Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2011, 23:06   #346
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I got to ride this bike yesterday, as my friend who booked it about 2 months ago got delivery about a week back.

The bike felt and handled quite well and it was truly a great experience. I do not recollect when was the last time I ever rode a bike, but this was great to ride.

The only thing I found really disappointing was the exhaust note, which never exuded any feeling of being on a sports bike. 1 on 10 for that.
Was it the 2012 model that you rode? Does it feel very different from the 2011 model?

I like muted exhaust notes. I think they are more comfortable for daily commutes and touring. And that is what this bike is meant to do.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:28   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
Was it the 2012 model that you rode? Does it feel very different from the 2011 model?

I like muted exhaust notes. I think they are more comfortable for daily commutes and touring. And that is what this bike is meant to do.
No. It was the existing model. The 2012 is not yet up in the market. Probiking also said they will call me as soon as they get info on when bookings resume or the new one comes.

The only thing about the exhaust note was that it felt like any other regular utility bike. Though it was a little louder, but still it lacked the appeal
thedreamcatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 10:38   #348
BHPian

I'd visited the pro-biking showroom in ahmedabad yesterday. Dealer has no clue of the 2012 model. They also went ahead and said that I can make a booking anytime and only then will they consult Pune on delivery schedules. This is contrary to the information of closed bookings that I have been reading on various forums.

Their display 650 it seems has been sent back to pune, might have been restored and delivered to a buyer.

I will wait for another month and more information on the 2012 before putting in the booking amount. Am also glued to this thread for more info :-)
Old 26th November 2011, 00:36   #349
BHPian

why did this month's Zigwheels put the FE figures at 35 kpl on the highways? Didn't seem like a typo, so wondering why this misleading figure from Adil Jal Darukhanawala if everybody else is saying 17 kpl? What is the truth?

I asked one of my friends and he is getting figures of 23 kpl on the highway riding at above 90kph most of the times...

Is it possible to buy it in Hyderabad and keep it in Bangalore? the price difference is almost a whopping 80 K!!
Old 26th November 2011, 10:23   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
why did this month's Zigwheels put the FE figures at 35 kpl on the highways? Didn't seem like a typo, so wondering why this misleading figure from Adil Jal Darukhanawala if everybody else is saying 17 kpl? What is the truth?

I asked one of my friends and he is getting figures of 23 kpl on the highway riding at above 90kph most of the times...

Is it possible to buy it in Hyderabad and keep it in Bangalore? the price difference is almost a whopping 80 K!!
Has to be an error. There is no way the 650 can deliver that kind of FE unless it is ridden below 80kays. Couple of my friends have the 650 and they claim an average between 17-21kmpl but at speeds hovering at 140kmph and above.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 19:48   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should not be a problem if you buy in Hyd and use it in Bangalore unless you are stopped by RTO asking for Road Tax. On the contrary if you have to sell the bike, you might find a tad hard because of the documentation work that is required.
Old 27th November 2011, 20:55   #352
BHPian

I called up the Probiking dealership in Dehradun yesterday to enquire about the bookings. He told me that the same shall open sometime around 2nd week of December. He dint know whether it'll be the 2012 model that'll come on sale this time around though. Like someone mentioned above, the previous display bike has been removed from the dealership hopefully to make way for the new model.
Personally, I think I'll wait for the Auto Expo to finish off before I put the moolah down as I hear the Monster 795 is making an entry into the country at about Rs. 5-6 Lakhs. Also, the rumor mills are churning out news of the CBR 600F and the GSX 650F being on display at the Expo with a possible India launch. Fingers crossed though I must admit Im still tempted to book the Ninja asap.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 22:19   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Has to be an error. There is no way the 650 can deliver that kind of FE unless it is ridden below 80kays. Couple of my friends have the 650 and they claim an average between 17-21kmpl but at speeds hovering at 140kmph and above.
Yeah, I know you are right. Just got hold of the mag now and am keying in whatever they have printed:

highway: 36 kpl
city: 25.5 kpl
overall: 28.1 kpl

and they are saying the Range in full tank is 435.5 km (as tested)

So, I wonder who tested this bike...must be a TVS 50 rider?
I need a bike as an alternative to my car when I do distances of more than 2000 km. For that, it will help if this bike can take me 900-1000 km in a day at ease. I have done about 850 km in a day on my bullet, but that took me 17 hours when the Blr Pune road was not made (2005 Jan). I will be happy with FE figures of 20 kpl on the highway because am not gonna use this bike for daily commuting.
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 10:26   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For that, it will help if this bike can take me 900-1000 km in a day at ease. I will be happy with FE figures of 20 kpl on the highway because am not gonna use this bike for daily commuting.
Why don't you look at the efzee if budget is not a constraint, my bike regularly delivers 18-20 on the highways with a speed of around 130 to 140's. Comfortable seating, no stress on the arms as it has a relaxed posture. You have the Honda CB/Suzuki Bandit in the same region. Duc's not quite sure on their plight in Bangalore.
Do check out the HD if you want a relaxed cruiser but be careful around the GC.

Last edited by ku69rd : 28th November 2011 at 10:29.
Old 28th November 2011, 10:30   #355
BHPian

umm, budget is a constraint even for the 650 i gotta take permission from my wife, who is already angry with two Enfields sitting in my garage and my other auto-related expenses...
Old 8th December 2011, 07:44   #356

Mine gives about 19 - 20 @ cruising at 125 kph. Cannot go above that yet. Just crossed 1000 kms. ProBiking says up to 6000 revs max up to 1600 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
King Condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 16:10   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

bblost- great review mate! I completely missed this- surely it belongs in the Official Reviews section- and am only here because GTO suggested the Ninja 650 to Shubz as a cure for his mid-life crisis

Am not a bike person but the review is very clear and I was able to relate to all of it. Total non-bikehead comment from me: I think the green looks awful and some colour options would have been welcome (what's wrong with good ole black!)
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 17:28   #358
BHPian

As per one of the blogs, the Ninja is expected to be launched in 2012 model only in April 2012, with pricing remaining same as earlier. The link: Kawasaki Ninja 650 bookings reopen

But, Why April?
Old 19th January 2012, 17:39   #359
Senior - BHPian

Pricing could remain same because of heated competition. Triumph has two models in 5.5 lacs range. Another 50K will get you a Ducati M795.
Launch is delayed because bajaj is concentrating on Duke 200 launch. I read on xbhp that a duke 690 can be launched in the month of may. IMO Bajaj will concentrate more on KTM bikes than kawasaki because they have close to ~39% stake in KTM.
Old 19th January 2012, 22:36   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Total non-bikehead comment from me: I think the green looks awful and some colour options would have been welcome
Believe me noopster, thats the trademark color which stands out in the crowd of vehicles and turns heads on the roads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks