Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2013, 20:03   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Why the thought of 8L and why not 6L for ST?
Please give us some more info on this 8L guessing part

Will you buy ST for 8L?

That will be close to 9.5L on road in bangalore
Short answer. NO. 9.5 is too much for me no matter how ardent a fan I am
Old 24th May 2013, 12:08   #377
BANNED

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

I am more inclined towards practical bikes like BMW GS series, Ducati Multistrada, Aprilia Dorsoduro etc. I think ill be waiting for Triumph Tiger 800 XC instead of Street Triple, keep on posting to put pressure on Triumph management. If not 6 L even 8-10L is also good pricing for the Tiger.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:49   #378
BHPian

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1077975.aspx

Come on now, don't make us wait anymore!
Old 19th June 2013, 11:45   #379
Senior - BHPian

Triumph Motorcycles Registered in Bangalore

Hello Guys,

As some of you may be aware, I am in the process of registering my Bonneville in Bangalore. During my contacts, one of the regional RTO told me that couple of Triumphs are already registered in Bangalore

Was wondering if any of the owners are in this thread or TBHP. Or may be some guys here may have awareness about this.

If so can you please post info here or PM, as I would love to get in touch with fellow Triumphers in Bangalore

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 20th June 2013, 21:29   #380
Senior - BHPian

Found the contacts for one of the Triumphs registered in Bangalore - Thanks to bro Haroon. Its a Scrambler. Hope to touch base with the owner in next couple of days.

Don't know if he is onboard TBHP ?

Best Regards and Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 08:57   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Found the contacts for one of the Triumphs registered in Bangalore - Thanks to bro Haroon. Its a Scrambler. Hope to touch base with the owner in next couple of days.

Don't know if he is onboard TBHP ?

Best Regards and Ride Safe

Ram
Sandeep from RTMC I guess
Old 24th June 2013, 15:08   #382
BHPian

Some positive developments on the 'much awaited Triumph entry into India'. I just found this news today.

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/Luf...-in-plans.html
Old 24th June 2013, 15:25   #383
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Mumbai over the weekend and met a few biker friends from there. AND was shocked to hear some "knowledgeable" guys say "Triumph have kinda shelved their India plans" :-( Not sure of the authenticity of this piece of information though. (Mods - feel free to remove this if inappropriate)
Old 24th June 2013, 18:34   #384
BHPian

Re: Triumph Motorcycles Registered in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hello Guys,

As some of you may be aware, I am in the process of registering my Bonneville in Bangalore. During my contacts, one of the regional RTO told me that couple of Triumphs are already registered in Bangalore

Was wondering if any of the owners are in this thread or TBHP. Or may be some guys here may have awareness about this.

If so can you please post info here or PM, as I would love to get in touch with fellow Triumphers in Bangalore

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Wow congrats bro..

Did you pick up your Bonnie via CBU route ? - Lol never mind, just saw your thread.
Old 24th June 2013, 21:32   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Some positive developments on the 'much awaited Triumph entry into India'. I just found this news today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Had been to Mumbai over the weekend and met a few biker friends from there. AND was shocked to hear some "knowledgeable" guys say "Triumph have kinda shelved their India plans" :-( Not sure of the authenticity of this piece of information though. (Mods - feel free to remove this if inappropriate)
http://www.gaadi.com/blog/2013-trium...ndia-this-year

The company is now planning to assemble CKD or completely knocked-down kits of their popular bikes at their new facility near Manesar in Haryana. They will also eventually start selling the bikes by September but our fingers are still crossed!
Old 25th June 2013, 12:43   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
"Triumph have kinda shelved their India plans" :-( Not sure of the authenticity of this piece of information though. (Mods - feel free to remove this if inappropriate)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
http://www.gaadi.com/blog/2013-trium...ndia-this-year

The company is now planning to assemble CKD or completely knocked-down kits of their popular bikes at their new facility near Manesar in Haryana. They will also eventually start selling the bikes by September but our fingers are still crossed!
All of the above together gives the impression that a rumor I heard about the "Manesar Plant" being a shared "assembly" facility for the like of Triumph/HD/Yamaha Touring Bikes, may be true after all.

As long as the individual manufacturers maintain their own brands spares stock and Dealership network separately, this option, if true, make good economic sense - saves on the big investment costs, especially until such times when sales volumes remain relatively low.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Best Regards & Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 14:32   #387
BANNED

Triumph motorcycles would be better off staying away from India. They cannot succeed here in my opinion. The name doesn't stikes a chord in your heart as HD does. The bikes are ugly. Add to it the fact that we Indians are obsessed with evrything american due to hollywood movies, as such this british marque holds little connect with us Indians.
Old 25th June 2013, 17:20   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Triumph motorcycles would be better off staying away from India. They cannot succeed here in my opinion. The name doesn't stikes a chord in your heart as HD does. The bikes are ugly. Add to it the fact that we Indians are obsessed with evrything american due to hollywood movies, as such this british marque holds little connect with us Indians.
REALLY?
That is a pretty skewed opinion my friend. Triumphs strike more than just a chord in many Indian biker's hearts.
Triumph, please do come. and come fast. Before KTM launch the duke 690 at some crazy un believable price of 4.5L or lesser
Old 25th June 2013, 17:47   #389
BHPian

Quote:
To me HD has no appeal what so ever and on the other hand I am salivating over triumph's range. I guess you have overly generalized with your opinion here.

I would bet Daytona and Street Triple will really sell well here.
Old 25th June 2013, 18:38   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Triumph motorcycles would be better off staying away from India. The name doesn't stikes a chord in your heart as HD does. The bikes are ugly.

It depends on whose heart it is.

Beauty and Uglyness is in the eye of the beholder. For some "diesel water pumps" are more beutiful than "Motorcycles"

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2013 at 16:20. Reason: STRICTLY no insulting remarks or personal attacks please.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks