Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
One of the tyres must've burst looking at the way the dzire swerved
Then how did the Dzire drive on!
Old 12th July 2017, 10:40   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Lamborghini Huracan involved in a Fatal accident in Noida. If the CCTV footage was not available, without a doubt Lamborghini driver would have been the reason for accident.

Very unfortunate : (

One could also ascertain the un-stability of the Maruti Omni at high speeds on those skinny tyres.
I have always questioned the safety of some of the cars sold in our country on those super skinny tyres, all in the name of fuel economy.

Last edited by SDP : 13th July 2017 at 20:01. Reason: Please do not quote video links
Old 12th July 2017, 10:56   #1669
BHPian

Did anyone observe there is some kind of burst or some sort on the car coming in Lane 3 after the crash ? wonder what that is..
Old 12th July 2017, 11:02   #1670
A M
BHPian

Doesn't look like a tyre burst. Maybe the Dzire passenger wanted to shoot the Lambo and the driver was obliging with the lane change for the front shot.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 11:35   #1671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Did anyone observe there is some kind of burst or some sort on the car coming in Lane 3 after the crash ? wonder what that is..
I think it is a car driving over the debris of Lambo or Swift, and having a burst tyre.

Last edited by AtheK : 12th July 2017 at 11:38.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:03   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
News reports have correctly identified the Dzire to be at fault for setting up the chain of events that led to the accident. Two points stood out for me;
1. The Eeco seems to suffer from the same high GC stability issue the Omni had (even taking momentum and impact angle into account, i doubt any other MUV such as Ertiga, would have had the same effect)
2. The Lambo sure has fantastic road grip and stability! I was amazed how it could recover from the sharp turn so fast.

All in all, this was an avoidable accident if only the Dzire guy had overtaken carefully.
Lamborghini Driver Cleared
The police say that they will include the name of the Lamborghini driver in the case IF the victim's family wants it.
Why???
I can bet some monies that it WILL be included.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th July 2017 at 12:30. Reason: Splitting post between 2 threads :)
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 12:14   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
On the Noida accident. I am not sure whether the Dzire guy was boosting of overtaking or not, or any other factor. But one thing I have noticed on highways, after overtaking when the driver wants to come back to their original lane (assuming they are not squeezing in a tight gap), they do a very sharp cut. Probably they do not judge the gap before changing the lane back.

something like below
Attachment 1655817
That was a very sharp cut by Dzire. Looks like the driver lost the control due to tyre burst/mechanical failure.
What is surprising is the way Eeco turned turtle with a slight touch by Lambo. Omni and Eeco are coffins on four wheels.
And the lucky bike guy survived by a whisker.

Last edited by C300 : 12th July 2017 at 12:14. Reason: formatting
Old 12th July 2017, 12:31   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
What is surprising is the way Eeco turned turtle with a slight touch by Lambo. ...
The Lambo being very low slung cut unto the Eeco at a low point causing the tall Eeco to easily trip over and roll, very similar to the way in which the relatively stable i20 easily tripped over the low divider and rolled over in the Banjara Hills crash. All it takes is a light nudge.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 12th July 2017 at 12:37.
Old 12th July 2017, 13:57   #1675
BHPian

Such a typical fact-less news report blaming the entire incident on the Lamborghini. The video is being shown just on the side and yet the blind reporter makes no mention of the Dzire that initiates the accident. Pathetic is an understatement for such paltry levels of journalism.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 22:14   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Such a typical fact-less news report blaming the entire incident on the Lamborghini. The video is being shown just on the side and yet the blind reporter makes no mention of the Dzire that initiates the accident. Pathetic is an understatement for such paltry levels of journalism.
Sir, the reason for showing this accident on national new channel is because a Lamborghini was involved. And to make the news "Sansani Khabar" they have to to put finger on Lamborghini.
Unfortunate events like this happens in our country every now and then because of lack of laws and ethics on road. But we need someone to put it on.
KokosaM3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 19:09   #1677
BHPian

I travel on this expressway everyday and believe me, its full of stupid drivers. Buses, trucks , lorries, tempos in rightmost lanes; mindless overtaking; ZERO lane discipline; reckless speeds. Everyone believes it to be their personal racetrack. Each day i feel like putting an RTI as to ask the number of heavy vehicles have been challaned on the expressway till now. This expressway is supposed to be equipped with the best in class traffic management systems and hundreds of Crores have been spent on its upgradation about 2 years back but there is hardly any benefits to be seen in reality. What's the use of having 100s CCTVs if you don't use any footage to bring discipline?

Last edited by SDP : 13th July 2017 at 20:00. Reason: Multiple typos and format errors. Please proof-read your posts
car-dent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 13:54   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Any clue what sort of damage the Lambo has? Since it drove away, is it safe to assume that it will be reapairable?

Also any clue on what sort of liablity clause you sign when you test drive a high end sportscar?
Same as any other test drive, the car is insured and you are liable only for any criminal charges as a driver. This is why this test drive isn't offered that widely on public roads.

I am surprised that many people are doubting what happened, its abundantly clear that the Dzire guy was trying to show off and lost control of the car PERIOD. Same has been determined by the authorities. Thank god for the camera otherwise this might have been something else altogether.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 14:39   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Same as any other test drive, the car is insured and you are liable only for any criminal charges as a driver. This is why this test drive isn't offered that widely on public roads.
And what sort of insurance are we talking about? If its Zero Dep, what happens if a car meets with more than the max 0 dep claims one can take? If its not Zero dep, what happens to the amount that the insured party needs to pay?

Have read a couple of instances when the dealer tried to use powe to get the Test Drive driver to pay for damages, but I believe in case of such high end cars, both sides have decent connections. And the company cannot get their image tarnished!
Old 14th July 2017, 18:36   #1680
Distinguished - BHPian

Ouch.. Dzire got away after causing the accident and the poor Lambo and Omni had to pay the price. The traffic density is actually pretty high and while driving on such roads in India you need to constantly monitor 360% and be ready to deal with potential monkeys on the road. On outer-ring-road in Bangalore, if you take your eyes off front/side/rear views even for a minute, you can be part of a pile up. It's pretty stressful actually.

Lambo driver should have been scanning his surroundings to be more alert, he is not in Europe. When I see or hear someone behind in a rush, my first instinct is to slow down and make way for the maniac to overtake me (which happens very often).

Of course, easier said that done. But these are fairly elementary survival skills on Indian roads.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks