Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2015, 17:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Just came across an interesting news on Overdrive India website: http://overdrive.in/news/ducati-indi...from-march-18/

If true, I am excited More importantly, does anybody have any lowdown on this news?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 18:44   #2
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

ACI reports that the Scrambler is expected to be priced at 7 lakhs !

Source: Autocar India

Quote:
Ducati has endured a roller coaster ride in India, having entered our big bike market early in 2008, but making the mistake of choosing an errant distributor, Precision Motors, as their partner. Poor and unethical business practices from the Indian partner, along with the Bologna-based company taking a long time to step in, address and rectify the situation, has saddled Ducati with a legacy of heartbroken Indian customers, apart from damaging the premium Italian firm's reputation. Ducati’s India sales have remained at a standstill for over a year now, while the firm continued work to get their Indian wing in order, getting set to fight on and make good with a second innings in the country. And this time, Ducati is completely on its own, with a new found backing from Audi, its new owners.

Last edited by GTO : 5th February 2015 at 12:41. Reason: Excerpt + link
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 21:32   #3
BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Last time they had a monster available for 6 or 7 L ex showroom . Was that bike a CKD or CBU import ? Any word on whether they will operate an assembly line here for CKD imports ?

The monster if priced right can offer serious and damaging competition to kawasaki 650-800cc and triumph 675cc range .

If there is a scrambler available for 7-8L on road , there goes my plans of my own car purchase . Car be damned , I want the scrambler .

They get their own showroom or can we expect them to share space with Audi ? I hope they do that , it will make sure the bike has service support in more cities sooner .
basuroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 01:17   #4
BHPian

Finally I'm hopeful to see what real Ducati experience will be like here in India. And after getting to know the prices of the Diavel and 899 Panigale my mouth is watering like hell. Though I'm a die hard Busa fan I think I will give up on it for a Diavel (Just for the pricing of it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Last time they had a monster available for 6 or 7 L ex showroom . Was that bike a CKD or CBU import ? Any word on whether they will operate an assembly line here for CKD imports ?

The monster if priced right can offer serious and damaging competition to kawasaki 650-800cc and triumph 675cc range .

If there is a scrambler available for 7-8L on road , there goes my plans of my own car purchase . Car be damned , I want the scrambler .

They get their own showroom or can we expect them to share space with Audi ? I hope they do that , it will make sure the bike has service support in more cities sooner .
Basuroy the prices of the bike to come are really yummy. Diavel @ 14L, 899 Panigale @ 13.5L and Monster 795 @ 7L ex-showroom (prices from a source up in Ducati India) these guys have decided to give the well settle players like Kawasaki and Triumph a run for their money and bikes too

Scrambler should come in soon and is one of the most anticipated models for Indians. Expect the price to be 7-8L on-road (sounds yummy isn't it? )

As of now Ducati is opening two dedicated dealerships (Delhi & Gurgaon). I also have news that Mumbai & Goa dealership will be up sooner. If Audi's dealer network is taken into consideration for aftersales support I think Ducati will have a better edge over others in India.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote feature to reply to multiple posts as it avoids back to back posts. See this for more info.

Last edited by n_aditya : 5th February 2015 at 08:18. Reason: Posts merged
akshayhonda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 13:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Diavel @ 14L, 899 Panigale @ 13.5L and Monster 795 @ 7L ex-showroom (prices from a source up in Ducati India) these guys have decided to give the well settle players like Kawasaki and Triumph a run for their money and bikes too
Are you sure about Diavel @ 14L and Panigale @ 13.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
M795/796 were imported as CBU. None of their bikes were CKD as they never had an assembly line.
I read that this time they are planning to assemble few bikes in coming months. But right now all of their line up will be CBU.

Last edited by djay99 : 5th February 2015 at 13:21.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 16:58   #6
BHPian

This is confirmed news. The pricing is also pretty accurate.

I bought an HD a few months back and a lot of sales staff have switched from HD to Ducati. They called me with an invite for the launch. A showroom is coming up in Gurgaon this month.

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2015 at 12:23. Reason: Typos
fiorano88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 20:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Are you sure about Diavel @ 14L and Panigale @ 13.5L
Yes pretty sure. My buddy owns a Ducati dealership in Goa
akshayhonda is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 08:19   #8
BHPian

just when I have been drooling over the red Monster for the last 15 days. Guess it's time to talk to my parents as they want me to buy a car

Only thing to know is the cost and availability of spares and whether the 795 comes with ABS or not.
munchy_cool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 15:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Yes pretty sure. My buddy owns a Ducati dealership in Goa
Man, you just made my day! I can't wait for the launch. I am 100% sure I am going to buy something stupid
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 15:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
just when I have been drooling over the red Monster for the last 15 days. Guess it's time to talk to my parents as they want me to buy a car

Only thing to know is the cost and availability of spares and whether the 795 comes with ABS or not.
Don't worry about availability of spares.
Old 6th February 2015, 15:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Don't worry about availability of spares.
haha ..Guess I forgot you were on this forum as well . But now that I think about it I would still love to restore the engine on that red cbz we have parked in your garage and give it monster look.
munchy_cool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 19:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Man, you just made my day! I can't wait for the launch. I am 100% sure I am going to buy something stupid
Haha same here. Giving up on buying Busa because of Diavel pricing mate
Old 6th February 2015, 22:09   #13
BHPian

Who wants a kidney and a KTM 390 here ?

Because I want a monster . Said it before and will say it again , I cannot fathom how kawasaki and especially triumph will get away with their rates (And in case of triumph , CKD models no less ) if a monster 795 is for 7 and a diavel is for 14 . The harley v rod costs more than twice the diavel ! And Ducati rivals , maybe even beats HD in brand recognition which matters in this type of market .

Ducati is perceived as the elite of sportsbike manufactures , they can price their equal capacity bikes 20% more than triumph or japanese makes and it will be acceptable , 10% less ? the market is turned upside down . Once they get the dealership chain ready , they will be near unbeatable . Triumph scored big in that sector , opened a dozen dealership in a year , kawasaki piggy backs on KTM which are present almost everywhere .
Old 6th February 2015, 23:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Offer a service package along with the bike to buy and i am in for one. These are one of the costliest bike to maintain on long run. From scrambling for parts to finding dealers having the parts in time is a big hassle.

And expect the Diavel to be be around 17L minimum. The base version costs almost $17,995 which roughly will translate after tax etc to more than 17L. I dont see Diavel priced at 14L.

Hell the FZ1 is 14L (Superbly over priced)
Old 7th February 2015, 01:42   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
And expect the Diavel to be be around 17L minimum. The base version costs almost $17,995 which roughly will translate after tax etc to more than 17L. I dont see Diavel priced at 14L.
VW2010 the Diavel Std & Carbon, Monster 795, Panigale 899 and the Scrambler will be brought down to India from Ducati's Thailand plant. Hence the prices are justified.

And recently Ducati has imported a Diavel to India at a declared price of 10L
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-diavel.gif

Last edited by akshayhonda : 7th February 2015 at 01:55.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks