Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 20:27   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Finally picked the bike
Congrats on the upgrade Turbanator. And wishing you years of trouble free riding. Ride safe mate...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 12:57   #1262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Few queries :

Need to press Clutch much more than Harley - maybe some setting or ?

While driving straight handle bars & Indicators feels tilted towards right I will try to click some photo for better explanation is it normal ?

Some Sound from engine like something from Crank shaft specially while accelerating or de-accelerating - is it normal in running in ?
Hi Turbanator, Congrats in getting the Storm and welcome to the Triumph club

1. When I rode the Storm, I didnt feel the clutch thing, it was smooth and was operating with negligible input. Similarly for a smaller bike like Bonnie, the clutch is effortless and butter smooth

2. Please share some pictures to understand as its unclear

3. What your describing is definetly not normal. There shouldnt be any such abnormal sound coming from engine be it during run-in period or after. Please get it checked by service team A.S.A.P
Old 26th September 2014, 13:25   #1263
Team-BHP Support

I came from Chandigarh to Ludhiana today , was able to adjust clutch on way and now it feels better . Regarding issues 2 & 3 I plan to ride Demo Bike tomorrow .

Did around 110 Km non stop without any break and was quite fresh when I reached my Ludhiana office , keeping RPM's below 4K as advised by dealership , was cruising at 110 -120 with RPM's less than 3K most of time , absolutely no issues of anything getting hot .Chandigarh - Gurgaon planned for next week
Old 26th September 2014, 13:35   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some Sound from engine like something from Crank shaft specially while accelerating or de-accelerating - is it normal in running in ?
Is it a metallic sound? Could be the timing chain noise. Some bikes do have a noisy timing chain setup. Do get it looked at.
Old 26th September 2014, 13:41   #1265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it a metallic sound? Could be the timing chain noise. Some bikes do have a noisy timing chain setup. Do get it looked at.
It was more like I used to hear in my 500 Bullet , maybe its just normal , today morning on way to Ludhiana I was so mesmerised in the new ride that I never cared / notice this will check on return in evening . But Indicators are definitely not in straight line - need to check if it's just some adjustment of these or anything more serious .
Old 26th September 2014, 14:28   #1266
Team-BHP Support

Here is the photo , with handle bar in straight position , right side indicator stick is little inward

Quote:
Is it a metallic sound? Could be the timing chain noise. Some bikes do have a noisy timing chain setup.

Looks metallic at idle - I have tried to upload audio

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&vid...8IE&feature=vm
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-11.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-22.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th September 2014 at 14:36.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 16:34   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

First picture gives that impression of right indicator stalk slight forward.

But, the second picture indicates they are aligned perfectly
Old 27th September 2014, 14:21   #1268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
First picture gives that impression of right indicator stalk slight forward.
So this issue of Indicators was sorted out today , simple adjustment . Engine noise similar from other bike just little more metallic and audible then the demo one .

I did not went through the Manual after taking delivery , ABS light was on for considerable time yesterday . I thought it remains always ON but it should go OFF after start - local guys does not seem to have much idea . Being a CBU it comes in a Crate with Front wheel & Handle disassembled - looks something is not done correctly . This light is gone now but I plan to take this to Delhi dealership on Monday to get everything checked , by that time I should have 800 Km run-in for first service as well

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th September 2014 at 14:25.
Old 29th September 2014, 18:36   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally picked the bike , initial observations -
Congrats Turbanator. Thunderbird is a lovely biggg bike. Just look at the radiator man, its so big

How do you find weight of the bike? especially when riding in city traffic?
Old 29th September 2014, 19:25   #1270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How do you find weight of the bike? especially when riding in city traffic?
More than weight , its something to do with Longer Stroke of engine , need to keep RPM's higher to avoid stalling , which is cumbersome maybe I will get adapt with usage .

I was not very happy with infrastructure / manpower at Chandigarh dealership as they are in process of setting things up and there were small niggling issues which were bothering me so thought of getting things checked with Gurgaon Dealership . Started yesterday from Chandigarh around 9 , everything was fine till around 125 Km ( Karnal ) when all of sudden Bike stalled and would not start again , after couple of tries it started. I could not figure out anything and decided to go slow for a while with a quick break to see if anything develops again and all looked good .

I was enjoying the ride so much that I took longer road for Gurgaon from Panipat via new Rohtak highway , another 50 km or so on this new highway suddenly bike started misfiring , all Lights on Speed o were flashing and Speed & RPM needles were moving erratically ( looks speed on this bike is electronically controlled and not by cable ) , since this road is mostly rural I continued slowly looking for some Bike repair shop , I had this feeling that something related to Battery is not correct , somewhere near Gohana I finally saw a small shop . But before I could make the cut to other side of Road , bike stalled and would not move , from nowhere there were ten's of local villagers surrounding me with so many questions , somehow managed to push to repair shop with help of few guys and contacted Chandigarh dealer who also suggested to check for battery connections . Getting access to Battery is fairly easy - a small Allen bolt holds pillion seat , which gives access to front seat when removed . Battery & Air Filter are under front seat . Battery terminal was indeed lose and bike started immediately on tightening .

Today took bike to Gurgaon for 800 Km first service & workshop guys found that Battery was not installed properly , there is a small red tape which is to be taken off before delivery which was still present . Ordered couple of accessories which improves stance of bike in my opinion .

Some pictures after fitting new accessories, Sound from new Arrows is very sweet
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-111.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-2222.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-3333.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th September 2014 at 19:30.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 20:51   #1271
BHPian

Congrats Turbanator, that's a monster of a bike, only the Rocket III/K1600/Goldwing can steal some of its thunder , pun very much intended !
Old 29th September 2014, 22:38   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally picked the bike ,
Congrats on getting the Storm home Turbanator. Worth the wait I guess. I have seen and sat on the Storm at the dealership here and it felt H U G E for my 6 foot 75kg frame. Nice to see that you are riding it on short 100kms rides already. Take it for a longer spin and do post your observations.
Old 30th September 2014, 09:23   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

Turbanator, congrats on the Arrows??? I thought its just free flows from Triumph and there are no Arrows for the Storm? Please correct me if iam wrong?

How much did it cost? And, do post a video of the sound whenever you can.

Bike looks good with the backrest and somehow makes the bike look complete.

Do post a picture of you astride the bike so we get to know the owner too

P.S: I still think you should start your ownership thread than continuing on this thread
Old 30th September 2014, 10:36   #1274
Team-BHP Support

Wow! Beautiful bike. All that black and chrome looks delicious!

Just a small question since I am not used to big bikes, specially cruisers - isn't the rear seat backrest a bit too inclined for comfort?
Old 30th September 2014, 11:09   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally picked the bike , initial observations -
Welcome to the T family Turbanator. Wishing you many many happy miles on her

Why don't you start a new Storm thread ?

Is the pillion back rest adjustable ? Otherwise it looks little strange and if your pillion were to really recline in to it you might have balancing issues. Suggest, you please try it out with a tall/large pillion, if you haven't done it already and get a feel for it.

Niggles with the new dealership (CH) is quiet obvious - looks like they haven't got their check lists in place yet

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks