Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 10:59   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny.boi View Post
The thruxton, was always the first choice since I laid my eyes of it. It has always been the more cool looking among the boneville and scrambler range . The rugged old school looks with the brand (which I'm aware is under a lot of fire) of certain heritage. Fitted with custom exhaust with some minor mods would definitely suit my personality. Pillion seat is also crucial to accommodate wife.
I too love the way how Thrux looks. I have ridden it for a fairly long distance on highway and was suitably impressed with it. In my opinion, it has a much better fit and finish than the Bonneville

However, in comfort, handling department it lacks comparatively to a Bonnie

You can my short informal feedback in this post :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3437519
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 00:45   #1322

Thanks for the reply mate,

Sure the Thruxton is a head turner and a thing to admire. I didn't really get any test ride of thruxton, but I had my myself a continental gt R.E for 50 kms of open stretches and bumper traffic in pune.

I have to say, it might not be as comfortable as a bonnie, or a R.E 500 classic, but the feel, bloody hell. This position adds the soul to the ride the moment you get on the motorcycle. Narrow clip-on style handle bars helps in the precise handling.

Lets see, I'm deciding soon now
Old 17th January 2015, 23:36   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Sharing pix fromSyamadynamic's FB page.
Triumph Bonnie New Church ( I hope its not a painted one by them).
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-10933810_749044978519066_4952529220639044945_n.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-993480_749044861852411_6700804447786461475_n.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-10917281_749045001852397_2074727658819655676_n.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 08:17   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sharing pix fromSyamadynamic's FB page.
Triumph Bonnie New Church ( I hope its not a painted one by them).
Nice! I love the blue version and asked the dealer if they'd make it to India. There was no coherent answer.

In any case, I hear that a comprehensive refresh of the Bonnie is on the cards for 2016. Let's see
Old 18th January 2015, 08:59   #1325
BHPian

Its a custom painted Bonnie..its one of my friends bike.. some more pics of the same
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-_mg_5011.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-_mg_5012.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-_mg_5013.jpg  

CrazyStuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 22:17   #1326
BHPian

Triumph Rocket Roadster 3

Hi All,
Fallen in love with the Rocket and as I have the budget, planning to buy it in the coming 3-4 months. Triumph dealer does not offer a free ride of the rocket to everyone as the bike is too powerful and costing 20L.
The plan is to keep 1L up front as refundable security with them and try the rocket.
I am 6ft and closely observed the bike. The sitting position is very good including the bike's specs. Only thing left is the actual riding experience and my only worry.....it weighs 300+ Kgs and not sure how will it behave in the Indian traffic.
Unlike the air cooled HDs which have vibration and heat issues when you ride in city during the summer months, the rocket is well tamed. My ride will be for fun and pleasure only. Not a daily thing. Any inputs of rocket riding experience, reviews, pro's and con's will assist. Looking forward to it
Old 19th January 2015, 22:47   #1327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Triumph dealer does not offer a free ride of the rocket to everyone as the bike is too powerful and costing 20L.
The plan is to keep 1L up front as refundable security with them and try the rocket
Try Storm first unless you are shifting from Harley-Softail family , there are 2 Rockets sold in Jalandhar - Fatboy owners in past , take feedback from them .
Quote:
The sitting position is very good including the bike's specs. Only thing left is the actual riding experience and my only worry.....it weighs 300+ Kgs and not sure how will it behave in the Indian traffic.
Storm is around 310 Kg & Rocket about 340 Kg + , so you can have feel of weight on storm as well , sitting on Rocket is little lower than Strom

Get in touch with Inder , he should help you in making right decision

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th January 2015 at 23:07.
Old 19th January 2015, 22:55   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Rocket Roadster 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybird View Post
Hi All,
Fallen in love with the Rocket and as I have the budget, planning to buy it in the coming 3-4 months. Triumph dealer does not offer a free ride of the rocket to everyone as the bike is too powerful and costing 20L.
The plan is to keep 1L up front as refundable security with them and try the rocket.
I am 6ft and closely observed the bike. The sitting position is very good including the bike's specs. Only thing left is the actual riding experience and my only worry.....it weighs 300+ Kgs and not sure how will it behave in the Indian traffic.
Unlike the air cooled HDs which have vibration and heat issues when you ride in city during the summer months, the rocket is well tamed. My ride will be for fun and pleasure only. Not a daily thing. Any inputs of rocket riding experience, reviews, pro's and con's will assist. Looking forward to it
I am 5'6" and dont weigh much . I am ok with Street Bob which is heavy @ 305kg plus with accessories. Hope this help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyStuff View Post
Its a custom painted Bonnie..its one of my friends bike.. some more pics of the same

Sooraj's bike eh? Should have guessed
Old 19th January 2015, 23:09   #1329
BHPian

Re: Triumph Rocket Roadster 3

Quote:
Any inputs of rocket riding experience, reviews, pro's and con's will assist. Looking forward to it

I haven't ridden a rocket, but heard & read on Rocket forums the main gripes are- 1) It does not disguise its weight esp in slow speed handling and tells you every bit its a heavy bike 2) The engine generates considerable heat which in tropical summers can be bothersome. So if you are doing a test ride check out these and if they are within what you can handle, it sure is an attention grabbing bike and a lot of bike for the money, so go for it. Also suggest to TD the Thunderbird Storm.
Old 19th January 2015, 23:20   #1330
BHPian

+1 to what Haroon said.

I heard of someone sell his Rocket after 200km on the odo. Probably not his cup of tea but didn't realize before buying. The Rocket is huge and heavy. While I won't say thin, light folks can't ride it well, you'd be better off if you're a 6 footer, 100kg built type rider. I also reckon many riders will not be able to live with the shaft's reaction causing the lateral lurch upon acceleration, and think it's a defect or such.
Old 20th January 2015, 21:07   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Fallen in love with the Rocket and as I have the budget, planning to buy it in the coming 3-4 months. Triumph dealer does not offer a free ride of the rocket to everyone as the bike is too powerful and costing 20L. Any inputs of rocket riding experience, reviews, pro's and con's will assist. Looking forward to it
I have a friend who rides a Rocket and you could speak with him and clarify some of your queries. PM me your number and I'll message you his details...

I'm 5'11" weighing a bit north of 80kgs and haven't had issues with riding a Street Bob (planning to sell to jump ship) weighing a tad over 300kgs so doubt you'll have issues considering you are 6ft, unless you are skinny!!

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2015 at 09:51. Reason: added quote
Old 9th February 2015, 16:58   #1332
BHPian

Test ride of Rocket and Storm completed.

Rocket was first and then the Storm. Very comfortable, riding position of Rocket is better than the Storm for city ride. Didn't feel the weight as soon as started rolling on the two wheels.

After the Rocket riding the Storm was easy. My initial negative thoughts of handling the Rocket faded as soon as I took the first turn with 10 seconds of starting. The huge tyres inspire the confidence of handling the big beast. Did not touch three figures as I was more keen to find slow speed motoring. No vibrations felt on the handle bar. Good braking. Revd up after some riding and tried hard braking. The beast was smooth. Thanks to dual front brakes and ABS. Bike's acceleration is computer controlled to avoid bike toppling. Another safety feature noticed that the bike won't start if it is not of the stand plus cluth depressed.
joybird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 19:14   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Test ride of Rocket and Storm completed.

Rocket was first and then the Storm. Very comfortable, riding position of Rocket is better than the Storm for city ride. Didn't feel the weight as soon as started rolling on the two wheels.

After the Rocket riding the Storm was easy. My initial negative thoughts of handling the Rocket faded as soon as I took the first turn with 10 seconds of starting. The huge tyres inspire the confidence of handling the big beast. Did not touch three figures as I was more keen to find slow speed motoring. No vibrations felt on the handle bar. Good braking. Revd up after some riding and tried hard braking. The beast was smooth. Thanks to dual front brakes and ABS. Bike's acceleration is computer controlled to avoid bike toppling. Another safety feature noticed that the bike won't start if it is not of the stand plus cluth depressed.
I'm glad your test rides went well.

Did you face any discomfort while making turns at slow speeds? I happened to lay my hands on the Rocket recently. Unfortunately, the majority of my ride was in bumper to bumper traffic and handling it in such a situation was very very difficult. Not to forget the heat it produced!

If possible, I'd advise you to also test ride the Moto Guzzi California. It's a very under-rated motorcycle, with soul stirring performance. Very heavy and rough gearbox, though. But, it's worth a try and comes in the same category you're scouting for.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 10:04   #1334
BHPian

The climate here in Chandigarh this time of the year is pleasant. I took the test rides on a windy day. I too have questions regarding riding these bikes- Harley's and Triumph's in Indian Summer. Whatever feedback from HOG riders and RAT members I've received clearly point that in Indian conditions a radiator liquid cooled engine is much better than an air cooled engine if we talking about big engines mostly above 1000CC as they tend to generate a lot of heat in Indian summers and when riding in bumper to bumper traffic.
The Rocket is bulky no doubt but on slow speeds you will have to use your body weight to make the machine change direction. It requires room no doubt during my test ride I felt if on regular basis you ride the bike you will sync with the machine and then if won't be a big concern. Having said this I feel it is applicable to all the heavy weights from the Harley stable or Triumph.
Old 28th February 2015, 11:08   #1335
BHPian

A friend of mine had called Shaman Motors to check price of Bonneville in Mumbai.

Looks like Triumph has some attractive EMI offers going on. One offer was Rs 2.5L downpayment rest @9999/month for 5 years. That turns out to something like 6.82% interest!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks