Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 13:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Yes chief, need to listen to this exhaust as I have only seen such examples on net but not in person.

Thats quite a lot of dough you have spent but am sure end of the day it would be worth every penny.

Ride Safe...
Hoping it is worth! :-)

As of this particular exhaust, I was given to understand that this is the first softail with this exhaust.

there have been Dyna's that have got this exhaust but not Softails. Not sure how far it is true.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 17:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
What's the part no of the Screamin Eagles Filter Shubz? It looks like it fits inside the stock cover without modifications?
Will get you the part number once I get home as the bill is at home (Wish HD stops wasting reams of paper and sends digital invoices instead) and yes, there was no modifications done - removed stock filter, added Stage 1 filter. done!

The good thing about VnH pipes - they sent the rear foot peg mod kit as well as a part of the package. so there was a level that moved the rear foot peg a couple inches higher.

EDIT: I just got it from the SA now - Part number is 29773-02C

Last edited by Shubz : 11th June 2015 at 17:37.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 10:07   #123
Senior - BHPian

Sunday - Did a ~400 km round trip towards Chitradurga and Back to check the VnH tune for the first time.

I must say I am thoroughly impressed! Very linear acceleration! Good low end torque. Machine doesn't lug/choke/cough at lower speeds/higher gears.

No decel pop at all. It did pop may be 3 times in the entire trip and that too on the return (fuel quality?)

I am keen to understand the FP3 system better. How to store/read/analyze ride data & many more. I will be interacting with the VnH folks on this.

In the bargain, I crossed 5000 kms on Rambo. Too bad I couldn't catch the 5000 mark. But I did catch this mark.

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-11401334_10153477840442009_6523626293242652966_n.jpg
Shubz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 11:00   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
It did pop may be 3 times in the entire trip and that too on the return (fuel quality?)
With so much hardware now installed I don't think it should pop. Maybe you have a very free flowing exhaust and not so air intake. Time for a Stage 2 Heavy Breather, perhaps?
Old 15th June 2015, 12:14   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With so much hardware now installed I don't think it should pop. Maybe you have a very free flowing exhaust and not so air intake. Time for a Stage 2 Heavy Breather, perhaps?
the air intake is not as constricted as it seems to be. Popping is a sign of incorrect tune, is it not? No popping is supposed to be right tune.

and yes, It returned a FE of 19.6/L as per my calculations. and I need this data from FP3 (their FAQ says I can get this info too.)
Old 15th June 2015, 13:31   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Popping is a sign of incorrect tune, is it not?
With the FP3 installed all your tuning issues should have been sorted out. If the problem is remaining even after FP3 it means either you have loaded the wrong tune through FP3 or a further fine tuning of that tune is required according to the exact exhaust and air intake model. Ideally with a very free flowing exhaust, a heavy breather (stage 2) intake is recommended. I would suggest you contact Vance & Hines customer care detailing your exact hardware and ask them to send you a perfect tune for this setup.

PS - I believe the FP3 also comes with a auto-tune feature like the Power Vision. If it does, you should use that to fine tune your bike to remove all popping.

Last edited by dkaile : 15th June 2015 at 13:34.
Old 15th June 2015, 14:04   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the FP3 installed all your tuning issues should have been sorted out. If the problem is remaining even after FP3 it means either you have loaded the wrong tune through FP3 or a further fine tuning of that tune is required according to the exact exhaust and air intake model. Ideally with a very free flowing exhaust, a heavy breather (stage 2) intake is recommended. I would suggest you contact Vance & Hines customer care detailing your exact hardware and ask them to send you a perfect tune for this setup.

PS - I believe the FP3 also comes with a auto-tune feature like the Power Vision. If it does, you should use that to fine tune your bike to remove all popping.
The way the app works is very simple. It identifies the bike, asks for what hardware is on and contacts VnH server and gets the right tune. There is no way I could've gone wrong on that. Heavy breather is NOT mandatory unless one is specific at Stage 2.

I am aware of the FP3 Auto tune feature and it VERY clearly says

"AutoTune can be utilized where a Vance & Hines map is not provided or to further fine tune a specific intake and exhaust combination to the unique variations of an individual bike."

And I was not talking from ignorance perspective as far as the pops are concerned.

All I said was I need to learn more of the FP3 and its functions!

If you are not aware, even stock map on stock pipe and stock air intake, there is a distinct popping. If you are still on stock, try taking the engine to a high RPM and just let go of the throttle and let me know.

In my case, I was talking of the same unlike the popping that usually happens with other VnH pipes that go Rap! Rap! Rap! like gun shots.
Old 15th June 2015, 14:30   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am aware of the FP3 Auto tune feature and it VERY clearly says

"AutoTune can be utilized where a Vance & Hines map is not provided or to further fine tune a specific intake and exhaust combination to the unique variations of an individual bike"

If you are not aware, even stock map on stock pipe and stock air intake, there is a distinct popping.
I do not find any popping in the stock setup even after deceleration from high rpm's.

I found the Auto Tuning process quite helpful at least in the Power Vision. It gave better results than the custom tune that was recommended as it further adjusted the bike to one's own riding style.
Old 15th June 2015, 14:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not find any popping in the stock setup even after deceleration from high rpm's.

I found the Auto Tuning process quite helpful at least in the Power Vision. It gave better results than the custom tune that was recommended as it further adjusted the bike to one's own riding style.
Strange. Were you on stock tune when you got the bike?

Our group has 7 fatboys at least. 2 (@warlock) of us a very close personally and we both notice the decel pop on stock albeit its not as pronounced as in Vnh.
Another two are still on stock exhaust. Can check with the other two as well though we'll have to check that ourselves as they may not be able to figure it out themselves
Old 15th June 2015, 14:55   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strange. Were you on stock tune when you got the bike?
Hmmm. Interesting. I am still on stock tune. The auto tune was used on a Super Glide Custom and hence the observation. I will be using the Power Vision on my bike after I get my Cobra Slip-ons and the Stage 1 intake, hence the inquiry.

I presume that the Fat Boy and the Heritage are tuned slightly differently and hence there is a slight difference in stock outputs too. Maybe this popping is a Fat Boy specific phenomenon on the Softails.
Old 15th June 2015, 17:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm. Interesting. I am still on stock tune. The auto tune was used on a Super Glide Custom and hence the observation. I will be using the Power Vision on my bike after I get my Cobra Slip-ons and the Stage 1 intake, hence the inquiry.

I presume that the Fat Boy and the Heritage are tuned slightly differently and hence there is a slight difference in stock outputs too. Maybe this popping is a Fat Boy specific phenomenon on the Softails.
One thing for sure which you may want to follow as well - Auto tune is optional if you find bike not behaving as you expect it to. Not mandatory.

And

I am not sure if the tuning on Fatboy and Heritage are different. Please let me know where you got this info from. Any data sheet?

Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 18:19   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing for sure which you may want to follow as well - Auto tune is optional if you find bike not behaving as you expect it to. Not mandatory.

And

I am not sure if the tuning on Fatboy and Heritage are different. Please let me know where you got this info from. Any data sheet?
Of course it's optional. My experience shows that it gets you better performance from your bike rather than sticking with their set values or tunes.

There's a difference of 2nm of torque and it's always been there on their website. Both bikes are definitely tuned differently to give different outputs from the same engine based on their usage pattern.

2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy - Rambo comes home!-harley-softail-vs-fatboy-engine-performance.jpg

Last edited by dkaile : 15th June 2015 at 18:35.
Old 17th June 2015, 17:57   #133
Senior - BHPian

Shubz I just managed to open your exhaust video. Love the sound bro. Especially when you braaaap it a teeny tiny bit.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:12   #134
Senior - BHPian

Looking to change from Screaming Eagle Stage 1 filters to Vance & Hines VO2 Air Intake Kit!

Any comments/suggestions welcome. (@gthang sir and everyone else)

Cheers!
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:58   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking to change from Screaming Eagle Stage 1 filters to Vance & Hines VO2 Air Intake Kit!

Any comments/suggestions welcome. (@gthang sir and everyone else)

Cheers!
Some serious mods happening! Is there a Harley class at the drag strips? With your weight, you would have a great chance (after losing those chromed "wings" first).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks