Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2019, 12:25   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Why do you say this? Can you please elaborate? Have you or any friend been treated badly by HOG because you owned a street 750?. Thanks in advance. I'm planning to buy a 750 soon and have gone through other HOG threads and don't see any reason to form this opinion.It seems like a pretty welcoming group for all Harley riders.
It is well known that in India, Harley Davidson 750 owners were not considered to be "real HD owners" by other HD buyers since the 750 was an entry level motorcycle. One reason could be it drastically brought down the price of entry into the HD ownership groups. This is equivalent to S Cross owners frowning down on Alto owners for buying the cheapest car from a Maruti / Nexa showroom. It may not make sense to some of us but that's the way it was.

In Bombay, an old friend of mine who owns a HD (not the 750) has told me that owners group is very welcoming and friendly so its possible that things have changed for the better, at least in some cities.
Old 15th June 2019, 12:39   #422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
It is well known that in India, Harley Davidson 750 owners were not considered to be "real HD owners" by other HD buyers since the 750 was an entry level motorcycle.
Back in 2016 - When I was looking to purchase a bike and was doing my research on the HD 750 - had clearly noticed some of the unofficial HD groups clearly stating that only Iron 883 and above owners are allowed in the rides. Hopefully, things have changed ever since.

But to be fair - it's not official HOG groups, so not something HD has a control on! Plus such differentiation is seen outside as well - For example the Versys Group (Bangalore one at least, which I'm a part of) clearly differentiates against the Versys 300.
Old 15th June 2019, 12:50   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Back in 2016 - When I was looking to purchase a bike and was doing my research on the HD 750 - had clearly noticed some of the unofficial HD groups clearly stating that only Iron 883 and above owners are allowed in the rides. Hopefully, things have changed ever since.

But to be fair - it's not official HOG groups, so not something HD has a control on! Plus such differentiation is seen outside as well - For example the Versys Group (Bangalore one at least, which I'm a part of) clearly differentiates against the Versys 300.
The issue was / is the mindset of the HD owners trying to conserve the exclusivity of the brand that they bought into. It must sound terribly petty to a non automobile enthusiast!

The ironic part is that by ostracizing the Street 750 owners (mostly first time buyers of the HD brand) they ensured they would drive the Street 650 owners away from the brand when it came time to upgrade. So Im sure the HD company wouldnt have liked that from a business perspective.

Its sad to see this exclusivity club mindset spreading to some Kawasaki groups as well. The same bikers will wax eloquent about the biking brotherhood and spirit of motorcycling etc.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:16   #424

Hi all. New to the tread and biking....well almost new having to resume after good 20yrs gap. Last year mid I started off with RE 500 and now moved to Street 750. Expecting delivery in couple of days. I would want fellow members to help with decision of whether or not to go with ESP. Not convinced at this point of time but also dont have enough knowledge to make a decision. Will appreciate help. Thanks in advance to all.
Old 29th January 2020, 20:04   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick' View Post
I would want fellow members to help with decision of whether or not to go with ESP. Not convinced at this point of time but also dont have enough knowledge to make a decision.
Hello! Congratulations on your Street 750.
I personally owned the 2017 Street 750 and just sold it off recently.
I don't know what you mean by ESP, I'm assuming it means Extended Service Plans / Extended Warranty. If that's the case then I recommend you go for it.
When I got my Harley I had only the 2 years warranty and didn't extend for additional 3 years. That was a mistake on my part. Replacing parts which are not under warranty is a costly affair.
Overall it was a wonderful machine and I really enjoyed my time with it. I hope it's the same for you. Happy and safe riding!
ameyfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:47   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyfire View Post
I don't know what you mean by ESP, I'm assuming it means Extended Service Plans / Extended Warranty. !
Hi, thanks for the response. Yes I did mean the Extended Service Plan/Warranty. I have opted for 2+2 yrs so I guess little peace of mind knowing the spares costs a bomb.
Maverick' is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks