Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 16:31   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Come November, Triumph Motorcycles, all of 111 years old, is set for a launch in India, but not in time for Diwali.

Triumph, which had announced its entry in the New Delhi Auto Expo last January, has been dogged by delays that culminated in the unexpected resignation of its then MD Ashish Joshi earlier this year.

Vimal Sumbly, managing director, Triumph India, who was drafted in from Bajaj Auto, said the delay has enabled Triumph get its act together in India. “We will hit the ground running. Sales, service, spares, accessories, and financing — everything will be available from day one,” he said.

The first phase will see showrooms in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Delhi.

Triumph is seen as a rival to the iconic US bike-maker, Harley Davidson, which turned 110 this year. But Triumph’s range — cruiser, adventure, roadster and classic slated for the first phase of rollout — will pit it against other companies including Ducati, BMW and the Japanese quartet of Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Susuki.

What about pricing? “I can’t give details,” Sumbly said flatly. “But I can assure you that it would be very competitive for such premium bikes.”

The smaller bikes would be assembled in the company’s Manesar plant, while the bigger ones such as the Rocket 3 and Thunderbird would be direct imports. The company is also setting up a plant in Karnataka.

Summing up, Sumbly said: “We are not about ‘brand’ and ‘icon’ and all those things. We are about riding. If you are a biker and want a bike that will bring out your full potential, I would say, buy Triumph.”
“We will bring our own Diwali,” he added.

Source: Hindustantimes
Old 28th October 2013, 17:06   #557
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
The first phase will see showrooms in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Delhi.
Sad to see Pune not on the list. Guys from the above cities, please keep us updated with news and photos etc. Hope this is it!
Old 28th October 2013, 17:09   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Sad to see Pune not on the list. Guys from the above cities, please keep us updated with news and photos etc. Hope this is it!
This seems to be it, doc. The last I got to know, things are almost finalized. Just need to cut the ribbon, raise the curtain. From the looks of it, folks who book - will not be made to wait and count days. The news of which may have spread across other manufactures (wouldn't dare name them for the fear of earning Moderators wrath for Off-topic discussion) - the others seem to be pulling up their socks too! (good news for fans of both the brands)!
Old 28th October 2013, 17:13   #559
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
This seems to be it, doc. The last I got to know, things are almost finalized. Just need to cut the ribbon, raise the curtain. From the looks of it, folks who book - will not be made to wait and count days. The news of which may have spread across other manufactures (wouldn't dare name them for the fear of earning Moderators wrath for Off-topic discussion) - the others seem to be pulling up their socks too! (good news for fans of both the brands)!
Chalo at least you were kind enough to narrow it down to two manufacturers.

I wonder what odds a bookie would offer to an Indian biker in the performance segment guessing the identity ......
Old 28th October 2013, 19:50   #560
Senior - BHPian

To the one's that are really wanting to book, I think it is a good idea to go to Aadya Motors on ORR and book one.

Hope I don't get beaten up for spreading this!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 22:14   #561
BHPian

Any Clue who the dealer in Hyderabad is?
Old 29th October 2013, 11:18   #562
Senior - BHPian

So my guess is nobody has actually 'booked' a bike. And most probably the dealers friends circle would be getting first priority :(.

Waiting for Nov 28th then, was looking at a Speed Triple but if its a CBU then it will go over 10lakhs, Street Triple R it is.
Old 29th October 2013, 12:05   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
So my guess is nobody has actually 'booked' a bike. And most probably the dealers friends circle would be getting first priority :(.
Wrong and Right.

Wrong: Cos I know of someone who has actually "booked"
Right: Apart from the one I know, the others are friends and relatives.

Old 29th October 2013, 12:38   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wrong and Right.

Wrong: Cos I know of someone who has actually "booked"
Right: Apart from the one I know, the others are friends and relatives.

Worst fears coming true then. Because I've been trying to get any information on booking to no avail. I really really hope that I can get a first lot bike, the thirst to ride has been killing me.
Old 29th October 2013, 12:55   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Come November, Triumph Motorcycles, all of 111 years old, is set for a launch in India, but not in time for Diwali.
This is an old interview and after reading this i had contacted Triumph only to receive the standard reply of " We will get back to you shortly." Its been a couple of months since and still they do not respond with the dealer list..just say wait for the 28th of november.

Quote:
Worst fears coming true then. Because I've been trying to get any information on booking to no avail. I really really hope that I can get a first lot bike, the thirst to ride has been killing me.
Your not the only one..have a Cheque ready but looks like Triumph does not want it yet. The person who is claimed by a few to have the Bombay dealership says they have applied but nothing confirmed as yet.
Old 29th October 2013, 12:58   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Your not the only one..have a Cheque ready but looks like Triumph does not want it yet. The person who is claimed by a few to have the Bombay dealership says they have applied but nothing confirmed as yet.
How can Triumph claim to accept orders by dealers and start deliveries on Nov 28th when they still don't have dealers finalized yet?
Old 29th October 2013, 13:04   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How can Triumph claim to accept orders by dealers and start deliveries on Nov 28th when they still don't have dealers finalized yet?
I am sure they have the dealers finalised but have asked the dealers and they themselves are being tight lipped about it till the launch. I heard the Bombay guys had even finalised the showroom space.
Old 29th October 2013, 13:20   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I am sure they have the dealers finalised but have asked the dealers and they themselves are being tight lipped about it till the launch. I heard the Bombay guys had even finalised the showroom space.
Quite surprising! Usually its the other way round. Delhi/Mumbai get more 1st hand information and Bangalore happens to be Tier 2 city for big launches.
Old 29th October 2013, 13:27   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quite surprising! Usually its the other way round. Delhi/Mumbai get more 1st hand information and Bangalore happens to be Tier 2 city for big launches.
Shubz,
You are right, Mumbai dealer is way ahead in terms of readiness compared to the Bangalore Dealer who has not even begun to get off the starting blocks
Old 29th October 2013, 14:01   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well this time Triumph and its dealers have not shared any information. I really wonder why though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks