Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 11:02   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Woops my Bad, you were looking for the Daytona. Apologies for a post which had no consequence
Haha... Wrong again. I was after a Street Triple. :-D
Old 14th October 2013, 18:50   #512
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The camaraderie of my Harley gang in Meerut (now 12 members) is hard to beat and replicate. I would buy my Harley just for that, not to mention the joy, pleasure and peace of mind the brand gives to me on a daily basis...
Dheeraj,

You are spot on. You ask any serious HD owner, this is a most likely answer you get before any of the other answers.

Sir, you are a "HOG" now. Enjoy

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 19:05   #513
BHPian

I would assume that camaraderie would be an inherent trait for any group.

Team-bhp members would show comaraderie whence the topic of its value arises. Bulletteers would have the same .

In the broader sense, bikers themselves have camaraderie no matter what 2 wheels one possesses and whenever a fellow biker seeks collective assistance.

In my opinion, to link it to ownership of HD's is just an extension of one's pride on the brand, but certainly not exclusive to it.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 14th October 2013 at 19:08.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:42   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I would assume that camaraderie would be an inherent trait for any group.

Team-bhp members would show comaraderie whence the topic of its value arises. Bulletteers would have the same .

In the broader sense, bikers themselves have camaraderie no matter what 2 wheels one possesses and whenever a fellow biker seeks collective assistance.

In my opinion, to link it to ownership of HD's is just an extension of one's pride on the brand, but certainly not exclusive to it.
Oh this "My daddy strongest" argument can go on forever. However I do second Dheeraj's post on the "camaraderie" of the HD crowd.

There indeed is a lot of other groups. But I am not sure I know of any that is as organised as this. Having said that, not every HD group may be as organised. There are about 2000 odd HD's in India? perhaps a little more?

Ok to bring it back to the Triumph story -- Does anyone out here know - Aadya motors are supposedly going to be their dealers here in Bangalore? They deal with Ducati too.
Old 15th October 2013, 10:56   #515
Senior - BHPian

The Harley scene is still young in India, unlike in the US. Or the Bullet scene in India.

All this camaraderie and clubs is all well and good in its infancy. When its small. Just a bunch of guys with love for similar bikes getting together to ride.

Then it grows and gets bigger. More guys come in, and still more. More organization. More rules. More regulations. More structure. More hierarchy. New vs old. Senior vs Junior. Politics and factions and groupism. Power struggles for control.

Commercialization as biking and riding becomes just a means to an end and not the end itself. Merchandizing. Annual get togethers with lakhs in advertizing and merchandizing and entry fee revenue. Every tom, dick, and harry into developing and pimping "performance parts" or "customization accessories." Or starting workshops or importing parts at huge markups to captive client bases.

Have seen it all and sorry to say, its left me pretty cynical about this camaraderies, and so-called "brotherhood."

In the end, its always the close friends you make along the way that you ride with. The rest is going to come and go.

Last edited by ebonho : 15th October 2013 at 11:02.
ebonho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 12:31   #516
Senior - BHPian

I just love the Street Triple and the Speed Triple. And am waiting to see them launch in India. My best wishes are with Triumph to succeed in India.
Old 15th October 2013, 13:30   #517
Senior - BHPian

As per what i read somewhere. Triumph says November end the bikes would be seen on Delhi streets. I cannot find any information regarding this on their web site or their Facebook page. The only reply one gets is " we will get back to you shortly". If they were to start selling bikes and bikes to be seen on the roads by November end, the least i would expect is dealer names to be given in the various states or then only in Delhi. Price indications along with Models they would be introducing first to be mentioned. Lets hope they do stick to the November end talks this time round.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:18   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As per what i read somewhere. Triumph says November end the bikes would be seen on Delhi streets. I cannot find any information regarding this on their web site or their Facebook page. The only reply one gets is " we will get back to you shortly". If they were to start selling bikes and bikes to be seen on the roads by November end, the least i would expect is dealer names to be given in the various states or then only in Delhi. Price indications along with Models they would be introducing first to be mentioned. Lets hope they do stick to the November end talks this time round.
Understand what you are saying speedy bro. everything must be happening in the background.

Like I said - they (probably) would be piggy back riding existing service/sales centers (like Aadya Motors in Bangalore) - that's why they are confident about their timelines and still keeping their lips sealed. And pricing - they probably don't want to scare people away even before it is launched.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:39   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Understand what you are saying speedy bro. everything must be happening in the background.

Like I said - they (probably) would be piggy back riding existing service/sales centers (like Aadya Motors in Bangalore) - that's why they are confident about their timelines and still keeping their lips sealed. And pricing - they probably don't want to scare people away even before it is launched.
HAHAHA..maybe your right..but i guess the people would be aware of the price rise after all its been 3 long years from their last price announcement. 5 lakhs would have gone to 9 or 10 now. Thats enough to scare people a bit.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:47   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HAHAHA..maybe your right..but i guess the people would be aware of the price rise after all its been 3 long years from their last price announcement. 5 lakhs would have gone to 9 or 10 now. Thats enough to scare people a bit.
Goddammn speedy!! You already scared away half a dozen people!! lol.

but what you are saying is somewhat realistic (the numbers I mean)

Having said that - many of whom I know, who are waiting eagerly are expecting that the price rise isn't to the tune of what you have mentioned. Have heard people say - I guess 5 lakhs would now be 6 lakhs.
Old 16th October 2013, 04:04   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Goddammn speedy!! You already scared away half a dozen people!! lol. but what you are saying is somewhat realistic (the numbers I mean) Having said that - many of whom I know, who are waiting eagerly are expecting that the price rise isn't to the tune of what you have mentioned. Have heard people say - I guess 5 lakhs would now be 6 lakhs.
I am sort of working on how Honda increased their prices. When my friend bought his white HRC cbr1000rr last year it was 16 something, this year it's 17 (black), 18 ( repsol/white HRC) something and as per the honda showroom when the next batch arrives at Delhi the price will increase to the 20 lakh mark. It's been a 2 lakh increase per year and if we use the same principle for Triumph then it 5 Lakhs + 6 Lakhs increase for 3 years amounting to 11 Lakhs now. I realistically feel since a few Triumphs are Ckd that the 5 lakh bikes would now cost around 8 Lakhs. I do hope my calculations are wrong and the ones eagerly awaiting for the bikes calculation of a one lakh increase is right.

Last edited by speedy : 16th October 2013 at 04:07.
Old 16th October 2013, 11:50   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sort of working on how Honda increased their prices. When my friend bought his white HRC cbr1000rr last year it was 16 something, this year it's 17 (black), 18 ( repsol/white HRC) something and as per the honda showroom when the next batch arrives at Delhi the price will increase to the 20 lakh mark. It's been a 2 lakh increase per year and if we use the same principle for Triumph then it 5 Lakhs + 6 Lakhs increase for 3 years amounting to 11 Lakhs now. I realistically feel since a few Triumphs are Ckd that the 5 lakh bikes would now cost around 8 Lakhs. I do hope my calculations are wrong and the ones eagerly awaiting for the bikes calculation of a one lakh increase is right.
That is so optimistic of you, speedy! For all practical reasons, we know it wouldn't be just a lakh more than what was quoted 3 yrs ago (I hope we are all wrong and it comes out only marginally higher)
Old 16th October 2013, 12:23   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is so optimistic of you, speedy! For all practical reasons, we know it wouldn't be just a lakh more than what was quoted 3 yrs ago (I hope we are all wrong and it comes out only marginally higher)
but increase in duties also have to be factored into calculations and the tendency of Manufacturers to milk the Indian cow (customer in this case) also needs to be factored.
Old 18th October 2013, 22:53   #524
BHPian

Aadya Motors is the Bangalore Triumph dealer

Quote:
Unconfirmed sources say - Bangalore dealership has been given to Adya Motors. (Fiat Dealers) on ORR, Opp Manyata Tech park. Incidentally, they have even taken up Ducati dealership as well.

YES, Aadya Motors is indeed the Triumph dealer for Bangalore. In addition to Ducati they have also recently bought out the Hyosung dealer (located on Assaiah Road, near Ulsoor Lake). So they now have Ducati, Hyosung and Triumph. Each brand will be sold by a separate entity/showroom but all under the umbrella of parent company Aadya Motors.

The Triumph showroom will be coming up at a famous old landmark of Residency Road (Cash Pharmacy) and the service at another location (probably Wheeler Road). The last but not least news is that OTR price of Bonneville in Bangalore will be between 7-8 lacs

Bookings should start second week of November. Deliveries soon after. Yes demo rides may be offered.

So for those of you eagerly waiting, this is all I can give out now. The remaining can be had from Aadya Motors at the right time.

Last edited by Haroon : 18th October 2013 at 22:56.
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 22:55   #525
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Haroon sir. Any prices of Street n Speed Triple?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks