Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 19:21   #136
BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

"Riding a motorcycle just got a whole lot safer, which means that riding a motorcycle in the real world just got a whole lot faster, too. And more fun."

New Ducati Stability System Makes Crashing Near Impossible!

Read the amazing technology here: http://www.wired.com/2015/06/new-duc...ar-impossible/
amanomics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 07:43   #137
BHPian

Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
The 'devilest' of them all ! What a looker ! And, how lucky you got to get your hands on her !

Its an Italian. Its a Ducati Diavel and everything is thus forgiven !

As for refinement, the Daytona is a triple so, inherently, more so.
Actually Triples are inherently unbalanced and need a counterweight to balance things out. So more points here for Triumph whose triples are certainly more refined than the Benelli's.

As for the Ducatis, I think the "unrefined" character is more due to the fact that its only two-cylinders that are displacing large volumes rather than the engine configuration itself.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 10:39   #138
BHPian

Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Actually Triples are inherently unbalanced and need a counterweight to balance things out. So more points here for Triumph whose triples are certainly more refined than the Benelli's.
Silly me ! Always thought refinement went down with the number of cylinders, going by the way the machines move on the road. Thanks for correcting !
Old 13th June 2015, 21:26   #139
BHPian

re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Went to the Gurgaon Showroom/Service Centre for the first time today. Had some time to kill while awaiting collection of my Scrambler. Some phone pics of the two wheeled beauties and the surroundings.

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducatiservicecentre.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-showroomoutside.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducatishowroomscramblerdisplay.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-reception.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-diavelampstrada.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-scramblerdisplay.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-monster821.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-accessorydisplay.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-desmocafeseating.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-desmocafe.jpg

Was amused to see a completely different kettle of fish right next door -

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-indianshowroom.jpg
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 20:42   #140
Senior - BHPian

Ducati’s dealerships have already opened up in India, and now the brand has officially marked its return to our sub-continent.

At an event held in New Delhi at one of the largest Ducati showrooms in the world, the Italian superbike maker announced its plans for India. The brand took the occasion to announce the arrival of two new variants of the Scrambler as well i.e. the Classic & Full Throttle.

Ravi Avalur, MD - Ducati India Pvt. Ltd, also confirmed that Ducati will be opening the UB City, Bangalore dealership in October this year, with dealerships planned in Pune and Hyderabad as well.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducati.jpg
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 21:25   #141
BHPian

If 899 is priced to on road price of dayatona 675R (fyi ~15 lacs - Blore), then Triumph might take a hit..
Old 20th June 2015, 11:05   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Some phone pics of the two wheeled beauties and the surroundings.
Wow, I finally get to see the Carbon white in the pic (can't say in the flesh). How does she look in person?. I was considering it as i have lots of scope to play around. The Bombay dealers say they can only show the white if someone orders it, they don't have one in stock. It is also superb to see the Termi exhausts on display, which means Warrenty will be intact if one gets the exhaust from outside and fits it on their own.
Old 20th June 2015, 15:42   #143
BHPian

The white Carbon edition in the flesh is simply mind blowing. There is something about the entire Ducati line-up - they all look so magnificent from up close, pictures are never able to do justice to them. I don't know if this is due to the Italian design cues or the exotic materials they use to finish the bikes, their real beauty is very hard to capture on camera.

I think it's worth taking a trip to see it in flesh and possibly test ride one on Gurgaon expressways before you pull the trigger. Always a pleasure to catch up with fellow Ducati fans.

As for Termi's specific to Ducati models, they are an official accessory sold exclusively by Ducati through their resellers and their own stores. One can't purchase any from Termignoni directly or elsewhere.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st June 2015 at 15:04. Reason: Removing references to alcohol. Please refrain as they are against the rules. Thanks!
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 11:52   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The white Carbon edition in the flesh is simply mind blowing. There is something about the entire Ducati line-up - they all look so magnificent from up close, pictures are never able to do justice to them. I don't know if this is due to the Italian design cues or the exotic materials they use to finish the bikes, their real beauty is very hard to capture on camera.
I was just comparing pics of the white and the red carbon. The white does not seem to have the body colour stitching on the seat like the red does. Both share the same thing, but the white is 50k more expensive. The striping on both bikes is a wrap and not a paint job. In person the ducati's look out of the world and as you mentioned, pictures don't do justice to them.

Quote:
I think it's worth taking a trip to see it in flesh and possibly test ride one on Gurgaon expressways before you pull the trigger. Beer is on me. Always a pleasure to catch up with fellow Ducati fans.
Haha, i can just come down like that only..dont need a bike as an excuse..

Quote:
As for Termi's specific to Ducati models, they are an official accessory sold exclusively by Ducati through their resellers and their own stores. One can't purchase any from Termignoni directly or elsewhere.
Nothing like that, my friend has Termi's on his ZX10r (slip on) and 3 (slip on and full system) other friends on their brand new diavels. They all have bought the exhaust from the open market.
Old 21st June 2015, 13:43   #145
Senior - BHPian

That is a great looking facility. Love the Diavel in that shade. How soon does the full throttle version of the scrambler launch in India?
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:44   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
That is a great looking facility. Love the Diavel in that shade. How soon does the full throttle version of the scrambler launch in India?
The display vehicles were to come by end of this week or maximum next week in Bombay and the selling vehicles in september.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 17:48   #147
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Is the Monster 821 expected to reach India soon? Will it just replace the 795 or placed higher?

This article claims that 795 is being sold on clearance and 821 is expected.
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...n-india/21775/
Old 8th July 2015, 22:17   #148
BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

waiting for a review from a 2015 supersport ducati owner on this forum
Old 9th July 2015, 10:25   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Is the Monster 821 expected to reach India soon? Will it just replace the 795 or placed higher?
In delhi the show room people said 821 is already available ready for delivery at OTR 10.96.
Old 9th July 2015, 10:30   #150
BHPian

Could someone please post pictures of the 899 and possibly an ownership review as well? The guys from Ducati still don't have the slightest clue when the Bangalore showroom will open :(
blahman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed