Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2015, 12:25   #106
BHPian

The hearsay is of course based on your HOT experience (based on your ride back home).

No trousers for me, am a jeans guy. In the city, even a Street 750 generates loads of heat. Experienced it at St Marks road during the test ride. Cursed the mad traffic on the road. To top it, onlookers wanted me to rev it up to hear the sweet sound of the Harley. Felt like an entertainer trapped in a hot sauna.

Well, besides heat (in the city), have you faced any other challenge with the bike?

Last edited by manson : 6th June 2015 at 13:52. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 6th June 2015, 22:54   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!

So today Rambo gets a new Avatar.

Vance & Hines Super Radius 2x2
FuelPak FP3
Stage 1 Air filter.

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-f8913369e23d12ba788fde9d68e2b68e.jpg

Was an exciting thing to tune the bike myself with the entire HD crew around me. So I have just 1 pic and 1 video of the initial rumble. Will take more pics when I take Rambo out in the sunlight.

Initial impression: Its not ear shattering (Thank god for that) I had my share of "ear shattering" VnH's with my AW. Now it was time to get "decent" lol.

The growl is VERY distinct - I could see people way ahead, turn around even when it was idling at traffic lights.

The bike is running significantly cooler. The same traffic - on my return - pre FP3 - Tandoori underthighs were guaranteed. But tonight - I could feel my thigh was safe though I could feel the engine warmth.

Biggest thing notice - NO DECEL POPs. On open stretches, I did open up the throttle - Man! That sounds real good and NO Popping on letting go of the throttle. y'all may be surprised at this - Even stock exhaust was throwing up Pops not as bad as short shots/big radius pops though.

I may be writing all this being super excited. I shall keep updating on the progress. One thing I know - Once I run a few hundred KMS - the sound is going to be different!

Cheers.
Shubz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 16:05   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So I have just 1 pic and 1 video of the initial rumble.
Great going on the modifications Shubz!

Cannot view the video, getting the following error message:
"Please sign in to see the video".

Have fun and ride safe.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 16:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Cyborg! Not sure what the issue is. I am reposting the video. Hope this time it works.

Cheers.

Once again - Video does not do justice to the actual sound!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 20:03   #110
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shubz, the video plays fine now. Perhaps your re-post removed the gremlins

The deep rumble sounds good in the video and I am sure must be eargasmic in close proximity.

How much has the power and drivability increased vis-a-vis stock with these modifications? I know it's early days, but still.

Cheers mate.
Old 10th June 2015, 11:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thanks Shubz, the video plays fine now. Perhaps your re-post removed the gremlins

The deep rumble sounds good in the video and I am sure must be eargasmic in close proximity.

How much has the power and drivability increased vis-a-vis stock with these modifications? I know it's early days, but still.

Cheers mate.
Cyborg - I wish I could answer this. Seriously have no data to share. Looking forward to ride this weekend and then check and report.

Meanwhile another pic of the VnH on Rambo in proper daylight.

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-img_4685.jpg
Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 12:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile another pic of the VnH on Rambo in proper daylight.
Those solid wheels must be a pleasure to polish Shubz. Compared to spokes or even alloys.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Those solid wheels must be a pleasure to polish Shubz. Compared to spokes or even alloys.

Oh yes, pleasure to polish and easy as well. Not that I have gotten down to do that yet.

Have only gotten it done at the SVC but if you look at it closely, you can see the wipe marks on the wheels and other places.
Old 10th June 2015, 14:12   #114
BHPian

fantastic shubz, fantastic upgrade from Iron. Have you changed your seats? and what is total expenditure till now ?
Old 10th June 2015, 19:58   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cyborg - I wish I could answer this.
Hey Shubhankar,

They look fantastic but not sure on the their audio output. Somewhere down the line this sounds very much different from the Harley sound at idle but regains it all back when you revved it up.

However it could be lack of proper audio recording but nevertheless it looks simply neat.

Should bump into you mate to check out these new tubes you have put.

What was the total damage if you don't mind sharing?
Old 10th June 2015, 21:32   #116
BHPian

Congrats Shubz on the upgrade. Looks really rocking. Somewhat like a Mad Max Fury Road bike now! Look forward to hearing more about your weekend ride experience. Wishing you a long and safe ride mate. I see a leather patch under your seat. Is that a heat shield?

Last edited by Sam Panch : 10th June 2015 at 21:54. Reason: didn't see my message so wrote a new one. But I found my old message after a few minutes
Old 10th June 2015, 21:52   #117
BHPian

Congrats Shubz on the upgrade. Look forward to hearing more about your riding experiences with the new kit. I see a leather patch under your seat. Is that a heat shield?
Old 11th June 2015, 10:46   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
fantastic shubz, fantastic upgrade from Iron. Have you changed your seats? and what is total expenditure till now ?
No Raj, I haven't changed my seat. It is stock seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hey Shubhankar,

They look fantastic but not sure on the their audio output. Somewhere down the line this sounds very much different from the Harley sound at idle but regains it all back when you revved it up.

However it could be lack of proper audio recording but nevertheless it looks simply neat.

Should bump into you mate to check out these new tubes you have put.

What was the total damage if you don't mind sharing?
Regarding audio output - this is still fresh. the system has to set itself a bit and then I will put up another video/audio. But I still insist on hearing it in person.

The cost of the Pipes

INR 98000\-
FP3 35000\-
Phat wires/Spark plugs/Stage 1 SE air intake filter/Labor cost - around 15000/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
Congrats Shubz on the upgrade. Looks really rocking. Somewhat like a Mad Max Fury Road bike now! Look forward to hearing more about your weekend ride experience. Wishing you a long and safe ride mate. I see a leather patch under your seat. Is that a heat shield?
Sam - Thanks! It is not a leather patch but a fiber heat shield.

Cheers.
Old 11th June 2015, 11:38   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I still insist on hearing it in person.

The cost of the Pipes

INR 98000\-
FP3 35000\-
Phat wires/Spark plugs/Stage 1 SE air intake filter/Labor cost - around 15000/-
Yes chief, need to listen to this exhaust as I have only seen such examples on net but not in person.

Thats quite a lot of dough you have spent but am sure end of the day it would be worth every penny.

Ride Safe...
Old 11th June 2015, 13:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

What's the part no of the Screamin Eagles Filter Shubz? It looks like it fits inside the stock cover without modifications?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks