Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 16:57   #346
BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Can some kind soul please help out with the weight, 0-100 time, top speed, fuel mileage, and tank range of the Street Triple please?
You can go to the UK website to download the specs for all the bikes. The link is

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/...tion/roadsters

The specs for the Street Triple are

Wet weight - 183Kg
Engine - 675cc Liquid cooled in-line 3 cylinder
Power - 105bhp at 11850rpm
Torque - 68Nm at 9750rpm
Fuel tank - 17 litres
Top speed - 234 kmph
Old 6th May 2013, 17:13   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can some kind soul please help out with the weight, 0-100 time, top speed, fuel mileage, and tank range of the Street Triple please?
Posted on the FB robot page Lets see if anyone replies. Will update if anyone does.

Bharat Joshi - That may not be the same for bikes that would be (detuned) landing here, right?
Old 6th May 2013, 17:33   #348
Senior - BHPian

No mention of mileage (kitna deti hai) and tank range.

No 0-100 time as well, though I'm guessing around 4 seconds.

Thank God for the "crown" over those fugly insect eye headlights.
Old 6th May 2013, 18:53   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Weight - 183KG Wet (2013 Model)
0 to 100KMPH - 3.2 to 3.5 Sec (UK model)
0 to 200KMPH - ~12 Sec
Top speed - 225 KMPH genuine
Fuel Mileage - Around 16-18 KMPL in City and 20KMPL on highways (UK)
Tank Range - 260 to 280KM.

I am sure that the above information is true to best of my knowledge

Last edited by djay99 : 6th May 2013 at 19:00.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 19:39   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Bharat Joshi - That may not be the same for bikes that would be (detuned) landing here, right?
As per whatever info the Triumph 'robot' person has shared the bikes coming to India will have the same settings as the UK versions.

The list of bikes coming to India is on their website which has shown that probably the Bonneville T100 and the Street Triple 'R' version will not come but the standard versions of the bikes will.

You can check out the website here:
http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/

I would like to clarify that the Top speed of 235 kmph which I mentioned was actually for the Street Triple R and not the standard Street Triple. Sorry for that mistake.

Also, all the mileage figures which are being shown are in UK riding conditions and they will be different from the figures in India. As I do not know these figures I did not mention them.
Old 6th May 2013, 21:06   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat.joshi View Post

As per whatever info the Triumph 'robot' person has shared the bikes coming to India will have the same settings as the UK versions.

The list of bikes coming to India is on their website which has shown that probably the Bonneville T100 and the Street Triple 'R' version will not come but the standard versions of the bikes will.

You can check out the website here:
http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/

I would like to clarify that the Top speed of 235 kmph which I mentioned was actually for the Street Triple R and not the standard Street Triple. Sorry for that mistake.
Triumph no where mentioned about settings for indian models.
IMO they will alter some settings - e.g ECU map for our poor fuel quality else we may have to run some of their models with 97octane fuel.

Also there is no difference between ST and STR wrt power and torque. So top speed of STR holds good for ST.

Last edited by djay99 : 6th May 2013 at 21:08.
Old 8th May 2013, 15:59   #352
BHPian

To me Thunderbird Storme looks like a lip smacking proposition over mid ranged HDs. Just wondering the price points at which Triumph would operate !
Old 9th May 2013, 00:41   #353
BHPian

Thank you djay99 for that clarification in the previous post. However your post confused me about one part. Are you saying that all other bike manufacturers like Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha de-tune their superbikes for fuel efficiency before they bring them to the Indian shores?
Old 9th May 2013, 08:58   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat.joshi View Post
Thank you djay99 for that clarification in the previous post. However your post confused me about one part. Are you saying that all other bike manufacturers like Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha de-tune their superbikes for fuel efficiency before they bring them to the Indian shores?
You are welcome bharat. Honda, Suzuki & Yahama do not detune for better fuel efficiency but they do it because of low fuel quality (low octane) available in india.
These bikes have high compression ratio engines and hence require higher octance & un-adultrated fuel.

You can go through following link http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-e...question90.htm which provides information about compression ratios-Octance link.
Old 9th May 2013, 09:29   #355
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Honda, Suzuki & Yahama do not detune for better fuel efficiency but they do it because of low fuel quality (low octane) available in india.
These bikes have high compression ratio engines and hence require higher octance & un-adultrated fuel.
Actually, no detuning/tuning of the bikes are allowed. One of the clauses of import of motorcycles above 800cc is that they meet EU emission control standards. Certificate of conformity to e4 is required at time of import for CBU.

So, all imported bikes are supposed to be in stock EU trim. Most Japanese SBKs are capable of max output with 91 RON. It's only the Europeans and Americans that need 95 RON for max output.

I'm pretty sure the HD's coming to India are tweaked to run on lower grade fuel, don't want to comment if they are circumventing the rules.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 9th May 2013, 09:40   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Actually, no detuning/tuning of the bikes are allowed. One of the clauses of import of motorcycles above 800cc is that they meet EU emission control standards. Certificate of conformity to e4 is required at time of import for CBU.

So, all imported bikes are supposed to be in stock EU trim. Most Japanese SBKs are capable of max output with 91 RON. It's only the Europeans and Americans that need 95 RON for max output.

I'm pretty sure the HD's coming to India are tweaked to run on lower grade fuel, don't want to comment if they are circumventing the rules.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Thanks gthang. Can a bike with 12.6:1 ratio run on 91 RON? I believe it requires atleast 95.
Old 9th May 2013, 10:18   #357
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Thanks gthang. Can a bike with 12.6:1 ratio run on 91 RON? I believe it requires atleast 95.
Welcome.

I'm no expert, but, I dont think that you can make a direct correlation between Compression Ratio and octane rating. Yes, octane rating becomes important for higher CR's, but there are other factors including exhaust emissions and desired power output that determine RON requirement.

For e.g., my CB1000R has a 11.2:1 CR, but is rated for 91 RON in EU trim, but will run fine in as low as 86 RON in US spec. The CBR1000RR is 12.3:1, I believe, and I dont think it needs premium in the US either.

Cheers

Ride Safe
Old 9th May 2013, 14:03   #358
Senior - BHPian

Slightly offtopic - There are so many superbikes (grey and legal) in the country - Wonder if there is any tweaking done on them to run on the quality of fuel available here.

And to Ram sir - who is bringing his Bonnie to India - Wonder if you are doing anything about it to run on the fuel grade available here.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:11   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Slightly offtopic - There are so many superbikes (grey and legal) in the country - Wonder if there is any tweaking done on them to run on the quality of fuel available here.

And to Ram sir - who is bringing his Bonnie to India - Wonder if you are doing anything about it to run on the fuel grade available here.
Most of them use octane boosters when tanking up on the highways.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:17   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of them use octane boosters when tanking up on the highways.
Hope the mods don't get mad at me for pulling the topic away from Triumph

I remember reading somewhere that Octane boosters don't really boost the octane as much as they claim to. (I could be wrong).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks