Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 00:41   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Since the work is not an overnight job and also the condition is really not that changed, i decided it was best to let the thread be. I mean you could flip through the previous pages and the car would look the same to you.

We did have a whole lot of repeated bad luck with some mechanical parts, which had to be redone numerous times to get the right power out put. The car yet refuses to run like she is meant to do. I do have her taken out for a 10km walk everyday in the hope that with regular usage the LLR and ECU recognise her as ALIVE. A slow process but hopefully it shall pay off.
The other bad luck was when she was sent for electricals that was left and the person left the windows down during the rain and water drenched the carpets. The electricals that were done earlier refuse to work now. I sometimes get the feeling that the Big Daddy does not want the pampering to stop.
I have now called in a mech from Dubai to get things sorted in the best manner as some parts even after being replaced are of no help. I have a feeling either some components that we have overlooked or thought unimportant are playing mischief. An expert would be likely to sort these out.

Some recent pictures that i took.
Is this the mill? Don't recognize the location
Old 19th October 2010, 11:45   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
@speedy

If it does not sound offensive (I understand that this very car holds a sentimental value to you), did you consider anything with respect to the black W140 S600 that was put on on the classifieds a few months back. The same ad which had about 3 S classes for sale.
I did'nt quite follow what ur trying to say, but if i can read right.

I got my car almost a year ago and she is not black in colour.

I have no intentions of selling her, now or at any point in my life.

The other thing is i have no intention of buying another S600, since i have one already.

Please feel free to take your pick for an answer to your question Dipen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Is this the mill? Don't recognize the location
The cars were moved out of there 4years ago brother.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:48   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have no intentions of selling her, now or at any point in my life.
Thats what I wanted to hear. Hopefully only a little while left and the beast will be back on the road.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:26   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thats what I wanted to hear. Hopefully only a little while left and the beast will be back on the road.
She does have a long way yet Akshay but i am in no mood to give up on her. So if it means flying down people from all over the world i shall.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2010, 20:18   #470
Senior - BHPian

@Speedy

What I meant was : About few months back, there was a black S600 for sale in our classifieds. Did you consider getting that (if that was found be be in a lot better shape mechanically) and letting the 2222 go. It could save you some hassles and time.

Just did not ask it directly as the 2222 holds a significant sentimental value to you.
Old 20th October 2010, 05:32   #471

For all the "Big Daddy" fans. Here is something special.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2110143-post9082.html
Old 20th October 2010, 10:48   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
@Speedy

What I meant was : About few months back, there was a black S600 for sale in our classifieds. Did you consider getting that (if that was found be be in a lot better shape mechanically) and letting the 2222 go. It could save you some hassles and time.

Just did not ask it directly as the 2222 holds a significant sentimental value to you.
When i was in talks for the Big Daddy there also was Mr.M.A.'s prestine S600 offered to me for about Rs 75 thousand more than what i paid for my car. I did not even look at it. I was offered a 600 cheaper than what i paid recently and that too was not considered. It is not only the 2222 reg (i can have another car regestered) but the whole package of my car that gives me a feeling of warmth. I can get myself a few other 600's in the money i am spending, but i'd never be able to get them to be a part of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
For all the "Big Daddy" fans. Here is something special.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2110143-post9082.html
Con artist. That is a 500 and not a 600 . Having said that i still love it.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:41   #473
BHPian

>>>

speedy,

We congratulate (and look up to) your spirit to restore the S600 and wait when it will be finally ready to rock and roll.

Did you ever consider the 450 SEL 6.9 (W116) to be part of your stable? Of course there has to be one available in India for that. I am curious to know because that is a very special Merc too, along with the 1960s 600.

Also, are there similar 'iconic' Bimmers, that is similar to the S600 or the 450 SEL 6.9? I don't get to read much about 'regal' Bimmers as I do on Mercs in the forums here.

Regards
Old 21st October 2010, 11:36   #474
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I can get myself a few other 600's in the money i am spending
Speedy : How about buying another well-maintained S600 and using it as a parts car? I've seen some classic Merc owners do this and it may work out more convenient than repeatedly ordering parts from abroad? Since you don't intend to sell her at all, the part car's body panels, windscreen etc. may also be of use at a later date.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2010, 19:36   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Speedy : How about buying another well-maintained S600 and using it as a parts car? I've seen some classic Merc owners do this and it may work out more convenient than repeatedly ordering parts from abroad? Since you don't intend to sell her at all, the part car's body panels, windscreen etc. may also be of use at a later date.
As S600's are already rare in India, chopping another car is not a good idea(atleast for w140 lovers).
OT: How about a dedicated S600 restoration GTO?

Last edited by petroguzzler : 21st October 2010 at 19:37.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:22   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

speedy,

We congratulate (and look up to) your spirit to restore the S600 and wait when it will be finally ready to rock and roll.

Did you ever consider the 450 SEL 6.9 (W116) to be part of your stable? Of course there has to be one available in India for that. I am curious to know because that is a very special Merc too, along with the 1960s 600.

Also, are there similar 'iconic' Bimmers, that is similar to the S600 or the 450 SEL 6.9? I don't get to read much about 'regal' Bimmers as I do on Mercs in the forums here.

Regards
Thank you for your kind words.

Yes there is one 450 SEL 6.9 that i know off and it belongs to a friend of mine. My other friend has the 600 Pullman and these cars are in top order.

The only regal Bimmer i would consider is the 750il of the early 90's (Transporter fame) and then the 760li's. The iconic cars would be the 3.0 csl (hope i got it right) the M1 and the 635csi. There is one csl that i know off in Bombay but the car is beyond any restoration. There was a M1 that i used to see as a teen but when i went to the house a few years later when i started collecting, the car was no longer there and no one knew where it went. I have not seen her or heard of her since. The 635csi stands in the garage along with the Big Daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
GTO buying a car as a parts car would be a good option for some. In my case it would not be as i would not like to dismanntle a running car that has less issues to curb the hunger of mine. In a 600 you hardly find a car that has been junked unlike the lower ranks like the 280 or 300's. ThE 600 does not share parts with it smaller sibblings so that is the problem. My car has the lazy boy seats in the rear just like the ones you would on the Maybach. This again was an option not chosed by many. I would not like to change it to the bench style as the charm would be lost. Windscreens, windows are all fine in my car, so i do not need them to be changed at all.
As mentioned by you itself and since i do not intend to ever sell her, why would i want to compromise in buying second hand used parts and that too from another car that i know nothing about. The parts i call are brand new parts from an autherised Mercedes Dealership abroad and Chassis and engine no complied parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
As S600's are already rare in India, chopping another car is not a good idea(atleast for w140 lovers).
OT: How about a dedicated S600 restoration GTO?
It wont be called chopping my friend, its called canibalising.

Thank you for the suggestion, if it is meant for this cars restoration, but no thank you as well.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd October 2010 at 11:35.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:20   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words.

Yes there is one 450 SEL 6.9 that i know off and it belongs to a friend of mine. My other friend has the 600 Pullman and these cars are in top order.

The only regal Bimmer i would consider is the 750il of the early 90's (Transporter fame) and then the 760li's. The iconic cars would be the 3.0 csl (hope i got it right) the M1 and the 635csi. There is one csl that i know off in Bombay but the car is beyond any restoration. There was a M1 that i used to see as a teen but when i went to the house a few years later when i started collecting, the car was no longer there and no one knew where it went. I have not seen her or heard of her since. The 635csi stands in the garage along with the Big Daddy.

GTO buying a car as a parts car would be a good option for some. In my case it would not be as i would not like to dismanntle a running car that has less issues to curb the hunger of mine. In a 600 you hardly find a car that has been junked unlike the lower ranks like the 280 or 300's. ThE 600 does not share parts with it smaller sibblings so that is the problem. My car has the lazy boy seats in the rear just like the ones you would on the Maybach. This again was an option not chosed by many. I would not like to change it to the bench style as the charm would be lost. Windscreens, windows are all fine in my car, so i do not need them to be changed at all.
As mentioned by you itself and since i do not intend to ever sell her, why would i want to compromise in buying second hand used parts and that too from another car that i know nothing about. The parts i call are brand new parts from an autherised Mercedes Dealership abroad and Chassis and engine no complied parts.

It wont be called chopping my friend, its called canibalising.

Thank you for the suggestion, if it is meant for this cars restoration, but no thank you as well.

Hey speedy, i know you are a true blue v12 fan. Although there is a Bmw 4.4l v8 version of the same era with a freind of mine, for sale. I had used the car for almost a month , the car has minor niggling issues related to trims. The engine is very refined. I found it surprisingly economical too in comparison to my 500 sel. (but i am all over the merc).its a Dl reg.

So Pm me if you need details. i will get some pics too if you need.

The pic below just shows the exact rims this car has,its off the internet. BTW its silver in colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-740il.jpg  

konjaril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:14   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We did have a whole lot of repeated bad luck with some mechanical parts, which had to be redone numerous times to get the right power out put. The car yet refuses to run like she is meant to do. I do have her taken out for a 10km walk everyday in the hope that with regular usage the LLR and ECU recognise her as ALIVE.
Speedy, what exactly is the issue with the car? Have they at least pin pointed the problem?
Old 24th November 2010, 17:50   #479
BHPian

Great thread speedy. I would love to own a W140 some day. Hopefully in the next 2 years I might be able to buy one. Would love to have a S600. I took a ride in a S320 recently, what an amazing car. I can only imagine how awesome the S600 is. Good luck.
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:05   #480
BHPian

re: Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12

Long Time No updates or pictures. Hows the car doing? Please update us car lovers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks