Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2015, 23:00   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
I'm planning to use OWS synthomax (5W60) engine oil,along with their engine flush and Engine.
AFAIK, there is no need to flush the engine unless the engine is very old and you need to get rid of the sludge from the old oil.

As long as you are going with the recommended grade and specs, brand does not really matter.

However, I personally have no experience with OWS oils.

All the best.

P.S. Search for engine flush on the forum and you could find more information on what I have posted regarding the need for an engine flush.
Old 12th April 2015, 12:04   #557
BHPian

Hi n_aditya

Factory recommended oil grade for my bike is 10W40 but i've heard wide-spectrum oils such as 5W60 perform better specially in varied temperature range (Delhi-Laddakh).

Was looking for an expert opinion before I go for it.

Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 10:31   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Hi n_aditya

Factory recommended oil grade for my bike is 10W40 but i've heard wide-spectrum oils such as 5W60 perform better specially in varied temperature range (Delhi-Laddakh).

Was looking for an expert opinion before I go for it.
Yes, you're right. 5Wxx or even 0Wxx would be preferable in cold weather such as Leh. The lower the number before the "W" the thinner the oil. This helps in cold weather since the oil circulates much faster than a heavier grade.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 11:34   #559
BHPian

Hello guys,
My friend is selling his Kawasaki 650 (Bangalore). Is there a section on team bhp where i can post the details ?

Mods, please move the thread to correct section and let me know where I can post details.
Old 13th June 2015, 12:47   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
Hello guys,
My friend is selling his Kawasaki 650 (Bangalore). Is there a section on team bhp where i can post the details ?

Mods, please move the thread to correct section and let me know where I can post details.

Please use http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/
sammyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 17:24   #561
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any short riders here on the 650? My inseam is 29". I tried the 650 and could barely reach the floor. As the weight was a bit intimidating, I think good reach will inspire confidence expecially as I have no experience on 600s. Has anyone tried shaving the seat or lowering the bike using kits?

300 was more of a perfect fit.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 19th June 2015 at 17:30.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:11   #562
BHPian

I am 5'8" and a little and I do not have trouble reaching the ground at all.

Also, I am using this thread to keep the updates on my bike going as I do not want to start another thread for the 650. There seems to be a few already.

From an accessories perspective on my bike now -

Have -
0. HJC helmet (had earlier)
1. Puig Pro Frame Sliders
2. Swingarm spools from Amazon.com
3. Thor Riding gloves
4. Triumph Riding jacket
5. Tank Pad
6. IXIL Dual Superlow full system Exhaust
7. K&N filter
8. Radiator guard from redlineplus.in
9. PC V running with Cliff Randal's map
10. Joe Rocket RX14 Riding Boots
11. Venhill Steel braided brake lines front and rear
12. BRP clutch springs
13. Driven Racing Block off plate
14. Sports Bars from ninj650shop.com

Want to add -
1. Tyres - Whenever they wear out
2. Dynojet Autotune
3. Fork protectors
4. Double Bubble windscreen
5. Brake pads (ordered and have them with me but not on the bike yet)
6. Better Levers (ordered a set from Amazon, yet to reach me)

With the new sports bars and the map almost completely setup to my liking, the bike is very very nice right now. With the new bars, the seating position has changed a bit and I lean in a bit more thus offering more weight on the front and hence the bike is more easily flickable. There is the slight negative that the levers touch the windshield on full lock but I am hoping that with the new levers that I have in the pipeline, this should be sorted. Will keep you all posted.
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 07:34   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post

From an accessories perspective on my bike now -

Want to add -
4. Double Bubble windscreen
From the KNOG forum, I hear that the stock windscreen itself is lot better than the after market ones (in terms of material quality). I think "rbp" got a double bubble wind screen and went back to the stock one.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 19:16   #564
BHPian

True that, that was an initial want that I had in the list and havent got around to it but for now it will stay stock. Also with the sports bars and the new levers coming, am not sure which screen will offer decent tuck in protection without messing with the handles.
Old 10th July 2015, 15:37   #565
BHPian

Anyone using their 650 as a daily ride? How is 650 as an everyday motorcycle? Parking aside what difficulties does one face?
Old 10th July 2015, 16:07   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
Anyone using their 650 as a daily ride? How is 650 as an everyday motorcycle? Parking aside what difficulties does one face?
Using mine as a daily ride in bangalore.
Parking aside, no issues.
It will trundle along at 30kmph or hustle at blinding speeds when given the stick.

Cheers!
wolfy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 16:08   #567
BHPian

Quote:
It is tough in peak traffic of Mumbai. I tried getting my bike daily to office from Borivali to BKC (infamous as one of the worst stretches of Bombay). However, engine heat and the bulk of bike used to tire me completely. Slowly switched back to car.

My thumb rule: if one has to ride through heavy traffic for more than 30 mins, one should avoid big bikes.
Gotham_City is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 20:28   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Ninja 650 does have good low end and midrange power for city use. Even z800 is used for city rides. Having said that, any of these bikes do generate a lot of heat in super heavy traffic where your average speed won't exceed 20 kmph. Also, i see different people having different thoughts on using big bikes in heavy traffic. For me, i hate riding any big bike even in moderate traffic. For few, it may not. Having said that, i would say er6n is much more easy to use in city conditions.

Last edited by shan_ned : 10th July 2015 at 20:41.
Old 11th July 2015, 00:10   #569
BHPian

I use my 650 for daily commute to office. Total commute distance is 26 kms which gets covered in 40 minutes; that's a decent speed not to encounter issues like heat and weight. Yes, you can feel the bike getting heated up in slow moving traffic; haven't felt the issue of weight yet.

The biggest menace are the Pulsar 200 / 220 riders trying to race when the maximum speed that I touch is 60-70kmph :-) !!
junkishya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 17:08   #570
BHPian

OK guys after owning this wonderful machine for almost 2 years, will be going for my first ever long ride (I have never ridden more than 120kms at a strech). Chennai to Chikmangulur Close to 500kms one way. Will be stopping over at Hosur on the way for the night. Will be accompanied by buddy Harley guys.

Just got it serviced and it is as smooth as ever. Really excited will update you all on the ride.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks