Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 08:43   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Now coming to Storme , I have chosen Jet Black color , what all accessories / optional's are must or should be ordered . Will definitely need something to bump up the volume
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
Also, I did hear those short free flow exhaust at the showroom. If I were to buy the storm that is the first upgrade. I guess there are hardly any other mods needed on the storm.
Agree with Sreejith, If you plan to have a pillion at most times, it makes sense to get the back-rest ( Bike we rode had one as you can see from the pic)

I happened to visit the Triumph Dealership yesterday and it is always a pleasant surprise as they offer test rides of whatever bike is available. They just hand over the key to me and say "Sir, why dont you take a ride"

Me and a friend who also owns a Bonnie rode the Storm yet again and he even took a test ride of Triumph Daytona as he is planning to replace his CBR1000 with either a Speed or Daytona

I was bit scared to ride the Daytona in peak evening traffic so I took a raincheck to ride at another time. It was simply bliss to hear it with Arrows slapped on

Quick feedback of Storm after my ride yesterday

++
Amazing torquey engine with plenty of power on tap
Vibrationless engine and feels butter smooth
Lovely engine note from the short free flows (cost ~30k-35k)
Handling cannot be commented as it was in evening traffic so couldnt make out much

--
Rear brake is placed very forward and you have to lift the foot to reach the pedal
Handle bar though comfortable didnt appeal to me much

My friend's feedback on Daytona. He rides a CBR1000, so he knows about SBK's was that he felt the bike was light and very manverouble and is a great buy but, he may not consider it as he wants VFM and an easy every day riding bike like his Bonnie

He might pick up the Street/Speed
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_20140826_182346.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_20140826_183701.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_20140826_183718.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 08:53   #1202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Handle bar though comfortable didnt appeal to me much
Pretty much same observations when I drove but there was a new one in showroom for Delivery - Angle / Reach of that handle bar looked different from the test drive bike . As per sales guy they have changed settings for shorter riders on demo .

Quote:
Rear brake is placed very forward and you have to lift the foot to reach the pedal
Maybe because of the footboards I dont recollect such issues on the regular pegs

Quote:
it is always a pleasant surprise as they offer test rides of whatever bike is available. They just hand over the key to me and say "Sir, why dont you take a ride
They must be reading your posts here and you surely are Brand ambassador for them on www besides its easy to milk repetitive customer

Given your built Storm does suit you better & they can smell a sales here !

Quote:
Lovely engine note from the short free flows
I like the long one's , those looks more retro, have you experienced sound on Long Free Flows as well ? will they not sound similar

Edit :: From Triumph website

High Flow Silencer Kit Short

High Gloss, ...... Requires specific calibration to
guarantee optimum performance. Off road use only.

High Flow Silencer Kit Long

High Gloss, .... Requires specific
calibration to guarantee optimum performance.

What does this term Off Road Signify - Higher decibels ? This is not mentioned on Long one - is it just some typo or a fact - can you confirm with local dealer

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th August 2014 at 09:20.
Old 27th August 2014, 09:53   #1203
BHPian

Triumph opening dealership in Kolkata soon. Nine dealerships in a year.
Old 27th August 2014, 12:09   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Edit :: From Triumph website

High Flow Silencer Kit Short

High Gloss, ...... Requires specific calibration to
guarantee optimum performance. Off road use only.

High Flow Silencer Kit Long

High Gloss, .... Requires specific
calibration to guarantee optimum performance.

What does this term Off Road Signify - Higher decibels ? This is not mentioned on Long one - is it just some typo or a fact - can you confirm with local dealer
Its no Typo.

As per the UK/EU laws they are to sell products which adhear to the Emission Standards, Noise Pollution standards etc.

The short one - if I am not mistaken, does not have the full catalytic converter set-up in them and hence are not fully compliant for road use (in UK & EU). But people still want them hence, its being provide but with due warnings incsribed on them (yes, if you look at the cans there is plate there with this inscribed) so that the suppliers ass is not hauled up by the Government, for breaking the laws or being party to it.

Its like the "Statutory Warning on Cigy packets"

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 27th August 2014 at 12:11.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 12:20   #1205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The short one - if I am not mistaken, does not have the full catalytic converter set-up in them and hence are not fully compliant for road use
Thanks for the information Ram , will these sound differently - like louder than longer ones ?
Old 27th August 2014, 12:29   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information Ram , will these sound differently - like louder than longer ones ?
Short ones are audiably louder than the long ones, with a definitive cracking noise on the back-up firing sequence.

Best Regards and Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 13:01   #1207
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam not sure how that can be obvious? I mean CKD and CBU's effect the overall landing price of a bike due to tax implications
India and Thailand has a FTA or double tax avoidance treaty.
http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/Dir...1_Thailand.htm

http://www.india-briefing.com/news/i...nts-4810.html/
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 13:58   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked " Storm " with new Triumph dealer opening in Chandigarh by Next month end ! Hope I have made right decision
Congrats. Do post a detailed review as these are exciting times for Indian bikers with a slew of options available. The specs look hot on paper. Do post your actual observations soon.

Ride safe and Cheers...
Old 27th August 2014, 16:45   #1209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
Triumph opening dealership in Kolkata soon. Nine dealerships in a year.
Btw, its 9 dealerships in 9 months. They opened their first one on Jan-25th, 2014. Isn't that an awesome acheivement?

Quote:
Maybe because of the footboards I dont recollect such issues on the regular pegs
Spot on. Footboard was an ugly contraption that I didnt like. Big, Flat, Square thing. My foot size is big (12) and it was overshooting my feet and had difficulty each time i had to brake as I would have to lift my right foot and then search for the brake. Maybe, in due course of time, an owner will get used to it.

Quote:
They must be reading your posts here and you surely are Brand ambassador for them on www besides its easy to milk repetitive customer. Given your built Storm does suit you better & they can smell a sales here !
Haha, thanks for your kind words. Iam no ambassador for Triumph. I like to (over)praise if product is good but, at the same time I also let myself go when I dont like one. Anyways, Iam very happy with my Bonnie and dont plan to add any other bike for next 2-3 years.

Also, it's not that they are not aware about our threads as everyone is into social media and iam sure they are reading stuff here but, thats not the reason for doling out such rides. I made friends with some of them and my equation with them is better than other customers (as simple as that).

For instance, Yesterday, I also test rode the Rexton 4X4 (in the pic) owned by one of the partners who has become a good friend now. He was driving away and saw me entering the showroom and stopped and called me and insisted that I drive his new Rexton ( which i did and liked it too) but, I told him, I would have prefered a test ride of his Volvo XC60 ( Not sure if your aware, Triumph Dealership also own the sole distributorship of Volvo cars in AP and also biggest dealer for Hyundai cars (Talwar). And that storm is owned by the dealership

And, I recall reading somewhere that Triumph's comittment to India is not for the long-haul and folks buying it are regretting it

And, here they are opening 9 dealerships in 9 months. Looks like Triumph and well established folks who are buying into the dealership is about to lose some big money if above fears are true

Quote:
I like the long one's , those looks more retro, have you experienced sound on Long Free Flows as well ? will they not sound similar
Those short ones that I rode are much more audible and sounded sweet but, feedback that I got from each and every guy in showroom that stock pipes are much better.

Hence, my earlier recommendation that you should wait and then take a plunge on new pipes after riding some on stock ones

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th August 2014 at 16:47.
Old 27th August 2014, 16:55   #1210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
its 9 dealerships in 9 months. They opened their first one on Jan-25th, 2014. Isn't that an awesome acheivement?
well 10th is not far away , most likely in next month

Quote:
Triumph Dealership also own the sole distributorship of Volvo cars in AP and also biggest dealer for Hyundai cars (Talwar). And that storm is owned by the dealership

And, I recall reading somewhere that Triumph's comittment to India is not for the long-haul and folks buying it are regretting
I know where are you pointing this to - checked few threads on Harley vs Triumph today . Well even in Delhi Dealership is owned by Bird Automotive who are Dealers for BMW & the new one up in North is from even bigger house . But there is a Gentleman who has some inside news which is on contrary..

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th August 2014 at 17:07.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:14   #1211
Senior - BHPian

At Home

Just some info on the latest Bonnie on offer in UK !!!

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-customstranglerstriumphbonnevillejacklilleys.jpg

Source: http://www.jacklilley.com/pages/stra...stranglers.htm

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 27th August 2014, 17:32   #1212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Just some info on the latest Bonnie on offer in UK !!!
Gorgeous !!!

Quote:
But there is a Gentleman who has some inside news which is on contrary..
................I love such "inside" scoops

Makes me beileve more in my own judgement and a lovely opportunity to chuckle !!!
Old 30th August 2014, 16:28   #1213
Team-BHP Support

It was becoming irritating and painful to watch this thread and sit and do nothing about it.....

Booked the Street Triple today morning with Keerthi Motors, Bangalore. Now the long wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_5710.jpg  

Jaggu is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 17:26   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Congrats jaggu. I guess you booked red ST. What's waiting period and is there any hike in price?

I am soon finalizing on either Z800 or ST. More inclined towards Z800.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 17:47   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It was becoming irritating and painful to watch this thread and sit and do nothing about it.....

Booked the Street Triple today morning with Keerthi Motors, Bangalore. Now the long wait!
Congratulations Jaggu.

So after run in etc, when you are taking it to TVM, let me know, may be we can do a ride together

My folks in TVM are wanting to see my Bonnie and a trip is always in the offing.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks