Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 09:11   #151
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post

Now with S- bike went to chickmagalur and came back, and it was very very dirty. Clutch handle was broken, 70% to hold., still i did the test ride, for some reason, bike was getting switched off while moving forward in first gear.

Finally I took the RS and the Triumph person who accompanied us took S., after midway we had exchanged, had to revv hard to not allow to switch off., is this any issue to be worried about in the new bike?

S felt very similar to the ride in city as it was in RS., hardly any difference., except that the clutch was silky smooth on RS., and its hard on S.

Now I am back to confusion S or RS., will the 3L additional be worth - for city riding and occasional or weekend breakfast rides? Or Should I make do with S.?

Will S get replaced shortly with a newer model in a year or so and diminish its value?

Help...
The torque below 2000 RPM is slightly less for the 765, but it is not a problem to worry about. I had no issue of engine getting switched off unless I give very less throttle. Also, the 765 exhaust is loud enough and so even a slight twist in the throttle will make you feel that you are revving the engine a little more for the bike to move from the stand still. Eventually you will get to know how to handle this after a couple of rides.

Having said that, the test ride bike (the S model) has a damaged clutch lever due to a fall in one of the test rides and so that bike required more gas when moving from the stand-still.

Going by your requirements, the S looks more suitable for you as per my subjective opinion. On the contrary, some one else may suggest you the RS. In the end, you are the final judge in resolving the confusion (between what your heart and head says ).
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 22:07   #152
BHPian

See it’s simple! If you want one of the best handling bikes with the best brakes in the market get the ‘RS’ else the ‘S’

Last edited by Crankpin : 25th June 2018 at 22:08.
Crankpin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 18:13   #153
BHPian

Added the OEM Triumph flyscreen to the bike. I feel the screen Does make a reasonable difference in the few short rides I have had. The screen took about 15 mins to install and I did it at home. Completes the look of the front end as well. The cost of the screen is down to INR 5.2k.

Also got a helmet cover from motoloot.com and went about having some fun on the Sunday ride!

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1531140133.045567.jpg

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 18:28   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Also got a helmet cover from motoloot.com and went about having some fun on the Sunday ride!
Oh my god!

Took me some time to figure out its a cover - and then read the description. Initially I was wondering why would anyone purchase a helmet like this. Good one!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 19:20   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Rohan
Rohan - this looks hilarious

i am going to order one today - many thanks
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 10:12   #156
BHPian

Good one Rohan! By the way the short screen you've got is from the Triumph Showroom ? Or you ordered it online? Any links?
Old 11th July 2018, 13:47   #157
Team-BHP Support

I just noticed the short screen. Looks very nice. I would be keen on the link too. Thanks.
Old 11th July 2018, 14:38   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Good one Rohan! By the way the short screen you've got is from the Triumph Showroom ? Or you ordered it online? Any links?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I just noticed the short screen. Looks very nice. I would be keen on the link too. Thanks.
Hi Guys, got the screen from Triumph directly- the Chandigarh showroom as i was in the city for some work. Don't remember the exact amount, but it was less than Rs. 5500 for sure.

@Axe77- I am not sure if this would fit the S. This is specifically for the RS.

Cheers!
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 11th July 2018 at 14:39.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 16:11   #159
A M
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1780327

Rohan
This is hilarious.
Foodpanda should hire you as their brand ambassador.
A M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 19:55   #160
BHPian

Quote:

@Axe77- I am not sure if this would fit the S. This is specifically for the RS.

Rohan
The OEM windscreen is available for the S model as well, but I need to check if both share the same part number.

NOTE: I confirm that the part numbers of the OEM windscreen are different for S and RS.

Last edited by shan_ned : 11th July 2018 at 20:04. Reason: Adding an information
Old 12th July 2018, 17:37   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Added the OEM Triumph flyscreen to the bike. I feel the screen Does make a reasonable difference in the few short rides I have had. The screen took about 15 mins to install and I did it at home. Completes the look of the front end as well.

It looks nice. Can this be installed leaving the number plate clamps that Triumph provides?
Old 12th July 2018, 19:54   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
The OEM windscreen is available for the S model as well, but I need to check if both share the same part number.

NOTE: I confirm that the part numbers of the OEM windscreen are different for S and RS.

Thanks Rohan and Shan-Ned. I checked with Triumph Mumbai and they have the screen for S in stock. Costs about 4.8k.

@Rohan: did you find the screen making a notable difference to wind buffeting? Basically - assume this is well worth it?

Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 21:07   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
It looks nice. Can this be installed leaving the number plate clamps that Triumph provides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Thanks Rohan and Shan-Ned. I checked with Triumph Mumbai and they have the screen for S in stock. Costs about 4.8k.

@Rohan: did you find the screen making a notable difference to wind buffeting? Basically - assume this is well worth it?

Thanks

@Caramba- the number plate clamps need to be removed. The number plate clamp is a jugaad for the Indian market and was therefore never a part of the original design regarding the windscreen.

@Axe77: for my 5'10 frame I could feel a noticeable difference. The blast is not directly felt on the chest. I did a short highway run (60km) at around 90mph and it much much better than before.

See it's a naked at the end of the day so wind blast would be there. The screen (for my height) took the pressure away from the chest which was bothering me a lot.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 09:58   #164
BHPian

I think the OEM windscreen is the better option as of now. I spoke with my friend (765 S owner) about the OEM part and he gave the same feedback as what RohanDheman gave. With other aftermarket windscreens, there are some negative feedback. Until someone comes with a better windscreen, OEM seems to be the better one.
Old 13th July 2018, 13:15   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I think the OEM windscreen is the better option as of now. I spoke with my friend (765 S owner) about the OEM part and he gave the same feedback as what RohanDheman gave. With other aftermarket windscreens, there are some negative feedback. Until someone comes with a better windscreen, OEM seems to be the better one.
You should have a look at Puig Rafale screen. Looks awesome in dark tint & it is very very effective on naked bikes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks