Old 1st August 2013, 11:13   #421
BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Business Standard syas the production/assembly will be in Manesar

http://www.business-standard.com/art...3100927_1.html
Old 1st August 2013, 11:47   #422
BHPian

Triumph's FaceBook page claims product around November. Expect to see Street Triple,Daytona and Rocket. No word on Bonneville & Thruxton though. I would say bring it on Triumph, it's about time!
Old 1st August 2013, 12:10   #423
Senior - BHPian

Well i would take even this with a pinch of salt, unless they announce dealers I would just not believe their news. They have been making news for all wrong reasons and i hope this is also not one of it.

PS: Tiger XC 800 does look attractive.
Old 1st August 2013, 13:03   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Finally we hear an official word from triumph on the launch after a long time. Looks like it is happening by October end. Over an year's slippage from original plan.
Now we got to keep all our sensory's open to see where the outlets would spring up.

You and I have the "Overnight camping" idea - remember?
Old 1st August 2013, 13:20   #425
BHPian

http://overdrive.in/news/triumph-ind...pected-prices/

Source: Overdrive

Overdrive's prediction is that the prices would be more than what was announced at the time of AutoExpo 2012. Mainly due to the dollar appreciating against the rupee!
Old 1st August 2013, 15:01   #426
Senior - BHPian

Street Triple- Then--> Rs 5.75 lakh Now -->Rs 8 lakh CKD

If this is the price range - I sure am out of Triumph race! :(

Last edited by Shubz : 1st August 2013 at 15:20.
Old 1st August 2013, 15:30   #427
BHPian

Bonneville ex-showroom 7 lakhs means the Bangalore OTR price should hover around 9 lakhs. Thats steep!
Old 1st August 2013, 15:55   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Now we got to keep all our sensory's open to see where the outlets would spring up.

You and I have the "Overnight camping" idea - remember?
I feel we may see a showroom some where on the hosur road, electronic city area.
I do remember on the camping idea but now i am getting worried on the expected pricing by overdrive. I can't imagine myself buying ST for 8 L Ex-Showroom. That's almost 9.3L on road in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
http://overdrive.in/news/triumph-ind...pected-prices/

Source: Overdrive

Overdrive's prediction is that the prices would be more than what was announced at the time of AutoExpo 2012. Mainly due to the dollar appreciating against the rupee!
Thanks for the link. I am out of the race if triumph launches Street Triple at 8L ex-showroom.

I don't agree completely on the overdrive expected pricing. Here's why:
Street triple guidance value announced during auto expo Jan-2013 was 5.75 ex-showroom. Following are the changes impacting pricing since auto expo:
1 GBP was 84 INR in Jan-2012.
1 GBP is ~90 INR now and i see it going down in next coming months. So the hike is in region of 8% approx.
There is no change in customs duty or CVD for a CKD import. So no hike in duty for ST, Speed Triple, Bonnie or Daytona. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Basic customs duty for CBU has been hiked by 15%. So bikes like Scrambler and Rocket will be more expensive.
Also triumph dealers could be initially selling with a low margin to keep prices down.

Also triumph has delayed by a long time and if they want to succeed in selling good numbers then i believe they might announce mouth watering introductory pricing for limited number of vehicles which i see happening in all probability.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:08   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also triumph has delayed by a long time and if they want to succeed in selling good numbers then i believe they might announce mouth watering introductory pricing for limited number of vehicles which i see happening in all probability.
They are very non committal on the pricing on the FB page. Understandably. Am sure customer sentiment is also going to be a factor in considering pricing (glancing at Bajaj/KTM).
Old 1st August 2013, 16:16   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Bonneville ex-showroom 7 lakhs means the Bangalore OTR price should hover around 9 lakhs. Thats steep!
Bonnie at ex-showroom of 7 lacs will put it bang in Iron 883 territory. I think that's too steep, a 5'er is what I am hoping Triumph will launch it at

Quote:
I feel we may see a showroom some where on the hosur road, electronic city area.
I do remember on the camping idea but now i am getting worried on the expected pricing by overdrive. I can't imagine myself buying ST for 8 L Ex-Showroom. That's almost 9.3L on road in Bangalore

Thanks for the link. I am out of the race if triumph launches Street Triple at 8L ex-showroom.

I don't agree completely on the overdrive expected pricing. Here's why:
Street triple guidance value announced during auto expo Jan-2013 was 5.75 ex-showroom. Following are the changes impacting pricing since auto expo:
1 GBP was 84 INR in Jan-2012.
1 GBP is ~90 INR now and i see it going down in next coming months. So the hike is in region of 8% approx.
There is no change in customs duty or CVD for a CKD import. So no hike in duty for ST, Speed Triple, Bonnie or Daytona. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Basic customs duty for CBU has been hiked by 15%. So bikes like Scrambler and Rocket will be more expensive.
Also triumph dealers could be initially selling with a low margin to keep prices down.

I'd have imagined the same. If they have to compete with H-D, the prices have to spot on from Day 1. Triumph cannot go wrong with the pricing. But if Overdrive's prediction comes true, I do not believe there will be many takers!
Old 1st August 2013, 18:27   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate,
Did you see the latest news? GS have further downgraded Indian Rupee and it is widely expected that the dollar might need 65 INR. With this development am sure GBP will shoot much further and border the 100's.

Taxes have been increased on the motorcycle which has made all SBK pretty expensive. The FZ costs 13 Lakhs compared to 10ish when I paid for it 2 monsoons ago.
Old 1st August 2013, 18:56   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
Did you see the latest news? GS have further downgraded Indian Rupee and it is widely expected that the dollar might need 65 INR. With this development am sure GBP will shoot much further and border the 100's.

Taxes have been increased on the motorcycle which has made all SBK pretty expensive. The FZ costs 13 Lakhs compared to 10ish when I paid for it 2 monsoons ago.
True but RBI is trying hard with various measure including tightening liquidity and Govt is increasing FDI limits for strengthening rupee.

IMO during recent union budget, basic customs duty was hiked from 60 to 75% for CBU import. I believe for CKD from Thailand- its still 10%.
Old 1st August 2013, 19:20   #433
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Triumph is coming to India and this time for real... Look what the official page says
http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/

By the way, am closely following up with Daytona 675

Cheers.
Old 1st August 2013, 20:18   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
Hi Guys,
Triumph is coming to India and this time for real... Look what the official page says
http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/
Thats an old update. This was done some 6 months back.
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:35   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I believe for CKD from Thailand- its still 10%.
this is exactly what I was thinking. The GBP rate/USD rate "May" not play that significant a role as the originating country is Thailand and the agreement stands at 10%.

Lets wait and watch!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks