Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 15:51   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Check
I was offered a loan for as less as 10.5%
And when was this? Did internal combustion engine exist in those days?

Just kidding - things have gone horribly wrong with loans and interest rates in last few weeks. It would be awesome if this number is valid today! If yes, even I will book a 650R - in black.

BTW, any chance this bike can do 30/35 kmpl? Otherwise, EMI will be just tip of an iceberg...

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 17th June 2011 at 15:52.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:47   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Aditya,Doubtful if we have this ROI prevailing even now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
And when was this? Things have gone horribly wrong with loans and interest rates in last few weeks. It would be awesome if this number is valid today! BTW, any chance this bike can do 30/35 kmpl?
I am not sure if BoI is still doling out loans at 10.5% interest. Best to approach the bank and find out.

This figure was quoted to me (on paper) last feb (2010) when i was in the market for my ninja. I did quite a bit of research and the average stood at 14% from other banks and institutions. It was a festive offer and even post that period the interest was just 11%. Far better than any others in the market.

Regarding FE, IMO, the 650R would deliver around 18kmpl. Stay below 100k's and you can expect the FE to hover at the 25kmpl mark. This is not a HH Splendor so dont expect it to be economical when it comes to fuel bills. Plus, regular maintenance also will be expensive. One must consider not just FE, but cost of maintenance and insurance and repairs too. Accidental repairs can cost a bomb so plan well. On bikes like this, its easy to land a nice fat repair bill.

Just to give you an idea, my ninja 250 delivered a little over 30kmpl during running-in (limited to 85kmph) and post running in, the worst i have got is 23kmpl and best 27kmpl.

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th June 2011 at 16:50.
Old 17th June 2011, 18:16   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Aditya,
Doubtful if we have this ROI prevailing even now? One of my Colleague approached BOI for a car loan and he was told a floating of 11.5% which i felt is no good. ICICI offered him fixed 12% which sounds much better, atleast you have the peace of mind that its not gonna increase
12-14% still sounds bearable. 18% shocked the living daylights out of me.

The SBI fellow here offered me a loan against an F.D for 1% over the F.D rate (i.e 10.25% in total).
If I had 3 lakhs to put in an F.D, why would I ever take a loan and bear the huge interest costs?
Old 17th June 2011, 18:27   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
12-14% still sounds bearable. 18% shocked the living daylights out of me.

The SBI fellow here offered me a loan against an F.D for 1% over the F.D rate (i.e 10.25% in total).
If I had 3 lakhs to put in an F.D, why would I ever take a loan and bear the huge interest costs?
Well that was for the car loans not quite sure if they bracket car & bike loans under the same umbrella. BMW gives 0% interest for car loans
Old 17th June 2011, 22:33   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
. What height person is it good for? Like a TBird is awesome for the taller folks, while an RTR may be more suited for shorter folk.
Phamilyman,

I ride one of the variants here in Dubai often. I am 5.5' and am really comfortable with the seat positioning

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 03:52   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Hi BlackPearl,
I'm silently following your thread and nice to know that you are enjoying your machine .
Hows the sound compared to the stock exhaust , the yoshimura trc carbon slipon looks and sounds great ( Youtube ).
It will be great if u can get some snaps as well as the video .
cheers !
Quote:
For Sure, please do upload a video at your convenience. Would be keen to hear to her roar with the mods. The Standard output was more like a high pitched eliminator exhaust note (my 2 cents of observation and no offense please).
Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Hi BlackPearl,

The red 650R also has a set of clip-on handlebars. Can we get your review of the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
The bubble fairing on the 650R looks a little out of place, maybe because of the head lamp design. Do the post the exhaust sound!
Here is the video that I took today. You can the handlebars also. The handlebars foul with the windscreen on full turns.

Old 18th June 2011, 05:12   #217
Team-BHP Support

Posting the pics of my bike and my colleague's bike side by side, so that differences are clear. You can see the difference in seating angle due to the sports handle bar in the red bike. I rode the red bike today and it felt very different. The steering felt very heavy on the bike compared to mine, but it definitely felt sportier.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-5.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-3.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-4.jpg  

Old 18th June 2011, 08:16   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Here is the video that I took today. You can the handlebars also. The handlebars foul with the windscreen on full turns.
Now makes my belief stronger that the stock is much better than with slip ons, would that mean nobody makes decent slip ons? Or do we resign to the thought that we ought to live this considering that its a twin cylinder?
Old 20th June 2011, 10:46   #219
BHPian

Folks...

I've just had a visit to the Probiking showroom here in Ahmedabad. Reviewed the bike (unfortunately wasn't carrying a camera). I am sold for it and have a plan to have it in my hands early next year.

Here is some information which might be useful to prospective buyers. The loan information is not finalized as yet and I will post the final numbers once I get it from them this week.

Cost:
Ex Showroom; 4.57lac
On Road in Ahmedabad: 500100lac

Loan:
Booking Amount: 50k
Down-payment approx: 1.4lac (negotiable to lower if need be)
Rate of Interest:10.9% (on a 1.4lac DP)

Service:
Average service costs: Anywhere between 2-3k

As the review suggests, the bike is just perfect for city rides and touring. The single seat is a boon for pillion riding. Finish is top notch, panels fit like a glove. The bike's overall size is decent. Its not huge or overpowering like the Hyosung but more sedate. It wont shout out loud in a crowd but will surely make a strong presence.

The saree guard and number plate housing are ugly and should be removed before it leaves the showroom.

Last edited by lionell : 20th June 2011 at 10:48. Reason: spell check
Old 20th June 2011, 14:39   #220
gou
BHPian

Nice review, rated 5 stars. Ninja - 650cc - around 5 lacs on road - full service support, make my mouth watery.

Would like to know if somebody did the TD on wet roads and dusty or sandy roads. These two are instances when I find my R15 losing its grip on the road.
Old 20th June 2011, 19:04   #221
BHPian

regarding the finance part... i saw today at one of the Bagga Link's showroom a banner posted inside the showroom mentioning 9.99% interest rates on bikes.
9.99% Pulsar,Ninja (and one of their other brands).... specifically mentioning Pro Biking showroom.. (thats all i could make cuz i was passing by the showroom, so i can't quote specific wordings. but the message was definitely this)
i guess Ninja will include the 650 as well... ?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th June 2011 at 23:03. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 00:18   #222
Team-BHP Support

My colleague removed the sports bar and installed the stock ones after he took a ride on my bike. He is saying that the stock one is a lot more comfortable with pillion, but of course it is not sporty.

Quote:
Now makes my belief stronger that the stock is much better than with slip ons, would that mean nobody makes decent slip ons? Or do we resign to the thought that we ought to live this considering that its a twin cylinder?
I am not sure if it can be attributed to twin cyclinder, because Ducati makes twin cyclinder bikes which are very sporty .
Old 21st June 2011, 10:39   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I am not sure if it can be attributed to twin cyclinder, because Ducati makes twin cyclinder bikes which are very sporty .
Would not the CC & Exhaust Port timings matter as well? Along with the details of silencer bend?
Old 21st June 2011, 18:40   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Just kidding - things have gone horribly wrong with loans and interest rates in last few weeks. It would be awesome if this number is valid today! If yes, even I will book a 650R - in black.
Cheers!
Who told u that it was available in black ?!
I booked it last week and the only option mentioned was green.

Yesterday I spoke to the Vashi probiking guy and he mentioned that Bajaj finance is offering loan at the interest rate of 7.5%, though I'm not sure about that.
U do the maths.
Loan amount 3,58,800
Duration 3 yrs
EMI - 12,500/-

BTW, the 6 page booklet / brochure they are giving, has the 650r on the last 2 pages and back cover, detail of the 250 on page 3 & 4 and the ZX6R on the front cover and first 2 pages !! Is Bajaj trying to give us a hint !!!

The tank does not have scoops for the clip-ons and I feel it would be difficult to make sharp turns with these.

Last edited by bikefreak : 21st June 2011 at 18:50.
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:20   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
last 2 pages and back cover, detail of the 250 on page 3 & 4 and the ZX6R on the front cover and first 2 pages !! Is Bajaj trying to give us a hint !!!

The tank does not have scoops for the clip-ons and I feel it would be difficult to make sharp turns with these.
Think some of us would wait for that then! The price guess should now begin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks