Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 15:58   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
BTW one friends close friend from Delhi is claiming that he got the dealership in Delhi and can get me good discounts on my choice of Triumph bike, as per him no need to wait for 4-5 months it will happen in coming few days.
Dont know how true is that but excited if it happen i'll lay my hands on STriple in coming few days.
Wow, if this really is true (no offense), then Triumph has really been very busy behind the scenes!
Old 13th January 2012, 16:17   #122
Senior - BHPian

Triumph will have three outlets, one each in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore with a fourth possibly coming up in Chandigarh during the next few months. In three years, the company is hoping to set up at least 10 to 12 dealerships through the franchisee route.

Source: Business Line : Companies News : Triumph Motorcycles will hit the Indian road in 6 months
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 17:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post

The best part is RE's don't erode value wise, a 1.5L RE at this point in time would be 2L by 2014, so selling it @ 1.1L would not be tough, which can be well utilized for the next upgrade.

Happy Motoring !!
Dont really agree with this.

I am on my second bullet - saying that to let you know that I do appreciate them. Now coming to the point. IMHO a bullet's unusually high resale value is driven by two factors:
- Lack of non-sporty (Pulsar, Karizma) bike options for those who can afford better bikes
- Production issues at RE leading to very long wait lists

Both these points are likely to be addressed in the 2-3 years.

Another issue, specific to current 500 classics is that many mechanics dont love them and consider them to have inferior builds. So these wouldnt have the nostalgic appeal of cast iron, funky 4 gear bullets. This is a contentious point though.

Overall, I wouldnt count on an appreciation of your bike bought now.
Old 13th January 2012, 17:34   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva
Dont really agree with this.

I am on my second bullet - saying that to let you know that I do appreciate them. Now coming to the point. IMHO a bullet's unusually high resale value is driven by two factors:
- Lack of non-sporty (Pulsar, Karizma) bike options for those who can afford better bikes
- Production issues at RE leading to very long wait lists

Both these points are likely to be addressed in the 2-3 years.

Another issue, specific to current 500 classics is that many mechanics dont love them and consider them to have inferior builds. So these wouldnt have the nostalgic appeal of cast iron, funky 4 gear bullets. This is a contentious point though.

Overall, I wouldnt count on an appreciation of your bike bought now.
Jalva -

We are going off track here, but just to clarify a few things -

In India, anything, mark my words, anything that goes out of production becomes priceless, there are endless examples, an RD in 2005 was 35K odd for a second oversize, today sleeved are being sold at 1.25L.

A newly purchased commodity (bikes and cars) would never appreciate from the purchase price, what I said was, it (RE) would depreciate at a slower rate.

The above said was in context of using the money (after selling the RE) for the next upgrade.
Old 13th January 2012, 17:43   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jalva -

In India, anything, mark my words, anything that goes out of production becomes priceless,
Torquedo,
Not everything would be an apt example for your statement. For instance the Fury was actually much more ground breaking during its time. The first bike to be launched with Disc & Self Starter but then what is its value today? RD, Bullet, Jawa, Lambretta, Bajaj 150/cub/priya are an exception along with a few others.

Did not mean to challenge but do not think we can make a generalized statement about old cars.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:00   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Jalva -

Sorry for going big time off topic. We do have our views so now let us focus on Triumph!
Old 13th January 2012, 18:44   #127
BHPian

What amazes me is that why Triumph did not have SCRAMBLER in their lineup???
With on/off roading capabilities its one of the best bikes for Indian road conditions
Old 13th January 2012, 23:23   #128
BANNED

See the Scrambler in Sarjapur Outer Ring Road Bangalore, not sure imported and owned by someone or Triumph is testing the bike in India as seen many bikes been tested in that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
What amazes me is that why Triumph did not have SCRAMBLER in their lineup???
With on/off roading capabilities its one of the best bikes for Indian road conditions
Old 14th January 2012, 14:37   #129
BHPian

@Ajaybiz i'd give the benefit of doubt to the srambler as a test edition...
Any imported bike in BLR i guess by now it'd have appeared in spotted section of T-Bhp
Old 19th January 2012, 17:06   #130
Senior - BHPian

For assembly plant location, Ashish joshi said - Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu look promising as locations. Proximity to port will be one of the parameters for the assembly plant. They will finalize this by early february.
IMO they are considering Mumbai or Chennai or even Pune (near to mumbai).

“After identifying the location, we would begin training of the people and streamline operational requirements,” he added. "Moreover, homologation of bikes to be brought in the country takes six to seven months so we will be ready by October."

I feel triumph gonna launch its bikes in the month of August or september.

Last edited by djay99 : 19th January 2012 at 17:07.
Old 19th January 2012, 17:24   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
@Ajaybiz i'd give the benefit of doubt to the srambler as a test edition...
Any imported bike in BLR i guess by now it'd have appeared in spotted section of T-Bhp
Not necessarily.

In fact, more than 50% of the imports in Bangalore are always hidden away. They would have seen the light of day, perhaps once. But as far as I know, more than half the imports haven't been spotted and documented here in Bangalore.

And that goes for bikes, as well as cars.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, I believe there are a few Triumphs in Bangalore that were imported privately. While some were brought down sometime in between 1990-2000, some are pretty old and generally make appearances at Vintage car & bike rallies.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th January 2012 at 17:26.
Old 19th January 2012, 23:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In India, anything, mark my words, anything that goes out of production becomes priceless, there are endless examples, an RD in 2005 was 35K odd for a second oversize, today sleeved are being sold at 1.25L.
There was in even add for 2.25 .( in classifieds itself) .

yeah but who's buying ?,when it spends more time in garage than on road and need a mechanic as your friend always .

The more I see ,the more I am liking the DAYTONA . Wish triumph also knocks out 1 lakh on their price tag as introductory offer .
Hope Triumph replicates harleys growth in INDIA .

Last edited by black12rr : 19th January 2012 at 23:35.
Old 20th January 2012, 04:02   #133
BHPian

according to triumph the prices are GUIDELINE prices, don't be surprised if the daytona 675 gets a price of 7.90L exshowroom delhi when launched..

Last edited by Berj79 : 20th January 2012 at 04:03.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:11   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
according to triumph the prices are GUIDELINE prices, don't be surprised if the daytona 675 gets a price of 7.90L exshowroom delhi when launched..
Berj79 -

What made you come up with a figure of 7.9L?

If they are planning for such tactics then the brand image will take a beating for sure.

Guys any information on the launch and pricing, other than what has been confirmed thus far?

Happy Motoring !!
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Berj79 -

What made you come up with a figure of 7.9L?

If they are planning for such tactics then the brand image will take a beating for sure.

Guys any information on the launch and pricing, other than what has been confirmed thus far?
Pricing may change in the range of +/- 10K to 20K but not more than that.
I have a strong feeling that triumph may reduce pricing of all models in the range of 10 to 20K. I am imagining this because of currency fluctuation. They have announced pricing when INR is very weak. They might have factored stregthening of INR. Things will definitely change in a span of couple of quarters and there is a scope of INR becoming strong.
The above words are purely based on my limited knowledge of curreny market. I am expecting Street triple to cost some where around 5.5L

@Torquedo,
Location for Triumph's assembly plant will be decided by first week of february. They may take a couple of months to setup the plant and i hope they start assembling their hot bikes by may end. So we should be seeing them launched in the month of July or August 2012. Eagerly waiting to see their teekha models in flesh

Last edited by djay99 : 23rd January 2012 at 15:32.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks