Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 17:12   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
also throws out smike from one exhaust.
I noticed that when I saw your car on Worli Sea Face on sunday morning.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:19   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the engine get heated sooner than it should and also throws out smike from one exhaust so i figure it is the Ghasket and to change it immidiately, before some more damage is caused. I finally saw the SL63 AMG link you provided. Thanks and your doing a great job in covering the cars. All the best to your show.
I am gonna borrow your car for a few days when i come to bombay later this year hopefully. Will try calling you within the next few days. Need some advice.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:29   #438
BHPian

A shiny black paint scheme like this would superb.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-img_7250s.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-mb_s_600_w140_2_6483_big.jpg  

petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:17   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
I think speedy would like to keep the unique shade of his car intact.Just adding a little gloss is what she needs!
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:05   #440
Senior - BHPian

Yes a just a little gloss,and this car will clear traffic jams for speedy better than the mumbai civic authorities can ever be able to!
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:00   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
It's being a good decision no to strain the engine any more. May be the Ghasket worn as its kept ideal for a long time!
Yes thats what i think too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
I am gonna borrow your car for a few days when i come to bombay later this year hopefully. Will try calling you within the next few days. Need some advice.
Find parking and a portable petrol pump too brother and you can BORROW her for a few days. Anytime you dont need to ask me if you want to call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Superb it is but not superb enough for me. I love the shade of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
I think speedy would like to keep the unique shade of his car intact.Just adding a little gloss is what she needs!
, i was thinking of getting a patch paint job done on just the bits that need it but now i think i shall get an over coat for the whole car done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Yes a just a little gloss,and this car will clear traffic jams for speedy better than the mumbai civic authorities can ever be able to!
Even without it i had people move aside for the Big Daddy, but then i think the cigar (He was smoking, not me) was keeping everyone away .
Old 24th April 2010, 00:29   #442
Senior - BHPian

Oh yaar, I missed the pics. Great job abhi, looks a world better from the state you acquired the car. Still, I feel the color is too 'fruity' for the Big Daddy's Mafia image. Maybe it is just me, This color is made for much softer n mortal cars. The Daddy will scream appeal in all black. Anyways, Sort her up soon. We are going for a spin next time I'm in Mum'Bhai !
Old 24th April 2010, 19:38   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Oh yaar, I missed the pics. Great job abhi, looks a world better from the state you acquired the car. Still, I feel the color is too 'fruity' for the Big Daddy's Mafia image. Maybe it is just me, This color is made for much softer n mortal cars. The Daddy will scream appeal in all black. Anyways, Sort her up soon. We are going for a spin next time I'm in Mum'Bhai !

All i did was get her cleaned with water and a cloth nothing else and she looks a million bucks compared to when i first saw her. The pictures are at around 11 am under the bright sun, so she looks in her element. As you see her in the evening or night she transforms into a darker shade that is very intimidating. When i get an overcoat done, the car would be a little darker than this and with buffed wheels would look deadly. Anyways the big daddy has an uniqueness of his own whith the colour and i'd like to retain that. If the car is ready by then we shall go for a spin by all means.

Maybe by then she has one more buddy along
Old 25th April 2010, 09:34   #444
BHPian

Bad Statement

Quote:
I have written to Mr.Albur MD Mercedes Benz India about this and also had written in the past regarding my ML. I have asked MBIL not to accept cars pre 2000 as they cannot handle it and their people need more than sufficiant training before they can service such cars.
Please refrain from making such requests as you may have the people to work but there are many other Owners and Future Owners who will not be able to get their car running properly.

If you had a Bad Experience with them then please do not send your cars to them ever again.
Old 25th April 2010, 10:53   #445
BHPian

Arabs daily Ride

The S500(6555) & a Mustang GT belongs to my neighbor here in KSA.Sharing this long wheelbase Mighty Benz includes S500 & S600.Enjoy the pics.S600 v12 is favorite among Arabs & common ride here.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-1.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-2.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-4.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-5.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-6.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-7.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-8.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-22062009033.jpg  

Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-23092009639.jpg  

bugatti_86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2010, 18:46   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Please refrain from making such requests as you may have the people to work but there are many other Owners and Future Owners who will not be able to get their car running properly.

If you had a Bad Experience with them then please do not send your cars to them ever again.
I have not made any request to any owner or future owner on the forum. I have mentioned what i have corresponded with the MD of MBIL in my letter addressed to him. I believe i have every right to mention the fact of how customers get treated so people know what to expect.

Thank you for your advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugatti_86 View Post
The S500(6555) & a Mustang GT belongs to my neighbor here in KSA.Sharing this long wheelbase Mighty Benz includes S500 & S600.Enjoy the pics.S600 v12 is favorite among Arabs & common ride here.
Thanks for sharing pictures. Its always a treat when i am in Dubai and the yards are filled with S600's. The only sad part is they are LHD'S so the mirrors, seats, engine and the dash board is of no use here. I would have gotten a couple of cars as spare for mine.

Lets stick to The S600 here or i dont have issues with other w140 pictures but other cars is way off brother. Thank you. The Gt does look gorgeous though.

Last edited by speedy : 25th April 2010 at 18:49.
Old 28th April 2010, 09:28   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post

Then better not read/login to a public forum where the cause is to highlight such good or bad things about a service/product provider. Are you saying that MBIL will give step-motherly treatment to customers who write their complaints to them?
Old 28th April 2010, 20:23   #448
BHPian

Speedy, whats the news on the S600?
Haven't seen too many on the roads and eager to see one soon buddy
Old 4th May 2010, 10:14   #449
BHPian

Excuse Me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Then better not read/login to a public forum where the cause is to highlight such good or bad things about a service/product provider. Are you saying that MBIL will give step-motherly treatment to customers who write their complaints to them?
I would advise a Non - Mercedes Owner not to comment on Service given by Mercedes Workshops and in case you also had a Bad Experience through some friend or relative then Please do not go to Authorised ever again.

I had addressed this to Speedy and he answered it so please do not comment on this matter anymore.
Old 5th May 2010, 01:29   #450
BHPian

I love that color. I'm sure that once that car is restored by someone knowledgeable, it'll last a lifetime. You just have to drive it. I drove my 740iL for 11 years and put 143000 miles before I sold it. Heck, my mustang, my commuter, has 171000 miles on it and is 13 years old. Not a thing wrong with it. The maintenance costs of mercs are overly blown. From what I hear, merc dealers in India seem to rip people off. If you do the regular recommended maintenance probably every 15000 miles (may be less in India) these cars will last several lifetimes.

Patience is the key. The reward is great. Cheers.

Last edited by VLOCT : 5th May 2010 at 01:31.

Most Viewed