Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 19:19   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So I've been trudging along with Leo and loving every moment of it so far.

Yesterday there was a lovely ride by the Ducatistas and in the bargain - I have spent lovely 4000+ Kms with Leo!
Hey Shubz,

Great going man, keep revving

It's high time you put up a detailed ownership review of Leo like you did with your last two rides. I checked out the Multi at Ducati Bombay and feel its head and shoulders above its ilk.

The colour TFT display looks absolutely smashing mate.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 19:25   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hey Shubz,

Great going man, keep revving

It's high time you put up a detailed ownership review of Leo like you did with your last two rides. I checked out the Multi at Ducati Bombay and feel its head and shoulders above its ilk.

The colour TFT display looks absolutely smashing mate.

Cheers
Thanks mate! I started on the ownership review. Didn't feel it had the punch so have it as .doc draft and haven't been able to find time to drive it in. lol.

The display is one of the major highlights of the 1200 S -- its simply amazing to have so many options to work on, so many settings to choose from. I have played with only a few settings as I have been busy riding with it. Will do some fiddling tweaking with the settings in a bit.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 19:36   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The display is one of the major highlights of the 1200 S -- its simply amazing to have so many options to work on, so many settings to choose from. I have played with only a few settings as I have been busy riding with it. Will do some fiddling tweaking with the settings in a bit.
Look forward to your review then - as and when able

I believe there is an app for the Multi which enables another crazy amount of settings/functions via a mobile device with options to post on social media as well. Have you downloaded the app and do you use it?

I understand the ownership review for this beast will be a mammoth task, but, do complete it in as detailed a manner as possible.

Ride safe baba!

Cheers
Old 4th April 2016, 19:59   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Look forward to your review then - as and when able

I believe there is an app for the Multi which enables another crazy amount of settings/functions via a mobile device with options to post on social media as well. Have you downloaded the app and do you use it?

I understand the ownership review for this beast will be a mammoth task, but, do complete it in as detailed a manner as possible.

Ride safe baba!

Cheers
Oh yes. There is this awesome App that captures and displays data among other performance parameters. Some of the screen shots taken while on Hyderabad ride are here.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7818.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7816.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_7819.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2016 at 07:44. Reason: Deleting image depicting high speed riding
Shubz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 20:45   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes. There is this awesome App that captures and displays data among other performance parameters. Some of the screen shots taken while on Hyderabad ride are here.
The lean angle data logging is simply amazing. Awestruck...

Enjoy the ride and Congratulations once again.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 10:50   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The lean angle data logging is simply amazing. Awestruck...

Enjoy the ride and Congratulations once again.

Cheers...
Thanks Dhiraj bhai.

Its a joy leaning on this bike. I have data reading 33° when on rides to Yercaud. I am surprised that I could use 117 horses off the beast on the ride to Hyd and back.
Old 6th April 2016, 10:42   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody here own a hyperstrada or hypermotard? Haven't seen any ownership reviews or experiences. I am particularly impressed by this jack of all trades bike and ofcourse the Ducati moniker.

Would be lovely if someone comes forward with ride impressions.
Old 17th April 2016, 18:16   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I have heard that plenty of used Diavel's are there in the market as well so obviously its a hot selling Ducati. I've also heard that the Diavel suffers from some sprocket/chain issue. I do not have much dope about it and could be wrong as well. So just asking, is there any such issue to be worried about for future customers? Any info regarding this would help.

Apart from fellow bhpians gthang (Diavel Carbon) and Artem (Diavel Dark), I do not remember any other bhpian owning a Diavel in the forum. It would be great if they can clarify this.

And I must say, Aman bhai we are waiting for the ownership thread of your latest acquisition.
Hi dude, well there isn't any issue as such with the sprocket/ chain. The only deal is while on a higher gear at a lower RPM the chain bangs against the chain guard(i believe it is the chain guard) and it makes a bit of a noise. This can be avoided by riding the bike on a lower gear at higher RPM ! Basically ensuring the chain is taut at all times. Besides this there isn't any issue as such !

A couple of months after picking up the bike, my fuel sensor went kaput ! The same was replaced under warranty. Apparently this is an inherent problem with the Diavel and Ducati is trying to sort this issue out. For the time being they are only replacing the fuel sensor.

Let me know if anyone has any other doubts/ clarifications w.r.t the diavel, if I can't give any substantial information regarding the query I can definitely get it clarified from the other owners in the Ducati group.

Regards,

Artem
Artem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 14:02   #309
CGB
BHPian

Shubz,
That's one great machine and meant for what it is built. Congratulations on the purchase and ride safe. We are looking forward for a ownership review from you And how is HE coping with the heat?
CGB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:23   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Shubz,
That's one great machine and meant for what it is built. Congratulations on the purchase and ride safe. We are looking forward for a ownership review from you And how is HE coping with the heat?

Thank you CGB,

Unfortunately I have not been able to put together an ownership review due to paucity of time. But will keep updating this thread.

Heat: In city conditions - on Touring Mode -- Inside of your thighs are sure to get scalded.

in Urban mode -- its a lot better.

In both modes the temperature could reach up to 105° C on the gauge and fan kicks in bringing it down to 99° C

On Highways - it hovers around the 60°-75° mark. :-)
Old 20th May 2016, 11:01   #311
Senior - BHPian

Just wake this thread up. Completed 5000 Kms. This must be the slowest 5000 mark I have crawled to!

There was a recall on certain VIN number for a faulty fuel sensor gauge -- It was replaced. Else there are no other issues to report. I alternate between Touring and Sport mode and after a few reads on Ducati forums, have decided to hang on to the Sport mode with control over the wrist.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_0032.jpg  

Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:45   #312
Senior - BHPian

Ducati 959 Panigale now on sale at Rs 14.37 lakh

After making its Indian debut at the 2016 India Bike Week in Goa, the Ducati 959 Panigale is now available for sale at the company's Mumbai based dealership in Bandra. Prices of the 959 Panigale start from Rs 14.37 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai).

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-3.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 6th June 2016 at 13:46.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 15:07   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Great pricing, this will give MV Agusta a run for their money even before they started their operations.

I think someone at Ducati should be fired to those ugly looking exhaust pipes. Yes most people who will buy this bike will opt for a aftermarket exhaust but those are the ugliest ones I've seen on any bike ever!
Old 6th June 2016, 17:30   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Great pricing, this will give MV Agusta a run for their money even before they started their operations.

I think someone at Ducati should be fired to those ugly looking exhaust pipes. Yes most people who will buy this bike will opt for a aftermarket exhaust but those are the ugliest ones I've seen on any bike ever!
Haha.. the ugly pipes are only for India bound machines I am guessing, to comply with the emission norms?

The US bound one's have underbelly exhausts just like the earlier versions.
Old 6th June 2016, 17:55   #315
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Can they not have underbody or underseat exhausts which can conform to emission regulations? Was this the best they could come up with? They just stand out like a sore thumb on an otherwise beautiful bike.
Take the MV F3 for example, those are one of the best looking side exhausts I have ever seen.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks