Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
No. There is no Robot.

Some days back i had posted following text on team-bhp:

I got a mail from Triumph the next day:

Hey Dhananjay,

Just saw your post on team-bhp and had to smile. It’s just coincidence that the site was updated after the Livemint / Indiancarsbikes articles.

We haven’t made any announcements and won’t until we are certain of getting a quality launch and being able to supply bikes to customers which will be later this year. This note is really to say thanks very much for your continued interest and support on the forum!
Are you saying, TRIUMPH is active on T-BHP as well??
Old 10th March 2013, 23:32   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Are you saying, TRIUMPH is active on T-BHP as well??
Yes Shubz. They are active and silently reading our messages.
I was surprised to see that they could link my tbhp id and my email address (i had emailed them earlier). This shows that they are reading our messages and probably using as inputs.
Old 11th March 2013, 15:13   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Shubz. They are active and silently reading our messages.
I was surprised to see that they could link my tbhp id and my email address (i had emailed them earlier). This shows that they are reading our messages and probably using as inputs.
By now they must know they have two SUREshot customers in djay and shubz from/in Bangalore among thousands more.
Old 11th March 2013, 16:31   #319
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Relevant and hence this post.

Ran in to the Triumph ME Regional Sales team in the Triumph dealership here in Dubai in the recent past. The owner of the dealership (NRI) quietly mentioned to me that one of those guys (a Brit) was in the South East Asia until he was moved to the ME Team. So I tried engaging him in small talk leading to India.

Though he pretended he did not know anything about India plans and refused to answer even hypothetically, in one of the converstaions he mentioned that the "Bangalore Elevated Highway" and the GQ was a fantastic infrastructure asset for Bangalore".

Though I didn't corner him with that, its obvious that he has been on the Elevated Expressway and was impressed by the GQ, would mean that he has been on the Hosur route and something is brewing there with Triumph.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 16:51   #320
BHPian

Hi fellow T-bhpians,

On March 9th, 2013 some of you would know that I made the following comment regarding Triumph motorcycles enquiry replies - "You know something schitre05. I sent Triumph Motorcycles a mail enquiring in more detail about the Bonneville. I got this exact same reply via email. Could it be possible that all mail from India is replied via a automated reply robot?"

Today morning I received the following communication from Triumph motorcycles and I know some of you would have also received the same following mail-

Hi chaps,

It’s the ‘robot’ here!! Just wanted to say sorry for the stock email response.. we do get a lot of enquiries and cannot respond to each one individually right now. They do get read and acted upon when we can.

Thanks again for staying interested. Activity is ongoing and stepping up towards our coming launch. Not too long to go now!

Best regards

Triumph India
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BS
United Kingdom

I would now like to take this opportunity to first apologize to the concerned people at Triumph motorcycles if I said anything to hurt their feelings.

Secondly, I applaud their effort in following their plans for entry into India with such seriousness. The fact that they are keeping track of the comments of their enthusiastic market is a positive step towards expecting very good relations and experience with Triumph.

And lastly, I would like to add my name to the list of definite Triumph motorcycle owners and appreciate the company's efforts in their plans for India.
bharat.joshi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 20:23   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat.joshi View Post

Hi chaps,

It’s the ‘robot’ here!! Just wanted to say sorry for the stock email response.. we do get a lot of enquiries and cannot respond to each one individually right now. They do get read and acted upon when we can.

Thanks again for staying interested. Activity is ongoing and stepping up towards our coming launch. Not too long to go now!

Best regards

Triumph India
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BS
United Kingdom
This lights up so many hopes that was simmering for a long time, yet again! Aren't we glad that this forum is in the purview of the iconic Triumph?!

Proud to be a T-bhian!
Shubz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 17:31   #322
BHPian

Hi, I live part of the year in the US and bought myself a Triumph Bonneville there last year. It's a used 2006-year 790cc basic black carb'ed Bonneville and an absolute blast to ride. Coming from an Enfield Bullet background, I felt at home on the Bonneville very quickly. It's a breeze to flick around & weave through the urban streets of New York City, as well as having the required oomph to power through the high-speed US expressways. It's completely stock at the moment, and once I add a few mods this month, I'm looking forward to some added power & deeper/louder sound Anyways, I've been following Triumph's attempts to enter India very closely. I'm hoping once they do it quickly (please, please!) so I can pick up a T100 or a Scrambler in India so I can blast around my native Himalayan twisties when I'm over here.

Attached pic of my black Bonnie alongside a vintage Triumph Daytona and a pair of old BMW airhead boxers, Brooklyn, NY.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_0541.jpg  

grplr02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 22:58   #323
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on Triumph launch or dealership @ Bangalore?
Old 3rd April 2013, 11:00   #324
Senior - BHPian

According to Bikewale, Triumph has confirmed that they will launch in India during the third quarter of this year (2013).

Here is the link to the article - shared by Ajaybiz.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 12:39   #325
BANNED

Dream for Triumph Street Triple or Tiger 800 along with BMW F650GS again started as endless wait wait and wait
Lets see who is able to sell me their bike first
Old 5th April 2013, 16:54   #326
Senior - BHPian

Finally you will see that triumph will start accepting bookings in the month of September-2013. They still have lot of challenges and i am not sure if they will be able to launch earlier than Sep-13. Another 5+ months to go for ST.
Old 9th April 2013, 22:10   #327
Senior - BHPian

Following is an email i received from triumph:

Hope things are good with you? We are launching in Quarter Three this year, likely late in the quarter, with still a few hurdles to jump before we can officially confirm the launch. What I can say is that there is a whole load more activity going on right now that will soon lead to us being able to communicate publically.

Really is not long to wait now.. hold on in there!
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 09:42   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Following is an email i received from triumph:

Hope things are good with you? We are launching in Quarter Three this year, likely late in the quarter, with still a few hurdles to jump before we can officially confirm the launch. What I can say is that there is a whole load more activity going on right now that will soon lead to us being able to communicate publically.

Really is not long to wait now.. hold on in there!
This really complicates things for me. I was all set for Duke 390 but now if ST is going to come in this year then I might as well wait.

But I wonder if they are going to bring in their models as CKD or CBU. If it is CBU what do you think could be the price for ST? Any guesses?
Old 10th April 2013, 10:49   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
This really complicates things for me. I was all set for Duke 390 but now if ST is going to come in this year then I might as well wait.

But I wonder if they are going to bring in their models as CKD or CBU. If it is CBU what do you think could be the price for ST? Any guesses?
Good to see that you are considering ST.
Triumph cannot bring ST, Daytona & Bonneville as CBU as these bikes have a cubic capacity < 800. So they have to come as CKD. Only intial lot of these bikes will be CBU (limited numbers).
Regarding pricing - its a tough guess as things have changed after triumph announced guideline prices last year.
You can expect an ex-showroom price around 6L for ST. The competition is increasing in the middle weight section and i am sure triumph will price ST, Bonneville & daytona competetively as these are the models which will sell in good numbers.
Old 10th April 2013, 13:30   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to see that you are considering ST.
Triumph cannot bring ST, Daytona & Bonneville as CBU as these bikes have a cubic capacity < 800. So they have to come as CKD. Only intial lot of these bikes will be CBU (limited numbers).
Regarding pricing - its a tough guess as things have changed after triumph announced guideline prices last year.
You can expect an ex-showroom price around 6L for ST. The competition is increasing in the middle weight section and i am sure triumph will price ST, Bonneville & daytona competetively as these are the models which will sell in good numbers.
Personally I am ok for that price range. But as you put it right "competition" is something that Triumph would surely look into - OR - it being an iconic brand (like HD's) - so those who want to be associated with the brand would anyway do so.

Hope they come up with some sops for this initial bunch of desperado's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks