Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 11:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
It's a bit disappointing to note that above points, especially that the classic thump of the HD is missing.
Actually only the single cylinder low revving (long stroke, short dia) engines can thump. To be brutally honest even the kerosene run tubewells have humungous thump.

The Harley's have just got a distinct offset beat (like galloping horse hooves) because of the cylinder sparking pattern. but still it is a V twin sound only.
The street also has a V twin sound, but slightly different from traditional Harley. Once you rev up you wouldn't be able to make out difference.
alpha1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 12:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

I was into a shock'n'surprise state when I saw a pic of a 2-wheeler with a header 'Official Review' in the T-Bhp news roll!! Nevertheless awesome review Aditya!

I have never seen the S750 in flesh but thanks a lot for the closeup shots on the welds and wiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The Smaller yet Significant Things:
Insulation for the headlight looks cheap and inadequate for the long term:

And that is really an insulation tape around the connector of a INR 4L+ bike isnt it?

Coming to the remarks on brakes, is'nt it a natural characteristic of cruisers with kicked out front forks to provide very little feedback and grip?

Overall personally I felt that the fit and finish issues mentioned here shadows the good things about the bike and the S750 may justify its price tag as a Harley but not as a bike.

Not my cup of tea at all!

Last edited by man_of_steel : 25th April 2014 at 12:09.
Old 25th April 2014, 12:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Finally a Harley which is affordable.
But astonished to seen the shoddy work in the wiring.
The finish can still be ignored as it is a Harley which is INR 5 lakh.
A second hand Superlow or Iron 883 at 5 lakhs will be better option compared to the brand new Street 750. Plus most of the buyers of Harley may have already customized parts like better seats, exhaust, foot pegs, crash gaurds etc. So you can get a already customized bike at reasonable price rather than spending another lakh 2 lakh for all these options on a brand new bike which you will have to do anyways.
the VTEC guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 13:49   #49
BHPian

WOW... The First T-Bhp Official 2-wheeler review. Must say this is a very detailed and thorough review on the HD Street 750.

Harley - Davidson have really planned out well their strategy to expand in India. This bike will give them a considerable push in the premium bike market. And with an in the wings Street 500, its time Royal Enfield starts expanding their model line-up (No Doubt the Continental GT is a great new product). Now, where is that RE parallel twin.
Magnaspectre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 14:42   #50
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaspectre View Post
WOW... The First T-Bhp Official 2-wheeler review. Must say this is a very detailed and thorough review on the HD Street 750.
I think there is already a bike reviewed before by T-BHP.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...de-review.html

Last edited by D4D : 25th April 2014 at 14:45. Reason: Had to add a link.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 18:11   #51
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Review Aditya, thanks for sharing, Rated much deserved 5 stars

Co-incidentally, just couple of days ago I remembered our conversation from last month and was wondering when the HD 750 review would be up and here it was, seeing it today!
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 20:43   #52
BHPian

I was wondering if you could see any accessorized St750 at the Harley outlet.
This article from Motorbeam has pics of what a touring version would look like. I quite like the windshield. Where can we find the prices? Also wanted to see the mounts for the tail bag.

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/harle...014-auto-expo/
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 23:59   #53

Thanks Aditya for the detailed review. Very useful for prospective buyers.
Looking forward to ownership experiences of fellows who have brought the beauty home.

Would expect better finishing from a Harley irrespective of it being the cheapest HD. Is it the Indian manufacturing attitude/processes which have played on the quality. Since the platform and engine is new, and being manufactured here, long term performance is something to watch for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
This article from Motorbeam has pics of what a touring version would look like. I quite like the windshield. Where can we find the prices? Also wanted to see the mounts for the tail bag.
Thanks for the link Oreen. The bike looks very desirable with the accessories.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2014 at 11:35. Reason: Deleting extra smiley
metal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 19:25   #54
BHPian

Fabulous review Aditya. Thoroughly deserves the 5 stars.

Though the cost cutting is obvious, and may disappoint the purists, the competitive price tag by Harley Davidson will help a lot of folks realise their long cherished Harley dream.

A few exposed wires and missing niceties will certainly not be a deal breaker for these enthusiasts.

But yes, the poor brakes are a matter of concern.

Do hope Harley fixes this and other issues real soon.
MorePower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 02:25   #55
BHPian

Nice detailed review. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
• Niceties missing (fuel gauge, DTE, tachometer, headlight pass switch, adjustable levers, kickstand warning)
What? Cant believe HD is behaving like Indian car manufacturers of the 90s. No Fuel gauge in a 2014 motorcycle is just outright ridiculous. Makes the bike completely unworthy of the highway. Tacho would have been a good add-on but I think any aged biker can live without it.

Question to the OP: where was the photoshoot done?
sabret00the is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 14:06   #56
BHPian

Finally HD Street 750 will be on Bangalore Streets from tomorrow. One of my friend has booked the bike and he was informed that the first set of bikes will be delivered tomorrow. He should get his bike in a week or two and waiting very eagerly to compare it with my Superlow 883 and for his ownership review.
Old 29th April 2014, 14:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Nice detailed review. Thanks.

What? Cant believe HD is behaving like Indian car manufacturers of the 90s. No Fuel gauge in a 2014 motorcycle is just outright ridiculous. Makes the bike completely unworthy of the highway. Tacho would have been a good add-on but I think any aged biker can live without it.

Question to the OP: where was the photoshoot done?
Too much of cost cutting I guess, they should have given some of these as optionals atleast, I am willing to pay extra for ABS and like...

I agree that fuel gauge would have been very useful on the highway, but atleast they have the reserve warning indicator, still its stupid not to have one. On the other hand, Tacho on a harley, not really...I for one dont want it...
Old 29th April 2014, 15:07   #58
Team-BHP Support

Awesome review. I was resisting the temptation to open this thread because I wanted to read it on the large screen monitor in office.

Bike looks nice but somehow on seeing those exposes wires I was wondering if maybe I was looking at RE instead of HD.

But I am so happy that the Indian public is getting so many cool bikes to choose from.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 07:27   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Tacho on a harley, not really...I for one dont want it...
May I ask why? Especially given that this is not your "conventional" Harley that would top out at 5k.

I for one want a Tacho, even if it means no speedo.
Old 30th April 2014, 09:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
May I ask why? Especially given that this is not your "conventional" Harley that would top out at 5k.

I for one want a Tacho, even if it means no speedo.
Its basically a personal choice I would say. Harley to me is all about smooth cruising and tacho really doesnt picture in there for me. I've ridden and driven so many vehicles without a tacho to not miss that.

I cant live without a tacho on my Yamaha or my City, so i guess that's just case based

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks