Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 20:33   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Ya man, i'm deeply in love with this bike, dont care about the wires and all. Despite it being low, i found it more comfortable than the sportsters (personal fit I guess). Still no word regarding the braking issue, HD people wont comment.
If brakes are the only thing that is stopping you from making a buying decision, do check with the dealer on any possible upgrades to the braking system or the tires. Either or both these upgrades will make a world of difference to improve the braking efficiency.

In due course of time, there will be a vast choice of aftermarket options for sintered / ceramic brake pads, brake lines, etc. since the Street 750 is sold in most countries in USA, Europe & Asia.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 20:57   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Abhimanyu - what about braking bro? I guess I missed something here. Is it the lack of bite on the brakes? and were expecting the dealer/HD say/do something about it?

I know for a fact that brakes are inadequate - at least on the fresh new bikes off the block. But not sure about bikes that have run a bit. May be I can check over the weekend ride as Streets have started joining the rides.
Yeah, I was told long back that HD would sort the problem with the actual production bikes, but now no word on that.
Please let us know how is the braking with the actuall streets, i personally didnt get that much during my test ride, mostly because you hardly get any idea in a 5-6 km city ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
If brakes are the only thing that is stopping you from making a buying decision, do check with the dealer on any possible upgrades to the braking system or the tires. Either or both these upgrades will make a world of difference to improve the braking efficiency.

In due course of time, there will be a vast choice of aftermarket options for sintered / ceramic brake pads, brake lines, etc. since the Street 750 is sold in most countries in USA, Europe & Asia.
Even I hope the same, moreover braking is not stopping me at the moment, but the fact that I might have to move back to Delhi in couple of months. So i think its a wait and watch game for me for the next two months with respect to brakes, owner reviews and my geographical fate.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote feature to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th May 2014 at 13:32. Reason: Posts merged
Old 7th May 2014, 22:54   #93
BHPian

For me, Street 750 is a blank canvas and the possibilities of customisations and modifications are infinite. At the unveiling during Auto Expo, three different concepts were shown, and I for once was totally bowled over them. It's probably the best thing we Indians can purchase at such a price.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1781563_679463415443856_341256711_o.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1795168_679463405443857_467387363_o.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1293078_680064268717104_776185963_o.jpg  

Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review-1614049_680064352050429_1691976219_o.jpg  

mandhir.s.bajwa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 09:17   #94
BHPian

Last night I was with some Bonnie owners and overheard someone say that in case of a puncture, the Harley has to be brought back on a truck. Sounded like a bad rumor, but as rumors are supposed to, they put an ugly thought in your mind and leave it there as a niggle. How difficult is it to remove a tyre and fix it on the Street 750?

Does anybody have a clue? And this is the second time am hearing this. First was from a different source. Given the bike is not out in the market and nobody has ever faced a puncture so far, what do we believe?
Old 8th May 2014, 09:42   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Last night I was with some Bonnie owners and overheard someone say that in case of a puncture, the Harley has to be brought back on a truck. Sounded like a bad rumor, but as rumors are supposed to, they put an ugly thought in your mind and leave it there as a niggle. How difficult is it to remove a tyre and fix it on the Street 750?

Does anybody have a clue? And this is the second time am hearing this. First was from a different source. Given the bike is not out in the market and nobody has ever faced a puncture so far, what do we believe?

I'm not sure what the case is for harley 750 but I am told that even in the Bonnie, the rear tyre at least is not something you can easily remove. To my mind even in that case you may need to put it on a truck unless you can fix it directly from outside (not sure that's a good idea though, my general perception is that internal patches are the better way to mend tyres). If that is indeed true it's not like the Bonnie presents an advantage on this front over the HD 750. Might be useful to directly ask the HD showroom about this - they'll give the most accurate answer.

Again, I'm speaking from random tid bits I've picked up in casual conversation and this is not something I'm an expert on or have researched specifically.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:23   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Peeps - Do check out the wonderful reviews of the 750 from Powerdrift and Overdrive on YouTube; if not seen already.

Schumi can throw a bike around corners alright. One of the better reviews out there Wayyyyyyy better than that NDTV / Autocar crap.

BTW - Time spent talking about Wires / Plastics / Aesthetics - Around 10 sec
Thanks for the link. Hadn't seen this. I love seeing Schumi's reviews and from the video, it seems like HD has done a great job on several fronts on this bike. If the ground clearance and ride quality is indeed better than the entry sportsters, this is a great option for anyone looking at a bike in that price range. I saw pics of modified pics of the 750 later in this thread. They look really good - indeed a blank canvas for some beautiful customisation going by those pics.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:27   #97
BHPian

I've also heard about the puncture thing and not so long ago the HOG from kerala had a protest kind of a thing regarding providing better services. But I think the truck thing or likes would be some extreme cases, but yes it's a point of concern. I think experienced owners like Shubz should throw some light here as I don't trust the showroom guys as much as the actual owners.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:35   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Last night I was with some Bonnie owners and overheard someone say that in case of a puncture, the Harley has to be brought back on a truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm not sure what the case is for harley 750 but I am told that even in the Bonnie, the rear tyre at least is not something you can easily remove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
I've also heard about the puncture thing and not so long ago the HOG from kerala had a protest kind of a thing regarding providing better services.
These bikes are fitted with tubeless tires and punctures can be fixed in a matter of minutes by yourself using a puncture repair kit. I have done so on 2-3 instances on my Ninja and it is very easy and takes no effort or time.

Only if the puncture is irreparable, then it would warrant the need for a vehicle to carry the bike to a tire shop or the dealer service station for attending to the problem.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 14:03   #99
BHPian

Normally a truck service is required for the heavy bikes like fatboy or superglide which in case of a puncture will deflate fast due to weight. The comparatively lighter bikes with tubeless can travel for a few km and from what I have read , can be be fixed by local roadside mechanics . Harley also sells bikes with spoked rims which obviously have tube tyres , in that case a temporary fix is not possible.

The street has weight and tubeless tyres in its favour , how easy it is to removed the rear wheel is another topic though - will need to look at the bike closely for that.
Old 8th May 2014, 14:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Normally a truck service is required for the heavy bikes like fatboy or superglide which in case of a puncture will deflate fast due to weight. The comparatively lighter bikes with tubeless can travel for a few km and from what I have read , can be be fixed by local roadside mechanics . Harley also sells bikes with spoked rims which obviously have tube tyres , in that case a temporary fix is not possible.

The street has weight and tubeless tyres in its favour , how easy it is to removed the rear wheel is another topic though - will need to look at the bike closely for that.
as n_aditya and others mentioned - fixing a puncture on a tubeless tire is a breeze. And requires the skill and tools for spoked rims. These bikes being expensive, I guess it takes a big strong heart to let some roadside mechanic meddle with the wheels in case of a puncture. End result could be - he may fix the tire back incorrectly leading to bigger issues.

so the only option is to get the vehicle to the authorized dealer to get it fixed.

on another note, how many times does one remove rear wheel on any other bike? let alone a Harley or a Triumph?
Old 8th May 2014, 14:37   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
on another note, how many times does one remove rear wheel on any other bike? let alone a Harley or a Triumph?
As many times as you have a puncture on a Bullet.

A punctured Bullet is not something you want to push. You leave the bike and take the wheel with you.
Old 8th May 2014, 14:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
As many times as you have a puncture on a Bullet.

A punctured Bullet is not something you want to push. You leave the bike and take the wheel with you.
Agree on that with you, doc! Let alone Harley/triumph/Bullet - it takes the wind out of anyone to push a punctured bike along - even if that happens to be a super light vehicle.

And even punctures are not a daily routine for any bikes. The point I was trying to drive was "Cross the bridge, when you get there" rather than pondering over "how difficult it is to remove the rear wheel" as we wouldn't do it for fun.
Old 8th May 2014, 14:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

I thought even the Harleys coming with spoke rims are having tubeless tyres.. Right?
Old 8th May 2014, 14:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I thought even the Harleys coming with spoke rims are having tubeless tyres.. Right?
No they dont.
Only BMW R1200 GS and a few high end KTMs come with Spoke rims, that support tubeless tires.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 8th May 2014 at 14:57.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 15:25   #105
BHPian

Do they (HD) provide 24x7 road assistance like they have for cars? Just asking, have no clue if the same exists for bikes or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks