Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:16   #451
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
BTW Triumph Motorcycle India page on facebook is asking about pillion ride with your choice of Triumph, i think bikes will be hitting the showroom in next month time at-least for display and test ride( as a pillion :( )
I have given my wish for street triple and Tiger 800XC.
Whoa! How could I miss that post?! Thanks Ajay - i just updated mine too - with the same choice as yours!

Ok - if you read the message (which I did again) - they say - who would you want to take as a pillion.

Last edited by Shubz : 22nd August 2013 at 15:17.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:17   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW Triumph Motorcycle India page on facebook is asking about pillion ride with your choice of Triumph, i think bikes will be hitting the showroom in next month time at-least for display and test ride(as a pillion :(
IMHO, i think Triumph is trying to garner attention and eyeballs and generate some hype, given that they went off the radar when the interest levels were high.

Has there been a dealer appointed or identified? No concrete news on their plans and approach. Totally disappointing and makes me think they might go the Ducati way if this is not well thought and planned out.

Unless there is an official launch I won't get my hopes high about seeing their bikes, let alone riding on them even if it's on the pillion seat.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:23   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
IMHO, i think Triumph is trying to garner attention and eyeballs and generate some hype, given that they went off the radar when the interest levels were high.

Has there been a dealer appointed or identified? No concrete news on their plans and approach. Totally disappointing and makes me think they might go the Ducati way if this is not well thought and planned out.

Unless there is an official launch I won't get my hopes high about seeing their bikes, let alone riding on them even if it's on the pillion seat.
I am sure they are very VERY well aware of the Ducati situation in India. You may be right that they are trying to grab some eyeballs given the fact that folks have been beating them up on FB for non-reply, non-confirming etc.

Dealers Identified or not - we mango people do not know. but if you read carefully (between or above or under the lines) - they would have. Very tight lipped about it though.

and to reiterate - they have NOT mentioned the ride as a Pillion.
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:12   #454
Senior - BHPian

The dollar is now at 65. It was 45 when they announced their innaugural indicative prices.

The pound is now past the century mark. It was sub 80 when they announced the innaugural indicative prics.

Not a good time to be looking at anything not made in India, and that's the bitter truth.
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:12   #455
BHPian

I wish Triumph well in India.
Funny how people bash them for every post on FB asking the same questions: "when are you launching" "Stop this nonsense and launch your bikes first" etc etc.

I am sure 95% of these rather angry fans aren't going to buy or book anything when they eventually launch their products here in India. I'd rather let Triumph take their time and do a fantastic job here in India than have them launch early and then go the ducati route. Yes, i know they were supposed to come in last year and I am sure they have their reasons for the delay. All you folks who have been waiting this long, wait a little longer guys. November isn't THAT far away. Those bikes are definitely worth waiting for.

Worst case, they do not launch in November, there are always KTMs, Harleys, Kawasakis, used indian invoice SBKs, Brand new Indian invoiced SBKs, old junk expensive RD350s etc etc.

Cheers!
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:24   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
I wish Triumph well in India.
Funny how people bash them for every post on FB asking the same questions: "when are you launching" "Stop this nonsense and launch your bikes first" etc etc.

I am sure 95% of these rather angry fans aren't going to buy or book anything when they eventually launch their products here in India. I'd rather let Triumph take their time and do a fantastic job here in India than have them launch early and then go the ducati route. Yes, i know they were supposed to come in last year and I am sure they have their reasons for the delay. All you folks who have been waiting this long, wait a little longer guys. November isn't THAT far away. Those bikes are definitely worth waiting for.

Worst case, they do not launch in November, there are always KTMs, Harleys, Kawasakis, used indian invoice SBKs, Brand new Indian invoiced SBKs, old junk expensive RD350s etc etc.

Cheers!
Well said wolfy! As I mentioned in one of their posts "Hats off to Triumph guys to take so much from the crowd and yet maintain the composure"

On a personal note [To ebonho] - I don't have too high a hope of any "attractive pricing" by Triumph going by the way Rupee is riding!

So already looking at the Kawasaki's and the Harleys through the corner of my eye.

<Fingers crossed>
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:34   #457
BANNED

Not sure but yesterday it was there "as pillion rider" may be edited later on, good move at least compared to what BMW is doing.
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:16   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW Triumph Motorcycle India page on facebook is asking about pillion ride with your choice of Triumph, i think bikes will be hitting the showroom in next month time at-least for display and test ride( as a pillion :( )
I have given my wish for street triple and Tiger 800XC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Whoa! How could I miss that post?! Thanks Ajay - i just updated mine too - with the same choice as yours!

Ok - if you read the message (which I did again) - they say - who would you want to take as a pillion.
Ajay & Subz,

I can accommodate you as pillion on a Bonnie, if you like , any time I am in B'lore.

Seriously, I don't know why they are doing it this way, as in places outside India the dealers do let you have the bike (with suitable guarantee like you car left with them) for couple of hours at least.

May be as Adithya said a ploy to keep the attention on the boil

Best regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:12   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Seriously, I don't know why they are doing it this way, as in places outside India the dealers do let you have the bike (with suitable guarantee like you car left with them) for couple of hours at least
Because we take it. We've been so starved of options for exciting bikes at a reasonable price point for so long, that we'll take anything a dealer dishes out, however irrational.

'Launch' all over the news but the real launch nowhere in sight?! No problem! People will still defend the brand for doing us a favour and at least announcing the launch!

Launch the bike but offer 'test rides' only to people who have already booked the bike! No problem! We'll praise the manufacturer for at least magnanimously doling out 1-2 test bikes per city!

Sell more bikes than you can possibly hope to maintain with your service infrastructure or can possibly even QC properly before they leave your factory?! No problem! People will still pay tens of thousands as a 'booking' amount and endure ridiculous waiting periods just for the 'honor' of getting what they basically paid for in the first place!

Charge 500 bucks for a test ride? Allow potential customers to only 'rev the bike' in the showroom before taking their hard earned money for booking? Why not?! The bike will still sell. I wouldn't be surprised even if a manufacturer really does come up with this concept of 'only test ride as a pillion'. People will still flock to the showroom and buy the bike with just that much.

We keep telling ourselves that the 'customer is king', but in reality, the 'branding' concept has won over so many people so effectively, that the seller rules always.

Sorry about the rant guys. But that's the sad truth.

Last edited by am1m : 23rd August 2013 at 11:22. Reason: Adding rant
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:10   #460
Senior - BHPian

I updated Triumph Facebook post with my choice as Street Triple and Rocket III

Couple of days back i saw a new facility being setup next to BMW showroon on hosur road. Any info guys?
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:49   #461
BHPian

If Triumph India is following this post, here are a few suggestions to them.

Although we have a lot of 'superbikes' being officially sold in India, the japanese, italian & german bikes are being bought- not sold! Therefore, I will follow the Harley example, which has always been a great marketing story anywhere in the world.

1. Harley, inspite of its glorious brand image, heritage and all that stuff, took one step at a time in India and made sure it spoke in the language of a potential Indian customer.

2. They worked backwards starting with an attractive price on the model they perceived would be the bread & butter (Sportster) and then gradually worked their way on the other models also being assembled in India.

3. They offered (and I guess still do offer) demo rides to potental customers ensuring the whole experience is a stepping stone to cementing that final crucial purchasing decision of the buyer.

4. Personally, I may not be a Harley faithful, but one thing that has impressed me most in Harley's entry into India is that 'superbikes (or lets call them big engined bikes)' which were predominantly the toys of the richie rich class in India, the least expensive Harleys are now within the reach of the employed class in relative terms, I mean.

5. Harley still remains in the limelight sponsoring biker events and other rides, so they are never out of sight, out of mind!

6. Though to a lesser extent, Bajaj (Kawasaki) has also done a great job with the Ninja 650 and if you call the performance segment- the (KTM) Dukes.

7. Ducati did have a wonderfully priced entry level monster, but their horrible choice of a wrong 'luxury goods' importing agent finally ended damaging Ducati's reputation as well as customers faith in India very soon after their entry. Today, they are relegated to an 'also ran candidate' in India.

Triumph sure has a rock solid brand name, reputation, wonderful mix of models for most, if not all tastes. Besides, there are far greater classic/vintage Triumphs in India than Harleys, so the Triumph brand name has always been in the background in some way or the other, as against the Harley lifestyle that has entered India thru Hollywood movies and the globalization of businesses etc. INSPITE of all these strengths that Triumph possesses, for its long term success in India it will have to play according to the Indian requirements and not take the Indian buyer for granted. Infact, many are already at the edge of their patience levels with all the delays and "very soon we will have some news for you" announcements since the Expo in early 2012.

Atleast a small arsenal of demo bikes mainly comprising of the Bonnevilles, STs and Daytonas have to be put out liberally as initial investment. I know the rupee is presently going crazy, but Triumph will have to come up with some very attractive 'introductory' pricing by probably absorbing the currency hit as part of the initial investment expenses....

I dont know when, but my heart is set on a bonneville as a second bike. I am also guessing there are the following types that may want a Bonneville:
  • First time owners(not necessarily 'bikers') wanting the least expensive Triumph
  • Returning riders in their mid 40s or 50s who have been away from biking due to family and other committments, but now have some time & savings to spend on a bike and want a bike that is fun to ride and not too fast or heavy or not overloaded with tech gizmos
  • Simple touring affectionados who need a reliable bike with decent power.
  • Those that crave for a RE, but dont mind spending a few more lacs for the feel of a 'big' bike and more importantly getting a more RELIABLE bike
  • Those that once rode the RD350 and want one again, but prefer to compromise on a 'sober' Bonneville parallel twin that needs less time & attention for maintenance
  • Shorter riders and lady riders
  • Lastly some Sportster riders who may not exactly have been happy with the feel of that bike and want to try a different bike
I hope Triumph's entry into India is not delayed further since their slogan says "Go your own way", I hope they mean its on a triumph and not on something else

Last edited by Haroon : 23rd August 2013 at 18:51.
Haroon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 22:48   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
If Triumph India is following this post, here are a few suggestions to them.
Haroon,

Excellent suggestions and I second every things you said. If the get things right I am sure they will best the HD in every department, as in spite of the flavor being "American" these days, there is serious biking community, who knows - for performance it has to be European - at least in Motorcycles (whilst acknowledging the functionality of the Japs).

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 01:06   #463
Senior - BHPian

Triumph India folks seem to be someone from Bangalore or they are somewhere near Bangalore. Check out the location info on their FB page.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130825_010625.png
Views: 1651
Size:  104.7 KB
Old 25th August 2013, 10:11   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
I dont know when, but my heart is set on a bonneville as a second bike. I am also guessing there are the following types that may want a Bonneville:[list]
[*] Simple touring affectionados who need a reliable bike with decent power.
[*] Those that crave for a RE, but dont mind spending a few more lacs for the feel of a 'big' bike and more importantly getting a more RELIABLE bike
Well said sir!

Yup, I am also interested in the Bonneville cause it will hopefully be the cheapest Triumph on offer. And also, I'd love a relaxed bike - owned the RE but much, much more reliable!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 10:30   #465
Senior - BHPian

Triumph Bonneville gets mild updates for 2014

Link to News Section

The iconic Bonneville, an entry level motorcycle in British motorcycle marque Triumph's portfolio, has gotten an update for the 2014 model year. The motorcycle gets a slew of cosmetic changes and new colours for 2014.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-2014-triumph-bonneville.jpg

Here's a list of the changes that the 2014 Bonneville comes with,
  • Redesigned exhaust system
  • New tank decals
  • 3 Refreshed colours: Black, Silver, White and Blue
  • Machined cooling fins on the engine block
  • Solid black paint finish for the oil cooler lines
  • Redesigned seat with a focus on improving comfort
  • Grab rail for the pillion

The motorcycle retains its 865cc parallel twin, air-oil cooled engine without any changes. This four stroke motor outputs 67 Bhp of peak power at 7,500 rpm while the peak torque of 67 Nm comes in at 5,800 rpm. This engine is mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox while fuel injection is standard. 17 inch alloy wheels and disc brakes at both ends are also part of standard equipment.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-vimal-sumbly-astride-triumph-bonneville.jpg

The Bonneville is expected to be launched in India during November 2013, with the motorcycle taking the CKD assembly route into the country. Triumph is in the process of setting up a CKD assembly facility at Manesar, Haryana. Mr Vimal Sumbly, the recently appointed Managing Director of Triumph India, was spotted astride a Bonneville in the United Kingdom.

Other Triumph motorcycles that are said take the CKD route into India are the Street Triple 675, the Daytona 675 and the Speed Triple 1075. Triumph will also launch three other motorcycles in India. However, these motorcycles (Tiger 800XC, Storm and Rocket III) will be imported through the completely built unit (CBU) route.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-vimal-sumbly-astride-triumph-speed-triple.jpg

The British motorcycle maker is looking at a land parcel near Bangalore, in Karnataka, to start a full fledged manufacturing facility. The manufacturing facility will cater to both the Indian market as well as exports. A 300cc small capacity global motorcycle, with a high amount of local content, could be the major product to roll out from Triumph's Indian factory.

Until this new facility at Karnataka is ready, Triumph is expected to assemble motorcycles at the Manesar assembly unit. Triumph is yet to announce dealership details for the Indian market.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 27th August 2013 at 10:32. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks