Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 21:43   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post

Seeing a report of about 250,000 bikes to be churned out of the Indian plant, they definitely are not going to be all Bonnevilles & Daytonas, but surely to keep the cash registers ticking the majority of the bikes are going to be small capacity high sales volume bikes. And with some reports of small capacity Triumphs being spotted testing in UK & Spain and speculations on a possible 250/350, I am sincerely hoping they will have a good offering of bikes at affordable prices for Indian bikers.

From what I heard , the plant is not even 10 % complete and how are they going to click here .
Old 21st July 2012, 06:49   #182
BHPian

Ok. So i sent them an email inquiry about when they're coming to India and blah blah. So this is the (late) reply I got yesterday:

"Thanks for your email and interest in Triumph Motorcycles. We are currently working on dealer appointments, the range line up and pricing for India which will be the subject of further announcements closer to the time of our launch which we expect to be early in 2013.

Best regards

India Enquiries

Triumph Motorcycles Limited
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BS
United Kingdom"
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:15   #183
Senior - BHPian

Early 2013 launch is indeed slow and sad. They were planning initially for a diwali launch. Prospective customers will be disappointed with this news.
Old 24th July 2012, 18:25   #184
BHPian

This delay certainly opens up the possibility of a all new 2013 Daytona being offered. Some consolation!!! Will need to put the money set aside for the bike into short term fix deposit
Old 1st August 2012, 16:54   #185
BHPian

Another delay in Triumph's launch. Now they are set to launch only in 2013. Their website is updated with same information as narula123.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:55   #186
Senior - BHPian

Triumph has removed prices from its website. It looks like actual prices will be atleast 6 to 10% more considering that rupee has fallen a lot.
Zigwheels reports that Ninja 650 will be launched at 5.8 lacs exshowroom an increase of over 1.2 lacs over 2011 model.
Old 16th August 2012, 20:17   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Any news about their showrooms and bookings? June is almost ending and July they were suppose to start booking.
One of your friend was trying for a dealership in Delhi? Did he get it?

Any update about bangalore dealership?
Old 26th September 2012, 21:54   #188
Senior - BHPian

Further delay by Triumph:
http://www.business-standard.com/ind...ayed/187839/on
They were planning for a tie up with existing dealers but now planning to go solo.

Edit: MR Simon Carter, Spokesperson from Triumph said - We are now actively planning to launch in India during early quarter-two, 2013.
They are still negotiating with karnataka govt authorities for land. Looks like land is not allotted.

Last edited by djay99 : 26th September 2012 at 22:00.
Old 21st October 2012, 13:24   #189
BHPian

Has there been anymore news regarding this?

Also if they do launch by Mid 2013( As some websites have mentioned), would they be bringing the facelifted 2013 models or the outdated models to India?

I was pretty determined to get the Ninja until I saw the Street Triple, and needless to say it blew me away.
Old 21st October 2012, 22:39   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsh11 View Post
I was pretty determined to get the Ninja until I saw the Street Triple, and needless to say it blew me away.
Forget Ninja. The Ninjas we have here are all twin cylinders. If Ninja is what you are keen on, then get a ZX10R. Else, get Street Triple. It sounds closest to inline-4s and therein lies its charm. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone by my strong personal opinion which refuses to look at anything other than inline-4s.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 23:27   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Forget Ninja. The Ninjas we have here are all twin cylinders. If Ninja is what you are keen on, then get a ZX10R. Else, get Street Triple. It sounds closest to inline-4s and therein lies its charm. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone by my strong personal opinion which refuses to look at anything other than inline-4s.
Technically even ninja 650R is inline-2s . But i think he is talking about legal bike , Zx10R is not available off the shelf , neither is steet triple going to hit streets any time soon . He is left with 650 !
Old 21st October 2012, 23:36   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Technically even ninja 650R is inline-2s . But i think he is talking about legal bike , Zx10R is not available off the shelf , neither is steet triple going to hit streets any time soon . He is left with 650 !
Well I'm going to be patient till May/June next year, and if the S-Triple isn't launched by then I'll give up and go for the Ninja.
It's kinda sad how India is neglected by most of these bike manufacturers..
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:02   #193
BHPian

Delays or no delays, Triumph is the only manufacturer trying to actually ease the burden for the customer by going the CKD route. Even mainstream manufacturers like Honda and Yamaha are not bothered as they are still convinced there is no market for it. I can tell Triumph is trying to reach out to a wider audience whose pockets are'nt that deep but would still desire to own a legendary motorcycle. So cut them some slack guys and stop banging your heads about it. It is not the easiest of tasks to set up a shop in India.

Besides if you must have a bike now go for the N650 and sell it when Triumph finally gets in. Their resale values are still quite high and maybe you could sell it for the same rate you bought it for...may be.
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:10   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsh11 View Post
Well I'm going to be patient till May/June next year, and if the S-Triple isn't launched by then I'll give up and go for the Ninja.
It's kinda sad how India is neglected by most of these bike manufacturers..
Well in other 6 months , I suggest you accumulate some more green papers and go for Yamaha FZ1 directly .No need to upgrade again and again , 150 horses will be very good .
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:48   #195
BHPian

I can't extend my budget that far.
Anyway, I just wish Triumph the best of luck in their endeavors in India. Hopefully other manufacturers would follow suit when they see the market potential. It's all about waiting now, patience is key.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks