corsa you have to shift using the paddles; it will not shift for you, even if you’re bouncing off the redline.

Auto mode doesn’t always keep the car on the boil. It’s more of an around-town mode as it shifts up fairly early. We were told to stay in this mode. I decided not to use the paddles too much, as I thought I’d concentrate on the line around the track -- but in hindsight, this was a mistake, as the car was always in too high in a gear in Auto mode, affecting acceleration and cornering.

Our Italian instructor had said that we could switch to Sport mode if we felt comfortable, but the fact that marker cones were placed right on the curb at the exit of every corner made me think twice. I thought twice really quick, and then switched over to Sport on the less risky segments of the track. The Gallardo immediately jumped to life, dropping a gear and pulling till the redline all the time. Nice. From now on it was only a question of balancing out “having fun” with “not having a 2.5+ crore debt on my hands”.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th November 2015 at 18:05.
Rehaan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 17:24   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
OUCH!!

You gotta be very careful with these machines. They are phenomenally capable, but with the driver-aids turned off, they will bite back.

Though I can see how going to the most extreme setting on a track could be tempting...

Here's an excerpt from my Buddh + Lambo experience : Link
Quote:
Yep, the yellow Roadster was stuffed by a customer. Apparently, it was driven with the TC off on Thrust Mode. Pics are least likely to surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The incident left the beautiful Aventador Roadster with a little damage on the front bumper and a little on the rear. It was still in a drive-able state but was kept off track immediately to not delay activities on the track.

The way some of the invitees behaved on the track was appalling to say the least, putting their lives and others in danger. Fortunately, none of them were from Lamborghini Mumbai.
doctorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 19:38   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Dang!

Why is it that the Lamborghinis are on a long-term crashing spree in this country!?

Lambo incident record till date:
1) LP640 - link
Quote:
Country's only Lamborghini Murcielago SV LP 670-4 totalled last night near India Gate in Delhi. Apparently, it was doing 200+ and hit a pavement. The rear is badly damaged and the axle is gone is what I hear.
Just came across this while browsing
The wrecked Mumbai LP640 and Delhi LP 670SV have been put up for sale in dubizzle.com , a Dubai based classifieds page. LP640 is for AED 125k (approx 22lakhs) and SV for 375k (approx 67 lakhs). LP640 is currently in Dubai

Link for same

adding some pics and details

For sale damaged 2007 Right Hand Drive Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 E Gear with Launch Control for sale.This vehicle has been driven around 8000 kms in India & Dubai & is in an damaged/acccidented condition. Engine & Gearbox are perfect, NO damage at all, & lots of other body/electrical & engine parts such as both scissor doors, rear engine cover, front bonnet (slightly damaged but repairable), exhaust systems, etc are also salvageable.
The LP 640 car's chassis number is : ZHWBE37507LA02351.Vehicle is currently in Dubai UAE, & we can ship it to anywhere in the world. Sea/AirFreight, any applicable Customs Duty, Taxes etc are to be paid by the buyer.We are expecting around AED 125,000

Also available is a very rare 2010 RHD full specced Lambo Murciélago LP670-4 SV which is also damaged & driven for around 4000 Kms , & is currently in New Delhi, India. This car has sustained main damage in the rear left side & front suspension, but main carbon chassis tub, most of the carbon fibre body kit ,engine/gearbox/exhausts, interiors, etc are undamaged, in fact not even one of the airbags have deployed.
The SV is available for around AED 350,000 ex Bombay,India.LP 670 SV Chassis VIN # : ZHWBE81H2ALA04042 Engine # : L53804029

Name:  muercilago1.png
Views: 11023
Size:  763.6 KB

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-muercilago2.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-sv1.jpg
crazybiker46 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks