Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 14:49   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Personally I am ok for that price range. But as you put it right "competition" is something that Triumph would surely look into - OR - it being an iconic brand (like HD's) - so those who want to be associated with the brand would anyway do so.

Hope they come up with some sops for this initial bunch of desperado's
6L ex-showroom is ok ok price considering rupee is beaten down and if they want to sell in good numbers, they need to price their models like Bajaj did. Now the waiting period for N650 is ~ 6 months .
I still think of booking N650 as its really VFM but holding back because of the twin cylinder exhaust note .
Old 11th April 2013, 15:36   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
6L ex-showroom is ok ok price considering rupee is beaten down and if they want to sell in good numbers, they need to price their models like Bajaj did. Now the waiting period for N650 is ~ 6 months .
I still think of booking N650 as its really VFM but holding back because of the twin cylinder exhaust note .
It is good to see the number 6 but considering our great state with highest road tax, then insurance and regn etc - this will easily cross the 7+lakh range which could be a big number for many Indian buyers. But lets wait and watch.

On a side note I am glad that this thread is open and alive again! Thank you Mods!!
Old 11th April 2013, 15:41   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is good to see the number 6 but considering our great state with highest road tax, then insurance and regn etc - this will easily cross the 7+lakh range which could be a big number for many Indian buyers. But lets wait and watch.
Yes a great state with highest road tax and bad roads, pathetic traffic, educated careless riders etc.

Ducati M795 had a price tag of 5.99 L Ex-showroom Delhi. Onroad in bangalore was ~ 7.3 L. Still its a big figure for many indians including myself .
Are you not considering Duke 390 as next upgrade?
Old 11th April 2013, 15:44   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes a great state with highest road tax and bad roads, pathetic traffic, educated careless riders etc.

Ducati M795 had a price tag of 5.99 L Ex-showroom Delhi. Onroad in bangalore was ~ 7.3 L. Still its a big figure for many indians including myself .
Are you not considering Duke 390 as next upgrade?
Shhh djay - don't talk about any other brand here. Lol! On a serious note I have always wanted to get to the 600 range after the 200. the N brand didn't catch my fancy (for its faired)

Just like Duke caught my fancy when news of it launching was in the air - same way Triumph has caught my fancy.

I was seriously contemplating on more cylinders (more than 2)
Old 11th April 2013, 15:55   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just like Duke caught my fancy when news of it launching was in the air - same way Triumph has caught my fancy.

I was seriously contemplating on more cylinders (more than 2)
Ninja 650 is an amazing machine for the price. As you metioned about 2+ cylinders, i always feel a sportsbike must have a boom boom kind of exhaust. This is the reason i started considering ST.
Triumph is taking lots of time just to setup an assembly plant. Just think how many years they may take when they decide to manufacture locally.
I hope Triumph is reading this post and take necessary action/steps for a faster launch.

Last edited by djay99 : 11th April 2013 at 15:57.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:58   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ninja 650 is an amazing machine for the price. As you metioned about 2+ cylinders, i always feel a sportsbike must have a boom boom kind of exhaust. This is the reason i started considering ST.
Triumph is taking lots of time just to setup an assembly plant. Just think how many years they may take when they decide to manufacture locally.
I hope Triumph is reading this post and take necessary action/steps for a faster launch.
Dont tell me you still not sure Triumph "robots" are not knowing what's happening here? They are in no hurry to just jump into the bandwagon and get lost in the euphoria. This is no commuter bike they are planning to launch where mango people of India will go for it like buying mangoes.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:03   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont tell me you still not sure Triumph "robots" are not knowing what's happening here? They are in no hurry to just jump into the bandwagon and get lost in the euphoria. This is no commuter bike they are planning to launch where mango people of India will go for it like buying mangoes.
Hurry? I believe they had planned for a diwali 2012 launch and now they are planning for diwali 2013 launch. One year is a big time. I was working for japenese automobile giant and they did setup a new manufacturing/assemnly plant in an years time.
Here we are talking of an assembly facility and triumph has certainly delayed. I heard that they still don't have an indian ops head.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:07   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hurry? I believe they had planned for a diwali 2012 launch and now they are planning for diwali 2013 launch. One year is a big time. I was working for japenese automobile giant and they did setup a new manufacturing/assemnly plant in an years time.
Here we are talking of an assembly facility and triumph has certainly delayed. I heard that they still don't have an indian ops head.
It sure must have been a genuine reason. bureaucracy or other things. We are talking from consumer perspective. (eager beaver consumers) - they are thinking from setting up a shop perspective - big money.

On a lighter note - I have spent years in Operations (IT, though) - May be I can apply for that position?
Old 11th April 2013, 16:13   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It sure must have been a genuine reason. bureaucracy or other things. We are talking from consumer perspective. (eager beaver consumers) - they are thinking from setting up a shop perspective - big money.

On a lighter note - I have spent years in Operations (IT, though) - May be I can apply for that position?
LOL!

As far as i know the exit of Ashish joshi delayed the entire stuff coupled with karnataka government taking their own sweet time to allocate a piece of land. You know that there was no action for almost 6 months.

Now with D Cameron's team putting some pressure on the indian govt, things are moving.
Old 12th April 2013, 08:38   #340
BANNED

If its coming with price tag of 6L ex showroom I think they have very good market in India as till now we don't have any bike between 600-1000 cc range at this range, Ninja is not considered as proper SBK due to its twin config, rest of the liter class bikes are in 12+ range(I might end up picking used but mint white color limited edition HRC Honda CBR1000RR) even though it's costing me slightly over 7 digit figure. What can be done as none of manufacturers are ready to take the risk of CKD route.
Old 13th April 2013, 01:15   #341
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
If its coming with price tag of 6L ex showroom I think they have very good market in India as till now we don't have any bike between 600-1000 cc range at this range, Ninja is not considered as proper SBK due to its twin config, rest of the liter class bikes are in 12+ range(I might end up picking used but mint white color limited edition HRC Honda CBR1000RR) even though it's costing me slightly over 7 digit figure. What can be done as none of manufacturers are ready to take the risk of CKD route.
Although I am floored by the inline4 sound, the 3 cylinder layout come pretty close. With Triumph exploring the CKD route, i wish to see Suzuki and Honda getting their GSR/GSXR 600 & CBR600F into our shores in 5-7 Lacs ex-showroom. My cash is ready for them.

Abhishek
Old 6th May 2013, 01:07   #342
Senior - BHPian

Re: This Triumph is coming to India Now

Bit tounge in cheek!

Here are some pics of a Bonneville embarking on her trip to India.

Could this be the 1st "New Gen Bonnie" in India ? May be the "Triumph Robot" here in forum can answer that.

She is going to be based in Bangalore. I hope Triumph will speed up whatever they are doing and put some Triumphs on the roads, so that this Bonnie will not feel so lonely with out seeing other members of the same breed.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image0748.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image0752.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-dsc01894a.jpg  

Old 6th May 2013, 01:27   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I hope Triumph will speed up whatever they are doing and put some Triumphs on the roads
It looks like Triumph is still searching for a route to India.

Best of luck with the Bonnie - I will wait for your import experience before I decide to take a motorcycle back home.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:36   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
She is going to be based in Bangalore.
Ram
Ram sir - Glad to know a Triumph will hit the roads of Bangalore first (legally). Hope to catch up with you when you are here.

(The Robot on FB page did mention September though)
Old 6th May 2013, 16:37   #345
Senior - BHPian

Can some kind soul please help out with the weight, 0-100 time, top speed, fuel mileage, and tank range of the Street Triple please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks