Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 17:10   #481
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinyaar View Post
Hi Sriku
I just finished running in the Ninja last month and am back to running in the CB!! Its really frustrating keeping the revvs low on this machine. Just got the sliders today and will fit it after dinner. Am just keeping it stock as I like it that way.
Rgds
I installed adjustable levers that are not shorty, but match the color of my new clipons, barends etc. Getting a Leo Vince full system underbody this weekend along with PCV, autotune etc. Making my ninja a noisemaker

Congrats on the CB dinyaar! I have always been impressed by its build quality, refinement and superb riding and handling characteristics. Definitely a good upgrade in my books. A few friends of mine already have the CB in mumbai, and all of them are very happy with their bikes. No fuss, comfortable and power packed.

Last edited by sriku : 2nd April 2013 at 17:11. Reason: missed a few things.
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:31   #482
BHPian

Hi
Thanks Sriku
I have always loved a Naked and the Ninja was the only faired bike I dared to venture into because of the stunning price. Kept my plans of owning the inline 4 on hold & actually enjoyed most of what the ninja did. A young neighbour was really keen to buy the ninja but PBK refused to even accept a deposit & the same old story of deliveries in August & the rest. So when Honda offered me a white spanking CB that was lying with them from the 2012 stock at what I thought was a great price I just grabbed it and sold the ninja to my young buddy who seems over the moon.

The FZ1 was always a contender but the CB does more for me and I can manage with a few less horses for all the plusses the Honda brings. Naturally its all a matter of ones preference.

Sadly now in 2013 the liter class bikes are really steeply priced after the duty increase. The new 2013 CB is 15L and the one with ABS is 16L. FZ is almost 13 and the blade is 18L for the Repsol the last time I checked. Bajaj should launch something like the the Z1000 at around the 10L mark (which they can) via the CKD route & blow this segment wide open. Maybe then even HMSI, YAm, and the rest will start assembly here and Indians will get superbikes at sane money.

Why a leo Vince and not an Acra?? IS the leo much cheaper than the Acra?
Rgds

Last edited by dinyaar : 2nd April 2013 at 20:33.
Old 3rd April 2013, 14:52   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinyaar View Post
Hi
Why a leo Vince and not an Acra?? IS the leo much cheaper than the Acra?
Rgds
Agree about the z1000, it is probably my next bike if CKD happens.

The Leo Vince's were available immediately at very competitive pricing whereas the akras were priced at premium (>25k INR over MRP) and if I had to get them hand carried, I'd be waiting till June. Got a trackday coming up in May and a bunch of rides before then, so decided to pull the trigger and be done with it.
Have always loved the Leo's sound. The Akras stand alone in terms of build quality and performance, but after hearing Clyton's Leo's I just had to get them.
Have heard ixil and yoshi's too. If not for the leo's I'd have stuck with the stock until I could get akras. The rest just cannot match the build quality and looks of the Akras/Leo's.

Have fun with your running in! Look forward to seeing you on a ride soon.

Sriku
Old 6th April 2013, 18:03   #484
BHPian

Damn! Called up Jai Motors in Chennai for booking a Kawasaki 650 and they said booking amount is 40,000/- and delivery will be in 6 months

However booking of Ninja 300R is open and I can get delivery of the bike in 2 months. Speculated on road price of 3.8 - 4 lakhs Thats only 1.5 lakhs cheaper than the 650.

I guess the 300R is a much more sporty bike than the 650. But am totally dissappointed with the huge waiting times, apparently they opened the booking just a week or so back and all the booking for the current slot is already over.

Goes to show how good the bike is and at reasonable prices.

P.S. Does anybody know how I can get the bike much faster???
Old 10th April 2013, 16:29   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
However booking of Ninja 300R is open and I can get delivery of the bike in 2 months. Speculated on road price of 3.8 - 4 lakhs Thats only 1.5 lakhs cheaper than the 650.

P.S. Does anybody know how I can get the bike much faster???
xtremeshock,
the 300 seems to be a very attractive package. However it may be too track focussed and may lack the creature comforts the 650 delivers. so touring will be a little easier on the 650, comfort wise. the 300 is now launched for 3.5 lakhs. I'd love to get one.

For the 650, you could try calling dealers from smaller cities, there may be fewer people in the queue at those dealers, and your wait may be shortened. In any case, with the monsoons barely a few months away, waiting a few months doesn't seem like such a bad idea. Unless you plan on a lot of riding in the wet season.

PM if you need an introduction to the Belgaum PBK dealer, I picked up my 650 from them. Alternatively, try your luck at the nearest regional dealers around you.
sriku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:50   #486
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Have booked the Kawasaki 650 yesterday

Waiting list 3, Jai Bajaj - Adayar get only 2 bikes / month and apparently a distributor in Pune is in-charge of distributing the bikes to all the dealers in India.

Tamilnadu has the maximum amount of bookings for Kawasaki 650.

Did not book through Belgaum because I am just pure lazy, I would have just kept postponing the booking. Plus the added expense of transporting and insurance.

The flipside was that they made me sign a form that they will deliver the bike only after 180 days
Old 12th April 2013, 22:36   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Hey Guys,

Have booked the Kawasaki 650 yesterday

Waiting list 3, Jai Bajaj - Adayar get only 2 bikes / month and apparently a distributor in Pune is in-charge of distributing the bikes to all the dealers in India.

Tamilnadu has the maximum amount of bookings for Kawasaki 650.

Did not book through Belgaum because I am just pure lazy, I would have just kept postponing the booking. Plus the added expense of transporting and insurance.

The flipside was that they made me sign a form that they will deliver the bike only after 180 days
I had the same problem. Long wait period and i just cant wait. So picked a pre worshiped 6 months and 1200 kms young ninja 650. and im loving it!
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 03:09   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
I had the same problem. Long wait period and i just cant wait. So picked a pre worshiped 6 months and 1200 kms young ninja 650. and im loving it!
Ahh, so finally you get time off from riding your new acquisition.
Would love to hear your experience with the 650 vis-a-vis the quarter liter Honda. Specially the in-city riding.
Old 14th April 2013, 10:30   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post

Would love to hear your experience with the 650 vis-a-vis the quarter liter Honda. Specially the in-city riding.
I opened a new ownership thread which is now in the assembly line. I reported the post and waiting for it to appear in the regular thread again. You'll see my experiences, reviews and mods in that thread. Loads in line :-D
Old 14th April 2013, 14:04   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post

The thread has been moved. Heres the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...en-goblin.html
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:36   #491
BHPian

Ok guys, Good News!

Have just got a call from Jai Bajaj, saying that my bike has reached them and I can make the payment and take the bike. I have asked them that I will make the payment on Monday or Tuesday since I have to arrange for finances and documents.

I wanted to know how do I go about Insurance and can someone suggest me any company which is good for particularly Kawasaki?

Also what would be the approximate Insurance cost? and can I transfer the NCB of my R15 which is currently with me to this bike?
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:10   #492
Senior - BHPian

I am so near/tempted to booking the Ninja 650.

Went to inquire about the Ninja 300 at Probiking, Meerut, yesterday. Was informed that the bike would be unveiled at Meerut on 05.05.13 at 1pm. They told me the price breakup on the 300 as - Ex showroom 3,56,500/-+ Road Tax 25,460/-+Insurance 8,900/-= Rs. 3,90,860/- on road. Waiting period 2 months for delivery was quoted.

Inquired about status of 650. They told me that if I wanted a 2012 manufactured bike it could be made available in a week's time direct from the factory. Also for a 2013 manufactured biked they assured me a maximum waiting period of 1 month, which normally they say is 4 months. Price breakup was - Ex showroom 5,08,441/-+Road Tax 35,591/-+Insurance 10,828/-= Rs. 5,54,860/- on road. Advance wanted was 1 lac. If I went for Bajaj financing the quote was 1,18,095/- downpayment; Financed amount was 4,44,000/-. EMI for 24 months was 22052/- and for 36 months was 16030/-. This was on On-road price of 5,54,860/-+300 Hire Purchase on RC. It also included 1.5% processing fee of 6660 and 275 as stamp paper.

Tempted, but I may go for the cash down route. Stuck between this and the HD Iron 883 for which I got a quote of - Ex showroom 6,71,000/-+Road Tax 59,010/-+ Insurance 14,389/-= Rs. 7,44,399/- or road from Capital Harley, Delhi (Superlow is Rs. 6,34,421/- on road). But I want a bike which I can get serviced locally and don't have to worry driving over potholes.

So its a near decision pending.

PS- BTW they informed me that they are giving free insurance and cash discount on KTM 200, total amounting to about Rs. 5,000/- off, if anyon'e interested.

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd May 2013 at 15:17.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:42   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
If I went for Bajaj financing the quote was 1,18,095/- downpayment; Financed amount was 4,44,000/-. EMI for 24 months was 22052/- and for 36 months was 16030/-. This was on On-road price of 5,54,860/-+300 Hire Purchase on RC. It also included 1.5% processing fee of 6660 and 275 as stamp paper.
Just curious. Do you have any idea what documents would bajaj financing need.
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:07   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post

This is what they had asked me for when I was looking for financing options:-
1. Address proof
2. ID proof (drivers license)
3. 2 passport photos
4. PAN + Income tax statements for the past year.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:45   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Yes, if in personal name, they would require -
- 2 Photos
- Voter ID Card as Photo ID proof
- Proof of residence - Electricity Bill/House Tax bill
- ITR of 2 years
- 6 month Bank Statement

If in name of my company, they required -
- Copy of TIN no.
- Electricty Bill of my factory
- Firm's Bank Statement
- Certificate of Incorporation (as it is Ltd. Co.)
- ITR 1 year
- Balance Sheet 1 year

Hope that helps...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks