Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Any more details on this mishap?
Few more pics :

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-atzwxc0etpclgjtdtau1w.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-epney13nrq6zer4wzivs3a.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-s1p2hbj6slgc1vja653dg.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-oeawp0ikqqob5jhbf2hzaa.jpg

https://drivetribe.com/p/S0XObFUpTPq...source=partner

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th June 2017 at 23:19.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 13:10   #1622
Senior - BHPian

A brand new Mustang was involved in a collision in Namma Bengaluru yesterday. The owner took delivery from the showroom in the morning and was involved in the incident in the evening. As per the details available, the driver was under DUI at the time of accident. However no one else involved were seriously hurt in the accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1497685090181.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1497685104769.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1497685123218.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1497685136168.jpg  

unk9ja is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 13:18   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Not surprised. See lot of mustang crashes online with drivers trying to show off and unable to control the car.

If he was DUI, then well hope he learns his lesson.
deathwalkr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 14:14   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
A brand new Mustang was involved in a collision in Namma Bengaluru yesterday. The owner took delivery from the showroom in the morning and was involved in the incident in the evening. As per the details available, the driver was under DUI at the time of accident. However no one else involved were seriously hurt in the accident.
The last picture shows the car's number board. Shouldn't it take 2-3 weeks post delivery to issue number?
Old 17th June 2017, 14:24   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
As per the details available, the driver was under DUI at the time of accident.
Don't think so mate. It's a 19 year old kid's showoff gone wrong near JW Marriott last night.

Ford Mustang Bangalore Accident
mjumrani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 15:59   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Don't think so mate. It's a 19 year old kid's showoff gone wrong near JW Marriott last night.

Ford Mustang Bangalore Accident
How many times in the recent past have the media been reporting truth? And how many times have bribes suppressed the truth? The kiddo in question was partying before the crash and the news I got was from a very reliable source. So I quoted the same.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 18:58   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
How many times in the recent past have the media been reporting truth? And how many times have bribes suppressed the truth? The kiddo in question was partying before the crash and the news I got was from a very reliable source. So I quoted the same.
Drunk or not, it's well known that the Mustang is a tail-happy car under throttle input and if all gizmos are off, it can easily powerslide uncontrollably. Seems to be the same here. Good that no one else was hurt.
This seems to be another one to add to those "car-meet" crashes Mustang's are ridiculed for abroad.
Rohan24 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 21:09   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
How many times in the recent past have the media been reporting truth?
Really man. Just some posts behind in the report of the Fortuner-Xuv 'fatal attraction' scenario, the tabloids reported the customary "tyre burst caused accident" favourite dialogue of theirs.

Anyways, these days, going by the way the local media is behaving, it's safer to refer to foreign media as they have a better non-biased view and are not under pressure of any kind from the local "powerful influences", if you get the drift. News in this country is "owned" these days.
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 10:19   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
The last picture shows the car's number board. Shouldn't it take 2-3 weeks post delivery to issue number?
Why should it take any time (let alone 2-3 weeks after delivery) for the car to get a number? Unless you are taking delivery an unregistered car and getting the registration done later.

I personally don't take delivery of a car unless the number plate has already been fixed.
Old 9th July 2017, 20:15   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Noida Accident Video

http://www.republicworld.com/s/2776/...caught-on-tape
Came across this accident video. It is very obvious that the guy in the sports car is at fault. Hope he is caught and gets punished.

Note from mod: Adding an animated GIF (slowed down a bit so we can see exactly what's happening):
Name:  dzirelamboeeco.gif
Views: 16797
Size:  2.70 MB

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th July 2017 at 11:10. Reason: Added GIF. Thanked your post for sharing! :)
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 20:24   #1631
BHPian

Re: Noida Accident Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
http://www.republicworld.com/s/2776/...caught-on-tape
Came across this accident video. It is very obvious that the guy in the sports car is at fault. Hope he is caught and gets punished.
Am not sure if you watched the video closely but the Lambo is not at fault at all. It's the Indigo that seems to lose control, side swipe the Lambo, which then runs into the Eeco (I think).
sunny310c is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 21:16   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Am not sure if you watched the video closely but the Lambo is not at fault at all. It's the Indigo that seems to lose control, side swipe the Lambo, which then runs into the Eeco (I think).
Thanks for correcting me. I had not noticed what prompted the Lambo to swerve. But I amazed how a little brush in the corner send the MUV flying (high GC, narrow widths are obviously the factors)
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 11:24   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I amazed how a little brush in the corner send the MUV flying (high GC, narrow widths are obviously the factors)
High speed is another contributing factor to this accident. Although speed limit is 100 kmph in this road for LMV, there are reports that many people don't respect it.

Looking the video at slow motion it seems Lamborghini was following the lane but other two vehicles were not. Even half of the Eeco car was on the lane where Lamborghini was already there. The luckiest among all here is the two wheeler that was missed by the Eeco by fraction of a second.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-lb1.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-lb.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 10th July 2017 at 11:52.
airbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 11:33   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for correcting me. I had not noticed what prompted the Lambo to swerve. But I amazed how a little brush in the corner send the MUV flying (high GC, narrow widths are obviously the factors)
I suspect the main factor could be the high CG coupled with lesser width of the vehicle that affects the dynamic stability of the vehicle.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 11:36   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Actually, all 3 are at fault - the Lambo, the Eeco & the Dzire.

Defensive driving entails not being in somebody's blind spot. If you notice, the Eeco is in the Lambo's blind spot and splitting lanes. The Lambo has also not given itself enough room for evasive action in case of anything untoward on the road.

The Dzire definitely caused the accident & is probably about 70% to blame.

Do I always drive defensively as above? No! But I do try & ensure that I am not in anybody's blind spot.
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks