Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 13:13   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
On the other hand, the outright 1 lac discount is there, and I am pretty sure 50K more could be juiced out. I wont get that kinda sweet deal later.

Hello Sen2009, correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know a lakh discount was there only for the scrambler range, right?

If not, is the discount on the entire Ducati range?
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 14:34   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hello Sen2009, correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know a lakh discount was there only for the scrambler range, right?

If not, is the discount on the entire Ducati range?

The discount was only for the Scrambler range. :-) Many wished it was the entire range. and the one's who've just bought the bikes - would've cursed the brand! Thankfully its just the Scrambler owners that cursing :-)
Old 14th December 2016, 15:23   #363
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
The discount was only for the Scrambler range. :-)
As of this month the Ducati Mumbai dealer has a discount of 1 lac even on the Monster 821. They call it 10% R.T.O. tax support.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 15:27   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
As of this month the Ducati Mumbai dealer has a discount of 1 lac even on the Monster 821. They call it 10% R.T.O. tax support.
That is Dealer specific discount. Not a brand wide discount. Scrambler discount was across India. I am not sure the Monster 821 discount is across India. At least I didn't see/hear any of it from my dealer.

EDIT: There is a demo bike at the Bangalore dealer for sale . Done around 6000 Kms. Going for a good price. Reach out to VST Ducati Bangalore if anyone interested.

Last edited by Shubz : 14th December 2016 at 15:52.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 16:05   #365
BHPian

Quote:
There is a demo bike at the Bangalore.
Which bike Shubz Monster 821?
Old 14th December 2016, 17:58   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is very different than what I calculated. I must have made some serious mistakes.
The down payment after discount are Rs. 1.59 Lacs and Rs. 1.72 lacs for monster dark and monster red. This is within my budget!! Wow!!
Sounds cool Sen. Congratulations seem to be in order.

Let me know when you are taking delivery so I can come over for a test ride of your new baby

Unless you are completely smitten by the red beauty, allow me to confuse you further
Since you are spending/ready to spend INR 12.79 lakhs for the Monster Red, it comes dangerously close to the Triumph Speed Triple 1050 which is even more of an insane beast. It should be between INR 13-14 lakhs and I am sure they must be also having discounts/loan offers. Maybe worth a check for you.

The negative here is the 2017 Speed Triple is already launched and may land up on our shores by next year end. Also, the Speed does not have the riding modes and traction control which the Ducati has, only ABS is available on this model. The new one will be having the complete safety pack (ABS, rider modes and traction control).

For Triumph Mumbai you may reach out to Arash Kolah on +91 9619085051 or arash.kolah@teamshaman.com

Happy choosing.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 14th December 2016 at 18:00.
Old 14th December 2016, 18:08   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is Dealer specific discount. Not a brand wide discount. Scrambler discount was across India. I am not sure the Monster 821 discount is across India. At least I didn't see/hear any of it from my dealer.
During my interaction with Roald from Ducati Mumbai, the email which he sent merely mentions a "year end discount" on the Monster.

Dark discount of INR 101,066 on OTR INR 1,297,258
Red discount of INR 106,580 on OTR INR 1,365,859

See the breakup of the pricing in my earlier post.

Cheers

P.S. Mods please merge both my posts if required as I had already posted the first one before seeing the other reply. Thank you.

Last edited by Cyborg : 14th December 2016 at 18:11.
Old 14th December 2016, 18:10   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Which bike Shubz Monster 821?
Sorry, I should've been more specific. Yes. its a Monster 821 that's on sale with 6000 on the Odo.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 23:18   #369
BHPian

They call it "Price Support". This ~ 1 lac discount is available on both monsters. Can't say about other models. Most definitely will be there.

@Cyborg,

Speed triple is an excellent bike. But monster look is very different than that of speed triple. I kind of do not like it. Also, I have known about the four Japanese brands and Ducati since childhood. Triumph, benneli, hyosung.. these brands I came to hear about only recently. These brands don't hold that kinda weight in my heart.

I am checking out the GSX S, its in the price range similar to speed triple. But this bike also looks "bad", if I could say so. But its an insane liter bike in a naked frame. As I feel from internet reviews, compared to all nakeds derived from literbikes of yamaha, honda and kawasaki, this one is a class apart. Also the K5 engine is quite legendary.
Old 15th December 2016, 00:20   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Unless you are completely smitten by the red beauty, allow me to confuse you further
Since you are spending/ready to spend INR 12.79 lakhs for the Monster Red, it comes dangerously close to the Triumph Speed Triple 1050 which is even more of an insane beast. It should be between INR 13-14 lakhs and I am sure they must be also having discounts/loan offers. Maybe worth a check for you.
Let me further add to the confusion. Please check out the FZ09 also
Old 17th December 2016, 22:29   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds cool Sen. Congratulations seem to be in order.

Let me know when you are taking delivery so I can come over for a test ride of your new baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Let me further add to the confusion. Please check out the FZ09 also
Today I went to Ducati Mumbai showroom and took a detailed test ride. Truly said, I did get completely smitten. Like I was back in 1992.
Th showroom guys - sydney, saumil and niharika are really nice people. They gave me a detailed test ride on carter road and also answered all my queries patiently. To top it all, they offered a deal I could not refuse. :-)

If things go as per plan, I should see my supermodel walk in by mid January.

PS -
I also went to DSG Juhu and test rode the GSX S 1000F. The showroom people are truly messed up, more suited to scooty sales I guess. I wouldn't go on about all that happened there as this is a Ducati thread.

Suffice to say that Ducati showroom guys win hands down.
The bike, well.. I do not know of any other literbike so unremarkable and dare I say, plain.
sen2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 23:36   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I went to Ducati Mumbai showroom and took a detailed test ride. Truly said, I did get completely smitten. Like I was back in 1992.
To top it all, they offered a deal I could not refuse. :-)
Great man, all the best!

Could you elaborate on the test ride? How comfortable was she? Did you try out all the rider modes?

I would interested in knowing the deal Ducati offered. Please PM me if you would not like to post it on the forum.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 13:14   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Great man, all the best!

Could you elaborate on the test ride? How comfortable was she? Did you try out all the rider modes?

I would interested in knowing the deal Ducati offered. Please PM me if you would not like to post it on the forum.

Cheers
I was given quite an elaborate test ride with detailed explanation on how to ride the bike in the two conditions available on the route. (image of the route is attached. Red circle is the showroom, blue circle is the farthest point on the route. I took about 7 loops on the carter road stretch).
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-test-ride-route.jpg

From the showroom till the start of carter road, I rode with urban mode. If one is careful with the accelerator, the bike behaves extremely docile and friendly.
All the internal roads were filled with Saturday afternoon traffic of millions of autos and cars and bikes. There was a small crossing every 50 meters or so. One has to inch the front wheel 6 inch at a time to first block the traffic coming across. Then one has to lean and twist and somehow insert the whole bike in front of across traffic to block them. Then one has to move the front wheel left right left right and find a way to insert the bike inside the opposite side traffic, which of course blocks the whole road leaving no space of any kind.

The Ducati monster on urban mode does this better than Bajaj V15 and discover. One has to note that it must be brought down to 1st gear for this. 2nd gear knocks. Fine clutch accelerator balance and control is needed. Carelessness on this part (happened couple of times to me) makes the bike roar like a wounded T-Rex and makes everyone within half mile pee in their pants. Had the traffic not been so extremely dense, people would give way. Every driver rider I made eye contact with, nodded in submission. (I like that )

It heats up a lot in this kind of first gear riding though. The exhaust guard touches the right leg and heats it up. But it does not burn. I wore a torn (near the knee) jeans to look cool and not 38. Still I did not get any boils or burns. (In my opinion that's good enough). But it gets hot, no doubt about that.

The good part is, as soon as one gets to ride for 50 meters on 2nd gear, it cools pretty much instantly. Yesterday ambient temperature was around 33-34 C. So I guess heating while very much present, is not an issue.

I tried out the Touring mode on carter road. traffic was pretty dense here too, but was flowing at 30kmph+. That and the speed breakers every 200 meters does not allow the rider to accelerate much. But I could see 115 on the speedo once. Mostly I kept it under 80. The acceleration pattern changes quite dramatically on touring mode and even a minimum clutch slip or careless throttle twist will cause it to kind of jump forward. They said that due to DSP it will not wheelie, however stupid the rider is.

The sound is audible from far. Every car/bike/auto coming from opposite side and crossing my side to get into a side lane stopped, bowed and saluted till I passed. This was the case even when there was a speed breaker right before the cut and I had to slow down to 10-12kmph. People waited patiently till the monster passes. People waited a bit more till they couldn't see it any more.
I am exaggerating on this, I didn't bother to check who was looking. My wife was riding pillion with Niharika (Showroom Person) on a scrambler tailing me. She noted this and hence approved the purchase.

The most remarkable thing was the brakes. At low speed, one has to be careful. I had to brake a lot while pushing thru the internal roads. The softest and most delicate squeeze makes one feel that the bike has hit a wall. At speeds above 70-80, the brakes bite like there's no tomorrow and brings it down to 10-12 range instantly. Probably due to the DTC and ABS, I never felt any instability whatsoever. I always braked with the softest possible squeeze and I think one would be better off without grabbing onto the front brake. Showroom people told me that due to the Ducati Safety Pack, one can brake under whatever conditions (including heavy rain) with whatever force and the bike will stop and stay upright. I think I believe them.

The Suspension was set at default and it is pretty comfortable. Large part of internal roads were cobbled. (Mumbai people know what this is and what does it do to a bike rider). I did not feel any discomfort. I ride an old bullet which also is remarkably poised on cobbled roads. This was another level altogether.

The horn is a joke and I could never tell if it was blowing above the noise of the bike. The headlight remains on and makes people do that gesture. I was getting annoyed as they were doing this to the scrambler too with the showroom girl and my wife on it. Decided to forgive as this would be pretty much an everyday thing.

I am about 5 Ft 9 Inches. There are two seat height possible on this bike. They kept it at the lower setting. I could put my feet firmly on the ground, lean the stationary bike on either side with ease.
The petrol tank is kind of HUGE. So while seated, one feels like being in the bike and not on it. My pot belly gave me a nice cushion against the tank during the braking. as far as I could tell, there is not much load on the wrists and shoulders also remain fairly free and light.

I took my wife on pillion during the last loop on carter road. I fell back to urban mode during this loop. My wife complaints all the time about bullet pillion seat (!!!!). She only feels comfortable on the thunderbird due to its high back rest.

But she did not find this pillion seat uncomfortable or unsafe even though this seat is much smaller and has no back rest. I told her to grab the grab rails but instead she grabbed my tummy with both her hands and transferred all her weight on my back whenever I braked.
On our way back from carter road to showroom, I put the bike back in urban mode. My wife was scared and shrieked whenever I twisted the throttle a little more than absolutely minimum. Or whenever I braked, even at 10 kmph. She later said that she was afraid of the sound.

There is one more thing. There is this pride thing among bullet riders about maintaining balance and never putting a foot down even at 5 kmph speed. One can do that on this bike. It is very well balanced and due to whatever gyroscopic advantage it offers, I could take U turns on carter road without putting my feet down 4 times out of 7. This probably is nothing important for most riders, but does hold a great deal of swag value for me.

So that is my test ride experience.

The pricing for me is as following -

· Ex-showroom Thane Rs. 10,15,050/- (No Octroi)
· Registration Rs. 2,32,070/-
· Insurance Rs. 25,000/-
· Depot Charges Rs. 10,000/-
· CRTM Rs. 2,000/-
· Tcs@1% Rs. 10,658/-
· Total Rs. 12,94,778/- (Gross)

· Support Rs. -1,01,505/-
· Total Rs. 11,93,273/- (After Discount)

Showroom guys are getting a finance scheme worked out with about 1.5 Lacs down payment and 22K EMI for 5 Years. I will post details about this after a few days once the loan is sanctioned.

They did ask me to maintain confidentiality for this pricing, but they allowed sharing with team-bhp community. They also said that the VIP treatment for me was because I was a senior member of team-bhp (I lied).

Last edited by sen2009 : 18th December 2016 at 13:20.
sen2009 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 15:12   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was given quite an elaborate test ride with detailed explanation on how to ride the bike in the two conditions available on the route. (image of the route is attached. Red circle is the showroom, blue circle is the farthest point on the route. I took about 7 loops on the carter road stretch).

The pricing for me is as following -

· Ex-showroom Thane Rs. 10,15,050/- (No Octroi)
· Total Rs. 11,93,273/- (After Discount)

Showroom guys are getting a finance scheme worked out with about 1.5 Lacs down payment and 22K EMI for 5 Years. I will post details about this after a few days once the loan is sanctioned.
Thanks for the detailed run thru of your test ride Sen
I am very familiar with the Bandra area and its the same route they use for everybody.

Do you reside in Thane or are they able to work the no octroi pricing irrespective? In the email which I received the ex-showroom with octroi is INR 1,010,657 for the Dark and INR 1,065,803 for the Red. Its strange, the ex-showroom price does not seem to be standard.

Is it the the Dark model you are buying? if so check regarding the pillion seat cowl which is standard on the Red.

Do post the exact EMI component and paper work details after your loan gets processed. Any information on the processing fees, stamp duty and some PDD charge which supposedly applies on a loan purchase.

Happy riding

Cheers
Old 18th December 2016, 19:59   #375
BHPian

Quote:

Do you reside in Thane or are they able to work the no octroi pricing irrespective? In the email which I received the ex-showroom with octroi is INR 1,010,657 for the Dark and INR 1,065,803 for the Red. Its strange, the ex-showroom price does not seem to be standard.

Cheers
I reside in Thane, so that's about 50K off for Octroi. I will post full details of financing scheme and its all components once I get it finalized.

In the meanwhile, can someone point me to a good PDI checklist?

I have asked and have been granted a PDI at Bhiwandi during unpettying (kids call this unboxing these days) procedure. I must ensure that I am not getting a lemon.

I also need some advice on riding gears. (@mods, I understand that this query is off topic here, please pardon this one digress).
sen2009 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks