Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 16:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Looks like not too many people are interested in the Bonneville. Perhaps its because it resembles an RE too much

I'd love to lay my hands on the Bonneville. Awaiting prices - me thinks from the prices mentioned here, it must be around 5.7L on road? Can't think of it right away cause me plonked some money on the CBR but would love to visit a Triumph showroom sometime later. I've not even visited the Ducati, Harley showrooms here in Bangalore.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:29   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I'd love to lay my hands on the Bonneville. Awaiting prices - me thinks from the prices mentioned here, it must be around 5.7L on road?
No no no. In Bangalore, a bonneville will cost:
550000 ( Estimated ex-showroom)
66000 (12% Road Tax)
15000 (Approx Insurance)
5000 to 10000 (Approx delivery charges including bribe amount paid to RTO officer)
------------
~INR 640000
I believe 12% road tax is highest for a two wheeler in india.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:57   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Nothing in specific to the Daytona, they might a year after the launch, but these are speculations and for a SBKing person the calls are impulsive, do you want to wait that long for a price drop?

See the Daytona in flesh and you'll land up buying it , it has the BEST LOOKING and the MOST BALANCED FAIRING when compared to any other SBK around.
Torquedo i am all set to put the money on the table and was just waiting for the expo to get over. I just read ur post and wanted to clarify, it does not hurt to save some money if you can.. i actually loved the bike even before triumph planned to launch here but i did not want to go the direct import way.

I have ridden the bike in London and absolutly loved it. My choice was a under 1ltr bike and the only two options were cbr 600rr and daytona and then honda brought the 600F. So Daytona won hands down for the sports bike and Harley super glide custom for the cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
A Daytona at 7 Lacs is an awesome deal and is really VFM IMO. Most of bhpians were speculating that daytona will come at 10+ lacs.
No other manufacturer is offering a bike closer to a daytona even at 9-10 Lacs. Probably we may have some competition to Daytona a couple of years later but you gonna rule till that time
VFM was never a concern, the concern was about the product but like i said if you can save something you can atleast ask. The other companies can provide with bikes in a similar range but the question is will they and frankly to wait till they decide to bring something in the same range would be a waste of time and a gamble to take.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:25   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
VFM was never a concern, the concern was about the product but like i said if you can save something you can atleast ask.
I completely agree with savings part.

Other manufactures may provide a similar product at a more competivitive price but it may take some time - probably some years.
I am sure its not dillogical to wait and save some thousands when you can buy a red hot super sports bike at just under 8 lacs.

A couple of months ago i heard about triumph when i saw a daytona on a comparo on youtube. I was very much impressed with its looks. Its just gorgeous.

But i am inclined towards a street triple because of its everyday usability and i felt happy to hear that triumph may consider lowering prices but you never know what could be the actual prices on these models when they are launched.
I have already started saving. But i am doubtful whether my savings can fetch me a street triple or not.

A question - Can we buy these sportsbikes through CSD (Army Canteen)?

Last edited by djay99 : 11th January 2012 at 22:28.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really dont think so, never seen colonels or majors on a daytona 675 or street triples
I think the most you can get from canteen is a good C or D segment car, i would be glad if am wrong but never seen a R1 or Busa from a CSD.

I particularly liked the Daytona 675, its a sweet sounding inline 3 and in our country where people expect only vroom sound from the exhaust, this would definitely turn heads.

It would be less than 8 L OTR, a good sports bike, no vibrations, thrilling acceleration and top speed and for those who can stretch the budget from a Ninja or hyosung GT - this or the street triple is a very good choice.

I would be interested in how Honda prices the CBR600F now.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree with savings part.

Other manufactures may provide a similar product at a more competivitive price but it may take some time - probably some years.
I am sure its not dillogical to wait and save some thousands when you can buy a red hot super sports bike at just under 8 lacs.
I think the competition would lower prices or bring lower cc bikes at the earliest, so that theu dont loose out. Even if someone waits i dont think you would loose out unless these are introductory prices and later it would rise.

Quote:
A couple of months ago i heard about triumph when i saw a daytona on a comparo on Youtube. I was very much impressed with its looks. Its just gorgeous.
i like its performance too.

Quote:
But i am inclined towards a street triple because of its everyday usability and i felt happy to hear that triumph may consider lowering prices but you never know what could be the actual prices on these models when they are launched.
I have already started saving. But i am doubtful whether my savings can fetch me a street triple or not.
The street triple is a daily comutor but somehow the headlight nit given looks alienish to me. These are the launch prices of the bike and depending on the state, their taxes would be applicable. So for bombay i presume the 5.50 price would be 6.50 lakhs. Daytone would be around 8 lakhs on road
Dont worry i was in the same boat as am no longer allowed bikes at home but did save for a Fatboy and realised i can have two bikes for the price of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99,2642910
I wish we could.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The street triple is a daily comutor but somehow the headlight nit given looks alienish to me. These are the launch prices of the bike and depending on the state, their taxes would be applicable. So for bombay i presume the 5.50 price would be 6.50 lakhs. Daytone would be around 8 lakhs on road
2010/11 street triple with two round headlights looked better than current one.
Triumph says they borrowed this design from speed triple but a single big round headlight with a single projector looks beatiful IMO.

If i can afford, i will be buying this bike in bangalore and road taxes are highest in karnataka for bikes too at 12%.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:58   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2010/11 street triple with two round headlights looked better than current one.
Triumph says they borrowed this design from speed triple but a single big round headlight with a single projector looks beatiful IMO.

If i can afford, i will be buying this bike in bangalore and road taxes are highest in karnataka for bikes too at 12%.
I think like the Bonville or the Ducati monster head light would have suited better for the street triple.

The 12% road tax would really put a dent in the pocket. In your case i think its better to wait and see when Triumph reduces the prices to bring one home.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think like the Bonville or the Ducati monster head light would have suited better for the street triple.

The 12% road tax would really put a dent in the pocket. In your case i think its better to wait and see when Triumph reduces the prices to bring one home.
Twin headlights may have good illumination for doing faster speeds.

If i buy one - i will think of changing headlight. Triumph must consider a red coloured street triple as it looks best in red, just like a red monster and a red street triple R.

Any idea what could be general maintenance costs and spares costs of triumph models? as buying is a one time affair and maintaining is for life time.
I read that spares cost a bomb in UK and USA.
Old 12th January 2012, 14:54   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Looks like not too many people are interested in the Bonneville. Perhaps its because it resembles an RE too much

I'd love to lay my hands on the Bonneville. Awaiting prices - me thinks from the prices mentioned here, it must be around 5.7L on road? Can't think of it right away cause me plonked some money on the CBR but would love to visit a Triumph showroom sometime later. I've not even visited the Ducati, Harley showrooms here in Bangalore.
I would have loved owning a Bonneville, especially because it looks like a Bullet

But IMHO Street Triple a much superior vehicle for an extra 25K. And I like the alien headlights Thus Bonneville is no longer in my consideration set.
Old 12th January 2012, 16:26   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
I would have loved owning a Bonneville, especially because it looks like a Bullet

But IMHO Street Triple a much superior vehicle for an extra 25K. And I like the alien headlights Thus Bonneville is no longer in my consideration set.
For a price difference of 25K over the Bonnie, the Street is a steal, there have been discussions on the headlights, I agree, the Ducati, Old Hyosung GT650 shaped headlights would have looked better, but guys, IMHO, this should be the last thing on our mind while we sign the dotted line.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 12th January 2012, 18:09   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
For a price difference of 25K over the Bonnie, the Street is a steal, there have been discussions on the headlights, I agree, the Ducati, Old Hyosung GT650 shaped headlights would have looked better, but guys, IMHO, this should be the last thing on our mind while we sign the dotted line.

Happy Motoring !!
If you look at other side of it then Street triple will be unique in india with that twin headlight setup. Does any triumph models come with DRL?

Can some one throw light on maintenance and spares cost?
Imported spares come with a heavy price tag and all i want to ensure is whether i can handle the heaviness (price) or not

@Torquedo,
How were the quality levels, fit and finish of street triple in auto expo?
Looks like you have almost finalized on buying Street triple.

Last edited by djay99 : 12th January 2012 at 18:20.
Old 12th January 2012, 18:41   #118
BANNED

Quote:
If you look at other side of it then Street triple will be unique in india with that twin headlight setup. Does any triumph models come with DRL?

Can some one throw light on maintenance and spares cost?
Imported spares come with a heavy price tag and all i want to ensure is whether i can handle the heaviness (price) or not

@Torquedo,
How were the quality levels, fit and finish of street triple in auto expo?
Looks like you have almost finalized on buying Street triple.
djay99 -

The headlights look good and as I stated earlier, this should not deter anyone from going for the Street, if someone comes up and tell's me that he is going for the Street due to the headlights, he'll have it from me .

Now on the Fit, Finish of the street, there is just one word that describes it, IMMACULATE.

I had a close look at the size of the suspensions on the Street and the Speed, they were exactly the same, the external dia and stuff.

The fuel tank size on the Street and Speed is of the same volume, though though, look wise it looks far better on the Speed, looks BIGGER and sports a more sportier fitting.

On the purchase part -

I have bought the Optra (Oktober)and the Figo (April) in 2011, so Street at this point in time seems tough, I am actually looking for a pristine SBK (older ones are also OK with me) or the Black CL500, if it has to be either the SBK or CL5 it'll be right at the onset of the next financial year, might use it for 2 odd years, gather some dough and go for the Street then.

The best part is RE's don't erode value wise, a 1.5L RE at this point in time would be 2L by 2014, so selling it @ 1.1L would not be tough, which can be well utilized for the next upgrade.

Happy Motoring !!
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 14:30   #119
BANNED

BTW one friends close friend from Delhi is claiming that he got the dealership in Delhi and can get me good discounts on my choice of Triumph bike, as per him no need to wait for 4-5 months it will happen in coming few days.
Dont know how true is that but excited if it happen i'll lay my hands on STriple in coming few days.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 15:35   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
BTW one friends close friend from Delhi is claiming that he got the dealership in Delhi and can get me good discounts on my choice of Triumph bike, as per him no need to wait for 4-5 months it will happen in coming few days.
I read on various auto magazines that Triumph is yet to setup a facility to assemble CKD units.
Based on your friends words it looks like triumph gonna surprise us as they did with their pricing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks