Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2018, 21:21   #61
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

See harsher ride quality on some surfaces of paved roads is normal. My FZ1 was incredibly stiff as well but, I had dialed down the compression considerably and increased the rebound by a couple of clicks (you'll have to find your sweet spot as per your weight and riding style).
At the rear, I prefer having standard pre-load (factory set) but again I dial down the compression and dial up the rebound.
This will not improve the ride quality but would give you a stable ride quality especially when you hit a bump. Also, you could play around with your tyre pressure and find a sweet spot there.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2018 at 08:20. Reason: Adding punctuation
Old 12th January 2018, 12:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Thanks Nilesh.

the dash beneath the speedo can be fully customized as per the information you want to see and is extremely easy to use with a switch on the left handle bar. Following options are available to chose from
Cheers
Rohan
Recently learned that the angle of screen can be changed which is pretty useful.

Just for comparison of prices- RS costs 13lac in Kerala and Busa costs 17.4 lacs OTR.
Old 12th January 2018, 17:21   #63
BHPian

With running in done, have entered another dimension of this bike. This appears to have more of a Jekyll & Hyde character than other super sport bikes I have ridden.

Upto 8000 rpm the bike is very well behaved, refined, quick but not aggressive. After that it pulls like a trapped animal trying to escape. Must confess the first around it took me by surprise as the sitting position is quite upright and not best suited to the way the power comes in. Now that I know what to expect ..:.all the way.The bike is also super light and it just goes where you look.

Current gripes are the rear brake squeaks sometimes, gear changes between 1&2 is not as smooth and the low beams are pathetic.
Also the wind blast is insane. Worse than the bigger naked street bikes around. I wonder if they are any effective after market wind deflectors. Anyone?

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th January 2018 at 22:40. Reason: Typos
Caramba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 19:35   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post

Upto 8000 rpm the bike is very well behaved, refined, quick but not aggressive. After that it pulls like a trapped animal trying to escape. Must confess the first around it took me by surprise as the sitting position is quite upright and not best suited to the way the power comes in.

Also the wind blast is insane. Worse than the bigger naked street bikes around. I wonder if they are any effective after market wind deflectors. Anyone?
Yes there is a definite kick after 8000 rpm and the bike feels very strong in comparison to my ex 675. Yet to reach the 1600 kms mark, only after that I can feel her fully.

Secondly, wind blast feels more bcz you sit quite high on it as the tail is raised and rear suspension have very low sag. You must feel better on S due to low seat and additional sag. Although there is one screen already from PUIG which I didn't like. Functionally it should be better but naked bike will still be a naked bike.

Last edited by dchahal : 13th January 2018 at 19:39.
Old 14th January 2018, 16:39   #65
BHPian

So I completed the 1600 kms today and hell break loose. My eyes popped seeing the acceleration past 10k Rpm. As I pushed her well today, could do some corners at reasonable speed and the entry-exits were amazing with sublime handling and great torque everywhere in the rev range. I am running on Metezler M5 rightnow so can imagine the improvement with Supercorsas.

Secondly, as I dialed the comfort settings on front and rear suspension, I could see the need of going back to Road settings now as I will ride little faster. The notion "Is this all the Bike you will ever need?" seems true here.
dchahal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 14:56   #66
BHPian

I test drove the RS and wanted to share my thoughts for whatever they are worth! First, a quick background. I currently ride the Duke 390 and had a Tiger 800 before this. I test rode the RS for, more than 150 KMs. The dealership was extremely nice and I had the bike with me overnight.

The bike is tame in Rain and Street mode. Although it picks up pace quickly, there is no G-force pulling you backwards, as one would expect. The only tell-tale is the sound of the exhaust. Putting the bike into sport mode changes the behavior substantially. For example I was checking the brakes and did a quickish stop from a speed of about 50 Kmph. Heard a thud and was not sure what it was, so experimented again and realised that the sound was the rear tyre coming back on the ground (yes it did a stoppie). Similarly during acceleration, you get the feeling that the front tyre will go up and the G-force pushes you on to the pillion seat. Both these things, breaking (or stoppie, if you prefer) as well as acceleration are not possible in Rain and street mode.

It is difficult to take the bike beyond 8000 rpm in any gear, under typical road conditions, and hence one would not access the complete power of the bike, often. By the way it will go beyond 150 Kmph in 4th gear itself (easily) if one starts opening that throttle.

The posture is a bit more aggressive than my KTM and it gave me some pain in my wrists. I felt that it could be tiring on a long ride. Also the upper body leans forward enough, for some weight to be transferred to the handlebars. This means that the palms will also need getting accustomed to, holding the upper body weight, partially.

Even at 90 Kmph, the bike seems to be doing a fast nip, because of the sound of the triple engine. By comparison my Duke sounds very relaxed at 100 kmph. No affront, please, just sharing how they feel and just the feel, only.

Compared to my erstwhile tiger the triple sounds furious and ready to attack corners. Yes I would sometimes push my tiger too , but the triple I don't think I can push. It is much more motorcycle than I am ready for, and it is willing to go beyond my comfort zone. For sharp overtaking manoeuvres, you need to give the right amount of throttle input, otherwise, the bike will tend to hold the straight line (if you accelerate too much). I felt that up to 120-130, the Duke is more flickable and out of a tight spot, more easily, because of the lower power delivery.

Suspension is not hard in a bad way and the bike handles undulations well. It is only when you pick up pace and want to do high triple digit speeds that you feel that a slightly softer suspension would make it less bouncy. Fortunately, the suspension can be adjusted.

I wanted to check the bike in city traffic too and did some 40 kilometers in town. With the right kind of throttle inputs, the bike was nimble and I did not feel it's weight. Could not test it in stop and go traffic though.
Due to the confidence I had in the bike not showing its weight, I tried to turn it around, from stand still, with one foot on the ground, and immediately felt the weight of the bike on my leg as I leaned in too much. Sharp reminder that this is no 390 and at stationary, you must hold the bike upright.

While I have ridden the S version also, I cannot tell much difference as I did not experiment with the S and rode it only in the street mode.

In summary: Great Brakes, good acceleration in sports mode (did not try track mode),easy to move between various modes. Exhaust note is superb, comfortable lower body posture.

Wind buffeting is just too much at higher speeds. In essence, it is not about what speeds the bike is capable of, but what is the comfortable zone and I feel it will be 120-130 Kmph. I had my helmet pushing upwards due to the wind at high speeds and I don't wear a loose one. Upper body posture will require getting used to, for longer rides.

I have booked it.

Last edited by navin : 15th January 2018 at 16:17. Reason: typo
Insearch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 16:11   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insearch View Post
I test drove the RS ...

I have booked it.

Haha. That last line totally sums up the review.

Many congratulations and enjoy the new ride. :-)
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 21:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
I am running on Metezler M5 rightnow so can imagine the improvement with Supercorsas.

Secondly, as I dialed the comfort settings on front and rear suspension, I could see the need of going back to Road settings now as I will ride little faster. The notion "Is this all the Bike you will ever need?" seems true here.
Why M5s? If you leave those on until they wear out, you're leaving the Supercorsas to age, and tyres have a use by date.

I was just checking the RS' suspension settings, apparently the track setting for the forks is almost fully wound out, with practically no room further - but few riders will want anything stiffer. The rear settings also don't make much sense - road and comfort are the same but a large 10 clicks away from sport mode.

Can you comment on headlight beam quality - or better, post pics? And how it tackles tall speed bumps?

Quote:
It is difficult to take the bike beyond 8000 rpm in any gear, under typical road conditions, and hence one would not access the complete power of the bike, often. By the way it will go beyond 150 Kmph in 4th gear itself (easily) if one starts opening that throttle.
Maybe this will help.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-triumph_street_triple_765_gearwise_speed.jpg

This

Quote:
(Had a tiger), the triple I don't think I can push. It is much more motorcycle than I am ready for, and it is willing to go beyond my comfort zone.
and this

Quote:
I have booked it.
don't make sense, so I guess this was a decision taken by the heart, not brain! Why'd you let go of the tiger?

Quote:
Wind buffeting is just too much at higher speeds. In essence, it is not about what speeds the bike is capable of, but what is the comfortable zone and I feel it will be 120-130 Kmph. I had my helmet pushing upwards due to the wind at high speeds.
Can't wait for an extended ride, as soon as the test-ride RS arrives I'm putting dibs on it!
Old 15th January 2018, 22:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Why M5s? If you leave those on until they wear out, you're leaving the Supercorsas to age, and tyres have a use by date.

I was just checking the RS' suspension settings, apparently the track setting for the forks is almost fully wound out, with practically no room further - but few riders will want anything stiffer. The rear settings also don't make much sense - road and comfort are the same but a large 10 clicks away from sport mode.

Can you comment on headlight beam quality - or better, post pics? And how it tackles tall speed bumps?

it!

Tyres: Putting M5s was a decision taken after seeing some small metal flakes sticking to Supercorsas. I knew that for first couple of thousand kms I won't do justice to the track tires. Regarding the life of tires, I feel we mostly get 1-2 year old stuff here in India, so these should be ok for that much time as well.

Suspension: There will always be a limit to the settings but if it can cater 90% of the people, it's job well done.

Headlights: Lights are better than 675 which were pathetic. I used cyclops on 675 while on RS I am ok with stock. Can't say these are best though.
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 11:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:
This

and this

don't make sense, so I guess this was a decision taken by the heart, not brain! Why'd you let go of the tiger?
You are right! Decision from the heart.
Still, let me explain:

I was riding a Duke 390 even before I bought the Tiger. The Duke was very well balanced and light. I bought the Tiger for all round fun as well as touring. BUT, the Tiger has a 16 kg exhaust can on one side which gives it a weight bias to the right. No matter how much I tried I could not adjust to this part (coming from the Duke). In fact the Dealership was super nice and changed my bike to a newer unit!!

Yes they literally gave me a new bike as a replacement, hoping that I would not feel the weight bias.

I still did, and hence came back to the Duke. The Tiger is a fantastic bike and before someone starts shooting at me, let me say that if I buy a bike after the RS, it will most likely be a tourer like the Tiger. Smooth engine, relaxed posture, good amount of torque and long service intervals.

What does one buy, if one wants to upgrade from the Duke? Not many options. I also looked at the Z900 and Ninja 1000. Both of these are good options (and cheaper than the Triple). I chose the RS, because it is lighter and has much better dealership support, over the Kawasakis. That is quite evident if you read my two posts here, and how the dealership has gone out of its way in helping me out. Buying a premium bike is a decision, not really an experience. Living with that decision is the experience and it is made easier or challenging, based on the after sales support. For me, Triumph have proven themselves beyond doubt.

When I visited the Kawasaki showroom, they tried their best to welcome me, but did not have the right details on the two bikes, could not offer a test ride and were not sure on the availability of accessories. Also people in the social circle, who own those bikes are not happy with the After Sales Support. Two Ninja owners were very confident that the Ninja is a better over all bike. I trust them. But I am not a "Do it Yourself" person, so my dependence on the dealership will be high.

Triumph Street Triple RS, is supported by a dealership, that gives me the confidence that they will look after my ownership experience in a good way.

Last edited by Insearch : 16th January 2018 at 12:14.
Insearch is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 16:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

\What speed does it take for you to cross 8000 rpm. So far I've touched about 140-150 max and I don't think I could take the rpm beyond / much beyond 7500/8000 rpm on my 765 S.
In all honestly do not know what the speed was, was just peeking at the RPM to know when to shift and was stretching the gears just up to 3rd. Anything other than this I would prefer to do in a controlled setting.

Quote:

Low beam is sufficient for in city low speed rides. On the highway, there is no option but to use the high beam. Would recommend aux lights for anyone who rides at night. I quite rarely ride after dark, and so only winter mornings pose a problem. With high beam on, the throw is very good.

So far have not had any issue with speed bumps. Was very careful initially as but now quite comfortable tackling most bumps including the special ones we have here in Bangalore.
Caramba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 20:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Team, know this is the RS thread. I just got my first Triumph, a R low in the US. What are some of the best accessories for the 765? Brands/specific model

Looking at frame sliders, levers, windscreen, and other protection bits. Have a Yoshi in mind for the future.

The R is a great compromise between the S and RS. Loving it.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516285896.658618.jpgTriumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516285950.529983.jpg
mail4ajo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 09:41   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Team, know this is the RS thread. I just got my first Triumph, a R low in the US. What are some of the best accessories for the 765? Brands/specific model

Looking at frame sliders, levers, windscreen, and other protection bits. Have a Yoshi in mind for the future.

Congrats on the R.

Triumph itself offers most of the accessories (for protection) that your are looking for. It includes frame sliders, fork protectors, engine casing cover, etc. I am not sure how good the Triumph windscreen is.

The other important item for protection is the radiator guard. For Indian road conditions, having the radiator guard is recommended. My friend got the evotech radiator guard for his new Street triple and he has given a good feedback about its quality.

Last edited by shan_ned : 19th January 2018 at 09:48.
Old 19th January 2018, 22:42   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

Attachment 1718525Attachment 1718526
Congratulations for the R buddy. Keep an eye on Triumphrat forum as well for your research on parts.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:53   #75
BHPian

I am absolutely and hopelessly in love with this bike. Triumph has nailed it and it is worth every penny that you spend on it over the competition.

Betty is now running on 99 octane fuel only there is a marked difference in throttle response. And that intake growl is oh so bloody addictive

Edit: Ordered Techspec tank grips and the Evotech performance radiator guard directly from the manufacturers. Both of them have reached India and are awaiting clearance. Will share pics when installed.

A picture from yesterday morning on the DND while i was waiting for friends to join

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-betty.jpg

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 29th January 2018 at 12:16.
RohanDheman is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks